New Email HAL Survey

prescottbob

Ahoy!

A fairly extensive HAL survey was delivered today via email. Addresses formal nights, dining, smoking, prices, etc. It's dated 08-31-07, 2:25 P.M. Be sure to let your feelings be known if you get one about the various topics covered. Drawing prize you ask? A $500 Amazon gift certificate.

Hope everyone's cruise's are GREAT CRUISES!

Bon Voyage and Good Health!

Bob:)

We have never received one.

We have been invited to the sitdowns with the Hotel manager and Captain at the end of the cruise to answer a lot of questions. They invite several couples from a wide range of passangers....

Ruth & Jim

Ahoy!

Don't know how HAL determines marketing stuff and surveys. We seem to get at least 2 catelogs from various CCL lines (HAL, Windsta mostly) at least monthly plus the Mariner catelogs. I get email specials from HAL frequently and all the surveys I get via email are usually the 'what areas woud you like to cruise in the future' and 'can we send you a brochure?'

This particular survey goes into detail regarding formal nights, AYW dining, smoking, kids programs, entertainment ratings, etc. plus spaces to write your own comments. I'd copy and paste it for ya but the email won't allow me to.

Don't know if somewhere along the line I checked a box on the HAL site (many moons ago) that allowed them to send me notices of sales, or, perhaps my TA put me on their mailing list or if it's just random selection. Don't know. And so it goes...

Ahoy!

I don't know it this will work but the email is now letting me copy and paste. If not I'll need to jot down the link (pretty long).

If so, please click here: Start HAL Mariner Survey

Ahoy!

Well, here's the email:

Thank you for your recent cruise with Holland America Line!

We are always working to enhance our guests' cruise experience. To this end, we are conducting a short (10-15 minute) survey to better understand what you want and enjoy in a cruise. Would you share your views with us?

If so, please click here: Start HAL Mariner Survey

In appreciation of your time, respondents will be entered in a drawing to win a $500 Amazon.com gift card.

Best regards,

Holland America Line

Please note: Your responses will be kept confidential, but this invitation is specifically for you -- please do not forward it. If you do not wish to receive further emails from us, please click opt-out , and you will be automatically removed from our mailing list.

Ahoy!

No one can get to the link nor can one fill out the on-line form(s) / questionare. Posted only for informational purposes only.

How fortunate we all are to crusie.

May yout next cruise be a GREAT CRUISE!

I, too, received this survey today -- it looks like a thoughtful survey designed to do something other than sell me more cruises. It looks like it may actually have been constructed by experts on writing surveys -- I was particularly stunned by the questions about whether I like to be in control (always to never), whether I like to be the center of attention, and what I would pay for a set of bed sheets. These questions certainly got me to thinking.

I did not want to answer how much I would spend for a special dinner out since I do resent the extra cost dining venues aboard ships -- just returned from the Azamara Journey and not only did I not like the anytime dining, they are billing themselves as a deluxe cruise line, but they are charging extra if you eat in two of their four dining venues!

I also get a creepy feeling when I ponder the possible reasons why they asked about the cost of bed sheets (extra fee for clean linens:eek::eek::eek:) -- Oh, I am just letting my mind go negative on me (aren't I?)

We received the survey up here in the "frozen tundra" today. I answered the questions honestly, but couldn't help putting in my 2 cents worth when the spaces opened up. When asked what we would tell our friends about dining on HAl, this was my response:

On Holland America you can still have assigned time and table dining where you can meet new people and cultivate friendships throughout the course of the cruise, rather than "table hopping" with As You Wish Dining. You can enjoy the attention from a set of servers who learn your preferences quickly and help make your dining experience most enjoyable.

When asked another question - can't remember which, I wrote this:

You can also enjoy the experience of "formal" dining where you are seated in the company of others similarly dressed, without the intrusion of baseball caps or hairy appendages at the table.

I wanted to make sure they were aware that some of us want to keep the assigned times and tables in the dining room. Not everyone wants to stand around waiting to get into the dining room or carrying a vibrating stick like you do at some land-based restaurants. :rolleyes:

I'd rather have $500 off another cruise, but if they're going to give me $500 from Amazon as a prize, that's okay, too. I'll let you know if I win!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

Ahoy!

I agree with you concerning the 'touchy, feely questions' (how you rate yourself, snobs aboard, well-educated cruise mates, etc), the costs of sheets (what was that all about?), amount you'd pay for a special dinner per person at home, and willingness to pay 50 bucks for a bottle of vino (these last two I understand), etc. I left most of those blank that were actually unnecessary to rate and filled in the comment section at the end of each category with statements such as "What the hell does that have to do with cruising?". I did note that formal dining vs. AYW dining, formal wear and smoking policies were brought up three times throughout the survey.

Hey, I'm sure they are trying to get 'meaningful' input but several of the questions were somewhat 'off the wall', as it were.

Cruise on...

Hi,

Received mine to day. The question about the cost of bed sheets was different. The price a person puts down doesn't really mean too much, because they don't ask what size bed you have at home. Twin sheets cost a lot less than king.

Geo

Ahoy!

A fairly extensive HAL survey was delivered today via email. Addresses formal nights, dining, smoking, prices, etc. It's dated 08-31-07, 2:25 P.M. Be sure to let your feelings be known if you get one about the various topics covered. Drawing prize you ask? A $500 Amazon gift certificate.

Oh, believe me ... I just got done giving them an earful. :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

I just recieved our's as well. Rita, I am with you, I just gave an earful as well. Just to set the record straight, it was not about the cruise itself or the staff. We loved our cruise and we loved the staff. There were just a few things that happened while we were onboard that we feel need to be

highlighted in the precruise booklet.

I thought that some of the questions were different as well like the sheets question?? I would love to know their true reason for asking??

Linda

Planobob and I were on the same cruise earlier this year and both received the email survey. Maybe they are sending them out by cruise???

We were also on this cruise with you and Bob, but no survey. We have almost 300 cruises with HAL, and I would REALLY like to have received the survey...........Carol

My guess is that by asking how much you usually pay for things, they are trying to determine what standard of quality you expect when cruising. They are not the standard questions you would find on a survey, but I answered them all. I even answered the extra ones at the end. All except the income question. That one I never answer on any survey.

Based on the questions, it looks like they are also trying to get feedback on the issue of formal nights and anytime dining, since that seems to be such a hot topic, particularly on this board!

I wish they had sent me a survey like that after my previous cruise. I would have had several things to tell them!

Archived