women - bathing suits at buffet

beccadoby

I personally don't see a big deal. Going through the food line with or without a cover-up, what really is the big deal? It's certainly not a hygenic issue. The buffet is casual & I think swimsuits are fine. I have to stop & think if we went through the line in our suits...pretty darn sure we did. I just don't see the big deal.

I personally would not do it. Not because of any other reason then I would feel uncomfortable to go to the buffet in my bathing suit. I do not put it on to go to the bathroom, though. I mean...why bother?? If you don't feel comfortable with walking a few steps to the bathroom in your bathing suit, you probably shouldn't wear one. As for the hygiene issue. I agree here. What difference does it make if you are around food in your suit without a coverup? That's a new one for me.

Alas, I cannot say this is probably true. I'm just comfortable with me. My swimsuit is a one piece & covers everything up, even has a little skirt. I really just never thought about it. I'm a cruise & don't feel the need to cover up whenever I leave my lounge chair. I always felt the lido deck & the buffet were very casual environments & swimsuits were fine. I dress up every night for dinner (no jeans thank you :wink: ) & changed clothes whenever we ate in the dining room for lunch.

Hi

That suit sounds as appropriate as a cover up. i think most of what people mean are the teeny tiny two piece suits on a larger framed person..

I would feel more comfortable covered up but thats me and my own insecurity!;)

My HD at first said that he had no prob.with a young woman in a little swimsuite sitting across from him ...So I asked if it was also ok for a young man in a speedo to sit in the same seat would he have a prob.with that.He soon agreed.Cover it up...I'm tryin to eat here!!!

**no man should wear a speedo** ever LOL

Hi

That suit sounds as appropriate as a cover up. i think most of what people mean are the teeny tiny two piece suits on a larger framed person..

I would feel more comfortable covered up but thats me and my own insecurity!;)

Oh no, my binkini is reserved for the swimming pool in my back yard, my DH & two BFFs! I would never subject innocent strangers to my belly fat! :D

My "offensive" attire. :p

640x480-cruise%20059.jpg

Oh no, my binkini is reserved for the swimming pool in my back yard, my DH & two BFFs! I would never subject innocent strangers to my belly fat! :D

My "offensive" attire. :p

640x480-cruise%20059.jpg

OK You guys look great. .That is so appropriate for the buffet

And why wouldnt you wear a two piece?????? Flaunt it girl! (By the pool, lol)

I personally don't see a big deal. Going through the food line with or without a cover-up, what really is the big deal? It's certainly not a hygenic issue. The buffet is casual & I think swimsuits are fine. I have to stop & think if we went through the line in our suits...pretty darn sure we did. I just don't see the big deal.

Well I do, I don't want to see you & your spouse in a bathing suit in front on me in line at the buffet :eek: !!!

Yep - I too agree that I see WAY more skin at the buffet than I'd like. But in addition to swim suits I HATE the bare feet :eek: .

Come on....bare feet in a restraurant!!:eek: Drives me crazy....

(especially if they have narly feet!)

I dont know how anyone can walk barefoot anywhere!

The big deal is that it is a restaurant :eek: ! Casual is NOT swimsuits and vacation or not swimsuits do not belong in a place that serves food.

The big deal is that it is a restaurant :eek: ! Casual is NOT swimsuits and vacation or not swimsuits do not belong in a place that serves food.

I've been to many a beach restaurant, on vacation, where a swimsuit is acceptable attire. I consider the buffet, off of the pool, to be the same environment.

Isn't the buffet inside? Dont you have to go thru doors? While the grill is outside on the lido deck? I say coverup for the inside food but if you want to get up from your deck chair and walk a few feet to grab a burger at the outdoor grill in just your suit...so be it.

Oh and dont you mean the Dallas Cowgirl Cheerleaders? :D Just kidding! I'm a Texan and we play the cowgirls (oops, I mean cowboys) in a few weeks.

Such a man-statement lOL:p

Because we all look like this 3971510436

I do. That's my picture;) I hate how it gets circulated through the internet all the time.

Seriously, I cover up. I usually just throw a sarong around my waist so my hips and legs are covered. I have a flat stomach I like to show off :) However, after last week, I might change that. I was in Vegas for a convention. I put on my bikini, pareo, and flipflops and went on my way, forgetting that over 8000 people from my company were in town. I was one of about 100 the first 2 days, and I forgot the rest would be coming in on this particular day. As I get on the elevator, I see one of our senior VPs. I was hoping he wouldn't recognize me, but he did. I tied my pareo differently on the way up.

I've been to many a beach restaurant, on vacation, where a swimsuit is acceptable attire. I consider the buffet, off of the pool, to be the same environment.

Well, I disagree.....

The grill - outside near the pool is one thing. The restaurant inside - with carpet, tables and fabric chairs is not the same thing as a "beach restaurant".

JMHO :rolleyes:

Archived