Photos from Maasdam Boston to Montreal cruise

yorkie99

We've been back from our first cruise for almost a week - I didn't want to come home :( We sailed on the Maasdam - the crew was very friendly and helpful but the verandah suite was a little "worn". We had some fairly rough seas going around Cape Breton Island and I'm surprised it didn't bother me. It was difficult to walk at times due to the ship listing back and forth so much. I had no complaints about the food and I loved their bran muffins. It amazes me how the crew remembers everyone's name and how the bartenders remember exactly what you drink. I am still adding photos to our online album, but feel free to check them out - I should be finished within a few days.

http://picasaweb.google.com/mark.n.sharon/NewEnglandCanadaCruise090107090807

I can't wait until our next cruise - I'm hooked! :D

Thanks for your posting. Happy you enjoyed you cruise. As KK said, we were so fortunate to have really calm seas beautiful weather on our b-to-b's. We had something like rain 2 days out of 14 and heavy fog in Bar Harbar in the morning. Other than that, glorious weather.

We're grateful!

It looks like you thoroughly enjoyed your stay in Halifax. I particularly enjoyed your pictures of the Public Gardens. It really is one of the most beautiful things about our fair city. It was a long road back from what it looked like after Hurricane Juan back in '03 (http://www.pbase.com/chris_green/hurricane_juan) but she looks better than ever now, after a lot of hard work (and $$$$$$).

It's too bad you didn't feel up to the trip to the Bras d'Or Lakes, as it is a wonderfully beautiful place (as most of Cape Breton is).

Thanks again for the pictures!

We've been back from our first cruise for almost a week - I didn't want to come home :( We sailed on the Maasdam - the crew was very friendly and helpful but the verandah suite was a little "worn". We had some fairly rough seas going around Cape Breton Island and I'm surprised it didn't bother me. It was difficult to walk at times due to the ship listing back and forth so much. I had no complaints about the food and I loved their bran muffins. It amazes me how the crew remembers everyone's name and how the bartenders remember exactly what you drink. I am still adding photos to our online album, but feel free to check them out - I should be finished within a few days.

Beautiful photos, yorkie! Thank you!;)

Welcome home! Your pictures were wonderful! We also had Amir as our room steward when we cruised on the Maasdam this past Aug.. He was wonderful, I wish that we would have caught a picture with him, he was one very busy room steward!:D

I noticed that you are from Ohio.....getting things ready for the big game which will be on in a few minutes. I hope that they do well. GO BUCKS!!

Linda

DH and I too had Amir on our 35 day Voyage of the Vikings from July 7 to Aug. 11. We were in verandah suite 124. He was a treasure and I have thought of him, and all the other Indonesian workers since the big earthquake and pray none of their families were harmed. Just before we left the ship he showed us a picture of his wife and small daughter, telling us he wouldn't see them before November.

Sharon, I have just spent the most wonderful time watching a slideshow of your pictures. I love the new Picasa format!

Your pictures are just beautiful! It gave me such a feel for that part of your cruise. I'll have to watch for more of your trip! I hope you post when you've put more up.

The Public Garden photos were particularly enjoyable. Thanks so much for sharing them with us and for taking the time with all the captions.

We do this cruise next year on Celebrity!:)

Thanks for your posting. Happy you enjoyed you cruise. As KK said, we were so fortunate to have really calm seas beautiful weather on our b-to-b's. We had something like rain 2 days out of 14 and heavy fog in Bar Harbar in the morning. Other than that, glorious weather.

We're grateful!

I noticed next year that HAL is only doing one roundtrip from Boston (in August), the others are to/from Montreal (which could be a btb 14 day).

Any idea why they seem to be getting rid of this itinerary? I still think they should do some more creative 10 day or so cruises from Boston to Greenland etc. (Well, Greenland may have to be a one way, Iceland definately), but why are they getting rid of the Boston roundtrips?

Great photos - the Yum Yum man is the same one we had on the Maasdam in February. He was a doll, always had a great big smile for us and remembered our preferences for after-dinner sweets after the second night in the dining room. Amazing? No, just another wonderful member of the HAL staff.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

DH and I too had Amir on our 35 day Voyage of the Vikings from July 7 to Aug. 11. We were in verandah suite 124. He was a treasure and I have thought of him, and all the other Indonesian workers since the big earthquake and pray none of their families were harmed. Just before we left the ship he showed us a picture of his wife and small daughter, telling us he wouldn't see them before November.

JYGresham - we were also in suite 124. Amir was great, I remember him saying he still had a few more months to go before he could go home for a short time.

Glad everyone enjoyed the photos. I would love to take this cruise again sometime because there was so much to see but limitied time. Canada will have to wait, though, because I'm wanting to see Alaska next. I'm hoping DH will agree to summer of 2008, but I think he wants to wait until 2009. I don't think I can wait that long!

link to our photo album and videos:

http://picasaweb.google.com/mark.n.sharon

Archived