Did you ever meet anyone famous on a cruise?

bermuda triangle

On the QEII we met Bill Cosby, Petula Clark, Mary and Carol Higgins Clark, Marvin Hamlisch, Lucy Arnaz (who was one of the nicest people we have ever met!) and did laundry and chat with Lord Wedgewood (of Wedgewood china) while he was ironing his clothes! Also, on board with us for a few days in South Africa was Nelson Mandela.

Sorry to say that I never cruised with anyone really famous......but I graduated high school with the famous writer & director, Michael Crighton....he was in my study hall:) Also, my cousin married Sheila Mckray.....Gordon's ex.....but they are divorced now.

Jim Nabors was on our Asia cruise on the Statendam in April. We had gotten up early (about 5:30AM) to take pictures of the Kobe bridge. We were standing in the Crow's Nest, turned around, and saw a familiar face. It took me a few seconds since he is a little before my time, but then I realized who it was.

Aboard MSC Opera, I met Ron Swoboda (he played for the Mets) and his lovely wife as well as a number of other veteran professional baseball players and coaches - even won a baseball signed by all of them at Baseball Trivia!

With all due respect, Brian, YOU won at baseball trivia? :eek: How'd that happen? ;)

I met Shirley Jones in the rest room on the ss Rotterdam. She looked better than most every woman aboard (especially me), and was primping. I asked her to stop. :rolleyes:

Does a Cruise Tour count? We did a 4 day land tour after our first cruise to Alaska in 1986 on the Regent Sea and James Michener came up to our car on the train from Denali to Anchorage to watch our Guide perform (who was a story teller). Apparently he did it a lot that summer while he was there finishing up the research for his book Alaska.

Copper,

The Godmother's of the Zaandam were great! They were so grown up for only being 14 years old. Very professional little girls!

Thanks for the list, Copper. I confused the "Z" ships.

Those two young ladies have turned into quite the successful businesswomen......forget their acting talent!!

With all due respect, Brian, YOU won at baseball trivia? :eek: How'd that happen? ;)

With all due respect, Brian, YOU won at baseball trivia? :eek: How'd that happen?

ROFL.... Thank you, Ruth. :) I remember Brian's glassy eyed blank look when we started talking football!!!! :D Ocean Bar/before dinner/while Patriots were in playoffs. Cracked me up!

Jim Nabors was on our Asia cruise on the Statendam in April. We had gotten up early (about 5:30AM) to take pictures of the Kobe bridge. We were standing in the Crow's Nest, turned around, and saw a familiar face. It took me a few seconds since he is a little before my time, but then I realized who it was.

Was he Gomer or Guber?

On the QEII we met Bill Cosby, Petula Clark, Mary and Carol Higgins Clark, Marvin Hamlisch, Lucy Arnaz (who was one of the nicest people we have ever met!) and did laundry and chat with Lord Wedgewood (of Wedgewood china) while he was ironing his clothes! Also, on board with us for a few days in South Africa was Nelson Mandela.

WoW ! Was this a single QEII cruise or many, over time?

On Premier's Atlantic in the early 1990s I saw and briefly chatted with a man who was the spitting image of Wayne Newton. I didn't ask his identity, as I figured he deserved a vacation.

That night the entertainment was Celebrity Impersonators ... and Guess Who came right out on stage and winked at me?

lolol......

Aboard MSC Opera, I met Ron Swoboda (he played for the Mets) and his lovely wife as well as a number of other veteran professional baseball players and coaches - even won a baseball signed by all of them at Baseball Trivia!

Also met a former EVP of NCL and Celebrity aboard that cruise as well as the former US Ambassador to Chad and his wife at Captain's Table.

Met comedienne and current Emmy nominee Kathy Griffin aboard my first Oosterdam cruise - she was playing slots while her (now ex) husband was playing craps.

...and of course, my dear pal Scotty, who appeared on the MTV reality documentary "Gay Cruise" as well as a number of other guys who were on that show - met them aboard Oosterdam as well.

;)

love love love her:D !!! i have yet to see her act live but am hoping to in vegas sometime.

The "real" Patch Adams (not, unfortunately Robin Williams) was an enrichment speaker on a Celebrity Cruise a couple of years ago. He's a tall man with a long gray pony tail. My husband is of more average height, and sports a gray pony tail of more average length :) . I can't tell you how many times both on ship and ashore our fellow passengers would approach DH and tell him how much they enjoyed his talks!

ROFL.... Thank you, Ruth. :) I remember Brian's glassy eyed blank look when we started talking football!!!! :D Ocean Bar/before dinner/while Patriots were in playoffs. Cracked me up!

FOFLMHO ... I can see it ... I can just see it!

FOFLMHO

April 25,1968 I was at the airport in Louisville, KY going home due to discharge from the Army. I met Col Sanders. Its an involved story too long to tell. The irony is that I spent 4 months at Ft. Knox and had never heard of Col Sanders.

I've eaten Col Sanders many times ... his chicken, that is. :eek: ;)

Dearest Ruthless--

I said I won a ball...

...I didn't say I was the one providing the correct answers

:cool:

I was the teammate responsible for running each answer to the quiz/score table and fetching cocktails for our team which included the former NCL & Celebrity EVP who turned out to also have quite the encyclopedic knowledge of baseball...

:) ;)

Archived