women - bathing suits at buffet

beccadoby

On RCCL, you have to have coverup on at the buffet.. is it not the same on Carnival?

No, it's not. There really aren't any rules at the buffet. That said, I really can't recall people dripping wet in the buffet line, or losing my appetite over somebody's uncovered cellulite:rolleyes:

(especially if they have narly feet!)

I dont know how anyone can walk barefoot anywhere!

Trock, you are too funny. Have to agree w/ you, I don't walk anywhere barefoot, unless it is my house or my parent's house. I have trouble walking barefoot in my hotel or cabin room. It totally creeps me out, all those other feet that have been there.:eek: Nasty. So no I would never walk barefoot on the Lido or in the buffet area.

As far as the bathing suit in the buffet area that is also a big no. Come on you are inside where people are sitting, cover yourself up and I don't care what you look like. I wear board-shorts and a bikini top and still throw a cover up on. And for those that sit inside to eat w/ their bathing suits on, now I have to sit where cheeks have been and that is sick too.:eek:

Men should also put a shirt on and I mean full shirt would be great. I am not a fan of any sort of tank top on a man, made DH throw ALL of his out 16 years ago when we got married.:cool:

I swear that I remember reading it somewhere in the boarding literature. But now I can not seem to find it :rolleyes: .....

I just got my docs and it clearly states:

"if you are between the ages of 18 and 25, female and have a killer bod, you may wear a small bikini at the buffet"... Otherwise cover it up!

I am very surprised at this... But dats da rules!

**no man should wear a speedo** ever LOL

Actually all European men wear speedos. I am sure you notice that on any Med. cruise or on the beaches in Europe. That's is their "bathing suite":rolleyes: As far as walking in bathing suites in the eating area goes, I think everyone have to have an appropriate clothes; not so much because it's a dining/buffet room and you eat there but for the sake of dressing up appropriately in any places. I, myself, tend not to cover up at the places where it is appropriate not to be covered up, such as swimming area, bathroom area, etc. But even having a nice body I wouldn't be walking in a swimming suite on the ship if I need to go back to my cabin or something. I think it's a matter of a respect to others. Personally, I don't like when someone stares at me; so let's not provoke it girls. :)

"if you are between the ages of 18 and 25, female and have a killer bod, you may wear a small bikini at the buffet"... Otherwise cover it up!

DH and DS will want to be on your cruise..... ;)

Actually all European men wear speedos. I am sure you notice that on any Med. cruise or on the beaches in Europe. That's is their "bathing suite":rolleyes: As far as walking in bathing suites in the eating area goes, I think everyone have to have an appropriate clothes; not so much because it's a dining/buffet room and you eat there but for the sake of dressing up appropriately in any places. I, myself, tend not to cover up at the places where it is appropriate not to be covered up, such as swimming area, bathroom area, etc. But even having a nice body I wouldn't be walking in a swimming suite on the ship if I need to go back to my cabin or something. I think it's a matter of a respect to others. Personally, I don't like when someone stares at me; so let's not provoke it girls. :)
I hate to disagree, but we dont all wear the speedo, I have an outfit that was worn by Borat in the movie, the lime green one piece thong, fantastic on a pale body, my wife never attends breakfast, she prefers to keep her eggs to herself, and unfertilized, this will be our !st cruise with carnival in sept, so we both want to fit in, I do have a fantastic leather poseing pouch, what do you think, regards

You think they should walk around without a coverup?

Ok...Liv you are most certainly entitled to your opinion. :p

Of course...if they can pull off wearing an ALS or WW, then the no cover up rule should apply.

Trock, you are too funny. Have to agree w/ you, I don't walk anywhere barefoot, unless it is my house or my parent's house. I have trouble walking barefoot in my hotel or cabin room. It totally creeps me out, all those other feet that have been there.:eek: Nasty. So no I would never walk barefoot on the Lido or in the buffet area.

As far as the bathing suit in the buffet area that is also a big no. Come on you are inside where people are sitting, cover yourself up and I don't care what you look like. I wear board-shorts and a bikini top and still throw a cover up on. And for those that sit inside to eat w/ their bathing suits on, now I have to sit where cheeks have been and that is sick too.:eek:

Men should also put a shirt on and I mean full shirt would be great. I am not a fan of any sort of tank top on a man, made DH throw ALL of his out 16 years ago when we got married.:cool:

LOL

A shirt that does not expose the beer belly !

I hate to disagree, but we dont all wear the speedo, I have an outfit that was worn by Borat in the movie, the lime green one piece thong, fantastic on a pale body, my wife never attends breakfast, she prefers to keep her eggs to herself, and unfertilized, this will be our !st cruise with carnival in sept, so we both want to fit in, I do have a fantastic leather poseing pouch, what do you think, regards

Ha-ha-ha....lol.... I don't want to meet you during the breakfast time in your lime green one piece thong. :D I don't know how it looks on you... but sorry it's dusgusting... and I'm not a conservative at all...lol. I am pretty sure you'll fit in.... lol... sorry, can't stop laughing, no offense:rolleyes:

Enjoy your cruise!

Originally Posted by Raceroc viewpost.gif

That's so so awaful.... don't you think? It's like a discrimination to me... Ok, I am finally over 25 :( (still can't say outloud how old I am ;) ) and I have to cover up? I think it's a joke....There is no way they have can have such a message in the documents. It's like telling the cruisers that they only can sunbathe topless if they have nice... you know what....

You guys probably just look really good in bathing suits

most people dont!

So what? If you don't like it, don't look.

I am not a swimsuit model either, and would wear a cover up. BUT, if someone feels good about themselves and doesn't buy into all this anorexic bull**** that the media puts on us as to what is "normal", who are you to rain on their parade?

I say good for them for having such a positive self image, and anybody else can go pound sand. I wish I was as confident as those people.

/end rant.

Linda

I am not a swimsuit model either, and would wear a cover up. BUT, if someone feels good about themselves and doesn't buy into all this anorexic bull**** that the media puts on us as to what is "normal", who are you to rain on their parade?

I say good for them for having such a positive self image, and anybody else can go pound sand. I wish I was as confident as those people.

/end rant.

Linda

I second that rant Linda. I wear a coverup too, but I'm getting better, there was a time I woudln't even wear a bathing suit. Now my SO is trying to get me to wear a bikini, still a long way away from that, in public at least :p

Since I started taking Caribbean vacations, I've seen all sorts on the beach in various states of undress, I say if you're comfortable, go for it. I'm not bothered much by what you wear at the buffet, if it grosses me out, I'll look the other way.

What turned my stomach at the lido buffet was the guy sitting directly across from me, in shirt and swim shorts, bare feet, snoring, drooling with food all down the front of his shirt. I moved.

/end rant.

Linda

Have a nice day;)

I wanted to make a point by asking what you guys thought. AS we see, most (except for the men who want to see HOT bodies) said they do not want to see "skin" at the buffet. Especially "cheeks" like I was exposed to! Then, we might even have to sit down where those "freshly hanging out cheeks" have been. I think we all get the picture!

So, I hope this brings light to someone who might usually go eat and not think anything of it.

This brings to mind something that I had said on another thread the other day. WE all are to wash and sanatize hands before going to eat. So, some eat, play with hair, lick fingers, touch chairs tables, so on....so now we can add to that list- if they are in their bathing suit, now we can add pulling "bathing suit wedgies" on their way to go get another plate and touch the same utensils that everyone else is. :eek:

Archived