Dress Code on Airlines.......

sail7seas

The skirt is really short but I don't see anything wrong with the top at all. Women (and men) where tank tops all the time, and this shows less. It sounds like some really religious male flight attendant that was offended. He sounds like a nerd.

I guess this women doesn't get chilly. Even if its 90 plus degrees outside, I always have more clothes on because I find that the planes can be chilly. I wear a business suit when flying for the day for business and sweats (nice ones like ones you can get at LL Bean or Victoria Secret with a slight flare leg) when its not for business and especially traveling overnight.

During her interview on TV, she said she was humiliated to be removed from the plane. She, ulimately, was allowed to reboard and fly.

Yep, you're correct. My bad.

He asked her to step off of the plane and when they were in the jetway, he told her that her clothing was inappropriate and asked her to change her clothes.

I think it was disgusting that I had to see her crotch on national tv. She should be ashamed of herself. I thank god everyday that I didn't have a daughter, because there is no way she would be dressing like a s***. How about some self respect!!! There used to be a thing called indecent exposure. Now all anyone says is "thats what all the girls are wearing", so I guess that makes it right. And her mother thought it was alright, maybe when she gets home and sees her daughter flashing millions of people she will think different. I don't think she should have been kicked off the plane because they would have to kick alot of people off if that was the case. Why women want to degrade themselves by wearing clothes like that or working at Hooters is beyond me.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel?

I saw the segment on Today also. The "flash" if you will, was when she sat down after standing to show her entire outfit. It was brief and I'm sure the camera angle had alot to do with it. Up until that point I couldn't see what the big problem was. (Although that was one mighty short skirt!!) Just a guess here, but if she had to bend over even a little, I'm sure anyone looking might have gotten a glimpse of her undies. Maybe that prompted the complaint by another passenger? Who knows.

"Why women want to degrade themselves by wearing clothes like that or working at Hooters is beyond me."

Ok now.. you can criticize HAL all day on these boards and I'm ok with that.. BUT you start in on Hooters and we're gonna have a problem. *laffin*

I saw the flash, too, while watching the clip from the segment that's on MSNBC.com. And when she stood up before the flash, she had to tug that four-inch skirt down because there wasn't enough for gravity to get a hold of and pull down.

The part I thought was funny is how she was upset that everyone was looking at her when she returned to her seat. Please. Someone who dresses like that is begging to be looked at. :rolleyes:

So would she be allowed in the Pinnacle Grill?

Absolutely not!!!

The only appropriate place for her have dinner in that outfit would be my...Uh I mean her cabin *LOL*

Seriuosly. That outfit is not offensive at all. I have certainly seen worse out there.

[quote name='Jade13']The skirt is really short but I don't see anything wrong with the top at all. Women (and men) where tank tops all the time, and this shows less. It sounds like some really religious male flight attendant that was offended. [COLOR=red][B][U]He sounds like a nerd[/U][/B][/COLOR].

I guess this women doesn't get chilly. Even if its 90 plus degrees outside, I always have more clothes on because I find that the planes can be chilly. I wear a business suit when flying for the day for business and sweats (nice ones like ones you can get at LL Bean or Victoria Secret with a slight flare leg) when its not for business and especially traveling overnight.[/quote]

Easy now, us nerds like to look at girls.:D

Virgil

[quote name='borntocruz']I saw the segment on Today also. The "flash" if you will, was when she sat down after standing to show her entire outfit. It was brief and I'm sure the camera angle had alot to do with it. Up until that point I couldn't see what the big problem was. (Although that was one mighty short skirt!!) Just a guess here, but if she had to bend over even a little, I'm sure anyone looking might have gotten a glimpse of her undies. Maybe that prompted the complaint by another passenger? Who knows.[/quote]

Perhaps she wasn't wearing undies?? :o

[quote name='sail7seas'][B]I think she looks fine, also. Apparently one passenger objected to her attire and the flight crew had her removed. She ultimately was allowed back aboard the aircraft.

Don't these people go to beaches, pool, lakes? All the young 'uns in their bikinis? They look great IMO..... with the cute shapes, why not while they're young?!! :D Maybe it's an 'over the hill' flight attendant who wishes she could still wear the mini? :D

[/B][/QUOTE]
I can't help but think we're not getting the whole story here. There is no way that woman would have been bounced off a flight with that outfit. There must have been something missing ... like the under-top. Or, maybe she was behaving offensively while wearing it. I don't know. But I can't imagine the flight crew (i.e., the captain) would have permitted the flight attendant to bounce her if there were not more going on than we are being told here.

True, the flight attendant could have been an "old crow" who maybe was jealous of how good this woman looked ... but the decision to bounce her from the flight would not have been one that flight attendant could have made on her own. Someone else ... someone in authority ... would have had to sanction it.

Blue skies ...

--rita

[quote name='kryos']True, the flight attendant could have been an "old crow" who maybe was jealous of how good this woman looked ... but the decision to bounce her from the flight would not have been one that flight attendant could have made on [B][SIZE=3]her [/SIZE][/B]own. Blue skies ...--rita[/quote]

[SIZE=3][B]His [/B][/SIZE][SIZE=2]own...the flight attendant's name is Keith. ;) [/SIZE]

Wow! How did I miss this amazing story?? I can't believe I made it through the day without hearing or seeing it!

I'm sure the next we'll hear is her lawsuit against SWA.

Like others have said, I bet there's more that meets the eye here. I mean, less that meets the eye...

Back when I was her age, if you flew on a plane and were a female, you wore a dressy dress. I always hated flying because Mom made me wear a dress, ankle socks, uncomfortable shoes, and a scarf. Sometimes a hat. Ugh.

Shay

Archived