Did you ever meet anyone famous on a cruise?

bermuda triangle

WoW ! Was this a single QEII cruise or many, over time?

That was over several cruises on the QEII. Bill Cosby was on the ship three separate times that we were. He is one of the funniest entertainers we have ever experienced (and no foul language) and we went to all of his performances. I also forgot that Victor Borge was also on board one cruise entertaining. It was his 85th birthday and he brought his whole family (wife, children & grandchildren) on board to celebrate. He was hysterical!

Other cruises on QEII were the actor, Terence Stamp and the 60s r&r singer Wayne Fontana (from the Mind Benders).

Sadly, I too have never met anyone famous on a cruise but living in Las Vegas for 29 years we have seen so many famous people out in about in their daily lives here. When we first moved here in 1978 we would see Wayne Newton shopping frequently at a store called The Broadway at the old Boulevard Mall. Our son has been a food server for several years in various resorts on the strip and has waited on several. It is funny to hear him talk about how some are extremely nice and others are downright cheap. One of the nicest he ever waited on was Drew Carey. But the first famous person I can think of that I met and spoke to was in 1970 coming home from Japan I met Bob Hope in LAX in the International terminal, years later I also saw in at a book signing.

My wife is much better at that stuff than I am. Went to Tim McGraw/Faith Hill concert last Saturday at Anaheim's Honda Center (or something like that - used to be "the Pond":eek: ). My wife said do you know who's sitting in front of us. I had no clue. Turned out to be Hillary Swank from Clint Eastwood's "Million Dollar Baby"

My nephew went to high school with Hillary Swank in Bellingham, WA. She's a GREAT actress IMO!

My wife is much better at that stuff than I am. Went to Tim McGraw/Faith Hill concert last Saturday at Anaheim's Honda Center (or something like that - used to be "the Pond":eek: ). My wife said do you know who's sitting in front of us. I had no clue. Turned out to be Hillary Swank from Clint Eastwood's "Million Dollar Baby"

That is cool! I sat next to Val Kilmer at a U2 concert in Hawaii last December.

Laura

Archived