If you worked on a Dam Ship.

Happy HALer

Like Jim I did have a chance to work aboard ship. Shipboard IT operations, the position was a combination of home office and systems management aboard ship. DW didnt like the idea of having to relocate and possibility of me being away so much. Its one of a couple of times that I could have changed jobs that leaves me thinking what if.....

That's an easy one-------------administrative assistant to the Captain!! But my desk would HAVE to be by the window. If I have to work a 12 to 14 hour day, chained to my desk, I'd at least want a chance of scene------unlike what I have now!!!!

Purser. For one brief, shining moment at the end of every cruise, when all that money comes rolling in, I would feel rich, Rich, RICH!!! :D

And here I thought we'd have to fight it out over being the one to setup the Chocolate Buffet (tasting everything of course)!:D If I can't do that and since there's probably no need for programmers then I guess I'll have to go for working in the Internet Cafe. I'd get to keep working with computers, the view from there is usually pretty good (may need to move the desk over a bit closer to the windows), probably wouldn't have to pay for my internet time, and the hours aren't that bad.

Because I'm a magistrate, I could perform onboard marriage ceremonies. Oh, and I could open court to take care of that group of n'er do wells who were on the Carnival ship where people were frightened to death of them. Let's see, just how big is the brig???? Failing that, hmmmm, I think I'd like to be the "keeper of the Scotch". :D

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

If you had to take a job on a HAL ship...

Well, since you weren't specific that it had to be a HAL job, I'll keep my current job and just do it full time from HAL ships.

I am a Commercial Real Estate Appraiser, so I could do my inspections on port days and write reports in the early mornings.

I figure we'd stick withthe Caribbean in the winter and spring months then move on to the Mediterannian in the Summer and Fall months!

Does anybody have a list of Appraisal licensing requirements for HAL Ports?:D

Archived