All inclusive question

DedeM

I've read that Regent is all inclusive. They give you bottles of spirits in your cabin, wine poured at dinner, etc...

We're not really into drinking hard liquor. Will they give us bottles of champagne every day in our cabin and at the bars if we prefer?

I also read a cc review that said after you finish two bottles, they charge you for the next bottles. I know if we were drinking vodka there's no way we'd go through that much, but with champagne, no problem - probably the first night! Is that still a policy of theirs?

Since Regent went "all inclusive" on the liquor there seems to be a big confussion on how the Cabins are handled.

Butler suites have a lot more included so really don't count as far as this conversation.

In the past BEFORE "all inclusuive", you received a one time bar set up. Each person got to choose from a menu of liquor availible and received ONE bottle each.

The refrigerator would be stocked once with a 6 pack of beer. (exchangable for different brands).

Water, Sodas, & ice would be replaced on a daily bases.

As you walk in the cabin there will be a bottle of champagne on ice sitting on the table waiting for you. You could order more champagne but that would replace one of the bottles of liquor.

Now we are having conflicting stories on how this is handled. Some people say they still received a bottle each and 6 pack. No change.

Others have said they were never offered to choose liquor bottles, but do have the 6 pack. Water, sodas, & ice are replaced everyday.And the champagne is on the table.

Does this help or make it more confusing?

Same with us.

We would find someone who really liked the champagne and

would give them our bottle.

Must say that with the new "all inclusive" policy we did find us going to the happy hours in the lounges a lot more than before and not having them in our cabins.

My experience on two recent cruises (April and June) is that when you ask for a bar set up (in a standard cabin), you get it. On each cruise, I ordered one bottle of liquor, and a bottle of wine. Had the wine replenished twice during two week cruises and was not charged. I don't know where that review was that said one would be charged, but it is incorrect. There will be a bottle of champagne waiting for you. Then you could order two more as your bar set-up!

I never open up the champagne unless people I'm with happen to arrange a mimosa party at some point on the cruise.

From what I understand, getting the "beverage" of your choice will not be a problem.......... If you run out, if all else fails, you can get some from the closest bar...... but I really don't believe you will be forced to that!!!!! Gosh... does Regent spoil or what??????

In any event, you can order champagne in the bars to your heart's content. The top tier brands you may have to pay for, but the regular brands (which the champagne drinkers I know say are great) are included.

This is great!

Yes, it sounds like they definitely spoil you. :cool:

Thanks for all your answers!

• 2 weeks later...
This is great!

Yes, it sounds like they definitely spoil you. :cool:

Thanks for all your answers!

It's not surprising it's so confusing as just about every article I read says something different. eg I was just reading one by Royston Ellis about cruises in Asia (2007+) where he states that wine is complimentary but only at dinner and soft drinks are free elsewhere. Another article says that drinks are complimentary in the restaurants, only.

We quite liked (on SilverSea) watching DVDs in the room at night (says something about the entertainment) with a bottle of bubbly and were continually amazed they sent a new one every time we finished it. I do quite however like the idea that Regent tries to get people to go to the bar and drink there, more sociable. I hope there's a bar by the pool, I found a couple of afternoon martinis made the whole cruise much more enjoyable, especially with no chits to sign.

There is a bar at the pool deck. As a matter of fact on every Regent ship (well, except the lifeboats)...

no bar in the lifeboats?? Well sorry that's a complete deal killer .. ;)

I'm actually just waiting on a quote on one of the asian cruises, hopefully it comes out at a price which will give us a chance to try Regent.

I'm actually happy that we won't be saddled with the two 1 liter bottles in our cabin, since most of it went down the drain after we left. My husband will be happy with beer most of the time, and I with wine, both in endless supply now. If we want a G&T once in a while, or a cosmo!!, then we'll trot to a bar and get one!

We were on the Mariner in March and one must ask the steward for the liquior list and order your 2 bottles. Some passengers didn't know this and never got their 2 bottles. We took ours home unopenned since the bars were so available. While at lunch one day, the wine steward sent to our suite a bottle of wine that we raved about while eating!!!

The champagne on the Paul Gauguin and the Mariner is wonderful!!!WE saw no need to purchase any premium ones (and we are Champagne lovers!).

When we were on the PG, we ordered a red wine for one of our 2 bottles and it was a CA one. Good but in reality the booze was a better value.

Hi DedeM, my wife and myself were on a Navigator cruise last July and the following was our experience of the all inclusive policy.

All suites up to Penthouse B receive 2 bottles of spirits. Penthouse suites and above are entitled to 4. The spirits can be substituted by wine, not sure about Champagne. You can pre-order your drink online prior to boarding. We did and it was waiting for us on arrival.

A bottle of "Champagne" awaits you when you board. However that was a Loire sparkling wine. We actually left it behind.

Around the ship's bars all but the top brands are complementary. I presume this relates to premium whiskeys and brandies as Grey Goose Vodka was included in the complementary list.

The main house champagne is a sparkling wine but they do serve Heidsieck Champagne and all you have to do is request that when ordering.

My wife's preference in wines was for a New Zealand SB and it was readily available at any time even though it may not have been the wine of choice that particular day. In fact after the third evening we didn't even have to ask for it, it was automatically presented. I would assume therefore that Champagne would also be available.

Just a side comment - the Head Sommelier on the Navigator is John, a big tall smiley Columbian (mind you I'd be as smiley if my career was as a Sommelier!!) who really enjoys sharing his passion for wine. A most interesting guy to chat to if you are into wines.

One question I can't answer is whether they would serve a full bottle of Champagne in the cabin with meals. We never got around to dining in-suite as we were too excited to be out and about around the ship each evening. We'll get around to that next time.

Something I was very (pleasantly) surprised at was how reasonable the premium wines were. I noticed a Taittinger Rosé for $40 if memory serves me correctly. In a restaurant at home (Ireland) this would cost at least €70+ ($90).

Your preferences are also noted for the minibar (this can be done online too) and are replenished each day according to your requests.

I'd highly recommend the Frozen Margharitas to anyone!!!!!

On a similar note I enjoyed the all inclusive idea. It was one of the reasons we chose Regent (it was our first cruise). No signing, no stress about tipping etiquette and plenty of complementary Champagne and Margharitas.

Enjoy!

Thank you everyone! One day we're going to do this, but for now we're booked on HAL's Zuiderdam for Europe.

Between the itineraries, cruise fares, airfares, timing, and crunching all the numbers, for us it was a better deal.

It still sounds so lovely though. One day . . .

I don't drink hard liquor or beer, only wine and prefer still to sparkling. I'm going alone and paying the single supplement (75%), and I may not always feel like leaving my cabin. One bottle of wine won't last me a week. Can you get some with room service? On Silversea, they bring a new bottle every day and every phone call. These type of things are never of any concern whatsoever. The Regent policy sounds not that all-inclusive to me if this much debate is involved.

It's my understanding and hope that you can now get a new bottle of wine delivered to your room whenever you like.

When are you cruising? As people come home from cruises, they perhaps can answer more clearly.

BTW, do get out and about. I think you'll find they have some kind of gathering for singles near the beginning of the cruise, and they will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable by seating you with compatible others, crew members, etc.

:)

I don't drink hard liquor or beer, only wine and prefer still to sparkling. I'm going alone and paying the single supplement (75%), and I may not always feel like leaving my cabin. One bottle of wine won't last me a week. Can you get some with room service? On Silversea, they bring a new bottle every day and every phone call. These type of things are never of any concern whatsoever. The Regent policy sounds not that all-inclusive to me if this much debate is involved.
:) Am on Navigator now and all inclusive is all inclusive. Sure there is an initial set up in your cabin but any and all is replaced as need at any time. On another note, We were aboard Silver Shadow for two weeks in January and Navigator far surpasses them in every department.:cool:

Archived