Freebies!

bella1979

I haven't read all the posts about 'freebies' on this thread.

Did anyone mention the fluffy sets of towels in the cabin bathroom :o .......or......the nice matching metal tray, ice bucket and water pitcher in the cabin? The only problem is they make you go to the pool deck and the gym to complete the towel set. :eek:

Les

It's a freebie as long as it basically holds its own. Otherwise we could end up losing!!!:) But this is one of my favorites

Also, I love my Celebrity Amex card. I end up with lots of credits with that, too, and it doesn't cost a penny.

But most of all, the freebie I appreciate most is the terrific smile and "good morning" from an officer when I get off the elevator to get some breakfast.

And a friendly smile when I'm welcomed back to the ship with a icy washcloth. You could say this isn't really "free", but I don't pay for smiles .. they're thoughtfully given.

So I'm a little like drfun .... the freebie is the peace of mind and joy I receive from a Celebrity cruise. Worth its weight in gold:)

I think if everyone felt that way life would be a smooth sail!:cool:

Valerie

Thanks for the tip. I phoned my broker today and bought 100 shares at 36.44 which is near a recent low. My broker and *Morningstar* has a current buy rating on RCL. We are on the 9/28, 14 day Summitt to Hawaii, so we should get a $250 OBC. Can anyone tell me what, if any, restrictions apply to using the on board credits

Please can you tell me more about this stock. Why is it low now? What are the ricks? New to this. Is there a min.?

Thanks

Val

Please can you tell me more about this stock. Why is it low now? What are the ricks? New to this. Is there a min.?

Thanks

Val

You should consult your own financial adviser as to the appropriateness of this stock for your individual situation. As with any stock there are risks . The major risks that I worry about is if there is another problem in the US like 9/11/01 all stocks and the travel and leisure sector in particular would be hurt. There is a 100 share minimum to qualify for this investor benefit.

From my point of view an immediate return of $250 on a $3,700 investment is over 6% and the more we travel on NCCL and Celebrity the more we will benefit.

I won a pair of tanzanite/gold earrings from a drawing onboard the Galaxy in 2005. I also received $600.00 in future cruise certificates from the Connie that we applied to a cruise to Bermuda in 2004; and lets not forget the really nice and roomy imitation leather fold-up tote bags as well as the boxes of delicious Cova Chocolates.

After submitting the appropriate stock ownership documents etc, how does one confirm that the appropriate On Board Credits have been issued?

They should send you an email if you request that. I usually get confirmation in less that 48 HRS.

Once you receive the OBC, doesn't this just come off you final stateroom invoice or do you physically need to apply it to something?

Some people don't spend the entire credit and they'll be forced to accept cash when settling their bill..

After submitting the appropriate stock ownership documents etc, how does one confirm that the appropriate On Board Credits have been issued?

When I email it I always ask them to confirm with me when they credit our account. If I FAX it I never get any confirmation, though in 7 years they have never screwed it up either.

I submitted 2 requests about 1 month ago and they confirmed via Email within 48 hours.

Paul

When I email it I always ask them to confirm with me when they credit our account. If I FAX it I never get any confirmation, though in 7 years they have never screwed it up either.

I submitted 2 requests about 1 month ago and they confirmed via Email within 48 hours.

Paul

Paul;

You are absolutely correct. I faxed my doc last week and never heard a thing. Yesterday I sent an email asking for the confirmation and today they confirmed. Also, yesterday my Bro in Law emailed his docs .pdf and today automatically got an email confirmation.

• 3 weeks later...
GRBlizz, if your planning on buying RCCL stock, you may not want to wait much longer. It's near the 52 week low. The winter season is when this stock normally goes up. Just a heads up.

Rollie

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but Rollie, I just wanted to give you a great big cyberhug for encouraging me to get in quickly!! I am already enough ahead (on paper, of course) to pay for our 2-day "test cruise" on Azamara.

If we're ever on a cruise together, remind me to buy you a drink or two! Thanks!

The most important thing Celebrity has ever given me is:

Celebrity Summit is the first cruise we ever went on, my DH did NOT want to go - I practically had to hog tie him to get him on the ship - no joke! WELL - by the time we went to bed that night - HE LOVED IT!!! Since then we have sailed Celebrity again, plus other cruise lines, he has enjoyed all of our cruises but still says there is NOTHING like a Celebrity Cruise. SO I have Celebrity to thank that I have a DH that loves cruising as much as I do!

PLUS we have received: bathrobes, stateroom upgrades, $400 OBC, wine, champagne (good stuff) and many, many fabulous memories & many, many more to come, starting 11/26/07.:D :D

Nobody mentioned the free tote bags everyone gets. Are they different in the CC rooms or are they all the blue ones? they are really strong even though they don't look it!

We won really nice pens and a leather address book at trivia :-)

Archived