Nachi Cocom..on your own recently?

maja

Just back from 5 day on Carnival Ecstasy. Was at NC on 11/13. We disembarked the ship and were in a van (6 people) on our way by 9:15 am. The taxi van was $30 each way. We arrived around 9:30. We were promptly greeted, given sombreros and posed for our picture ($10 each...we bought 3...1 per couple). At this time of morning we grabbed 2 of the last remaining umbrellas. We settled in when we were approached by Jose letting us know we were allowed unlimited drinks/food during our stay. He also mentioned the other activities - massages, snorkling, parasailing, banana boat, etc. We already had snorkeling reserved for our 3 guys, but we inquired on the price of parasailing. WARNING - reserve online through island marketing before your arrival. Online the cost was $50/single & $95/tandem. We were quoted $60/single & $120/tandem that day. We opted not to parasail. The guys said the snorkling was great...well worth the $38/person. I got the massage on the beach. OMG...THIS WAS A SLICE OF HEAVEN! We also rode the banana boat...all 6 at one time...$15/person. The drinks were great...HIGHLY RECOMMEND RUM PUNCH! The food was awesome...THE GUACAMOLE was awesome. Other food we were served was fajitas/cheese sticks (I was told these were great, too/shrimp cocktail/quesadillas...IT WAS ALL GOOD. One couple in our party said this was much better than passion island, except the beach in passion island was prettier, but the service at NC could not be beat! If you are going anytime soon say HI TO JOSE! He worked his tail off for us.

This is the 1st time I've heard about mosquitos at NC. We're getting married there in March 09 and I'm just imagining me in my wedding dress swapping masquitos. Has anyone been there in March and if so are they a big problem?!:confused:

We were there last March and there were NO mosquitos at all. Don't worry.

We were there 11/5/08 Legend - I wouldnt go anywhere else. There was maybe 25 people there MAX. The pool is clean, the hot tub is not too hot and the water at the beach is clean and refreshing. The Pina Colada's flowed like water and the Guac is heavenly. DH and I parasailed. The colors are like heaven and I believe NC is a piece of it. If you like people, Paradise is for you.

I will say that because NC is sandy, there is really not much to snorkel and see. Its mostly swimming floating water. Little surf.

I can't wait for next June! DH, myself and another couple received our confirmation for Nachi. DH & I are going to snorkeling while our friends parasail. A couple of us has a massage scheduled. I'm really looking foward to that directly on the beach...ahhhhhhh. I hope it won't be too crowded when we visit.

• 1 month later...

What website do you go to to book the Cozumel Beach Break-Nachi Cocum?

Yes, food and drink included. Here is the info from the email we got from them...

Greetings from Cozumel Cruise Excursions,

Thank you for your interest in our Cozumel Beach Break Excursion at Nachi Cocom. We currently show availability for the date you have requested. This is the perfect way to spend your day in Cozumel, enjoying all the wonderful amenities of this tropical paradise.

So many cruise passengers just want to get away from the throngs of people, and relax on a sandy white beach with crystal clear water. In short, just looking to spend some time in their own little slice of paradise. Our beach club will give you that and more.

Your Beach Break is located along a stretch of Cozumel's most beautiful beach and is open daily from 9am-5pm. The club has the nicest beach in Cozumel by far! The facilities include a spectacular beach, beautiful swimming pool with swim up bar, a spacious Jacuzzi, a beautiful palapa restaurant, comfortable beach chairs, palapas for shade on the beach, bathrooms and outdoor showers. Jet Skis rentals can be arranged directly from our water sports department upon your arrival. (approx $60usd/1/2 hour) Along with parasailing at $55usd/ flyer. This can be arranged upon your arrival. Snorkel gear, kayaks,floats are also available from the watersports shop for rental.

Upon your arrival you will be given a warm welcome, information regarding the facilities, and preferential seating on the beach! All Island Marketing clients are guaranteed beach lounge chairs:) Take a nice long walk, bask in the sun, swim, snorkel, or just kick back and relax.

Your All Inclusive Beach Break Package includes an open bar with unlimited domestic drinks that include: Pina Coladas, Rum Punch, Margaritas, Sex on the Beach, Daiquiris, Beer, Soda's, Juices, Bottled Water, and other tasty concoctions. International brands such as Jack Daniels and many others are also available with this exclusive package. Soft drinks in glass (Jet Spray) Coke, Fanta, Sprite and Purified Bottled Water are also available.

Your lunch is a tasty 3 course meal served A La Carte and at your liesure during your day at the beach.

To make this truly a special experience for those looking to enjoy some privacy and seclusion at our beach club, admission is limited to approx. 100 guest daily.

This exlcusive beach break package is specially priced at $49.00usd /adult, $29.00 usd for kids 12yrs -17yrs, $12usd for children 4-11yrs. Children 3 and under are free. Note to parents: the drinking age in Mexico is 18 years and is strictly enforced.

Our Cozumel Beach Break at Nachi Cocom cannot be booked from your ship and is booked online and in advance through our reservations system.

Our special beach break allows you to get away from the long lines, packed buses and over crowded beaches associated with Cruise Ship organized beach clubs excursions.

The club is located approximately 10 miles from your cruise ship pier and is a short 15 minute taxi ride. Due to port regulations and agreements with taxi unions we cannot provide transportation for you. You can easily arrange a taxi from your terminal for under $15 for up to 4 people. Vans can be arranged for larger groups. This is very safe and simple to arrange from your cruise port, and there will be a line of cabs waiting to bring you back to your ship when you are ready to leave. There is absolutely no risk whatsoever of missing your ship.

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know if you can use this facility without purchasing an all inclusive package? If we just wanted to rent a chair, and puchase drinks as we go?

I'm pretty sure you can't do this. It is sold as a package deal. I've not seen the option to just rent a chair and pay as you go. You can ask them questions on their website so perhaps if you send an inquiry they can tell you for sure.

Good luck! :)

Does anyone know if you can use this facility without purchasing an all inclusive package? If we just wanted to rent a chair, and puchase drinks as we go?

they used to do this, especially for ship crewmembers. most people found the costs added up to where they were paying the same as the all inclusive price, plus they didn't get the shaded loungers. last i heard all the reservations go through the link posted and they only do the all inclusive price.

Do you need the reservation, or can you take the chance on availability? We will probably want to snorkel first - then relax at a beach - so not knowing the timing of things, I don't want to make a reservation - in case there isn't enough time for an all inclusive to make sense.

Thank you!

We(group of friends) booked NC for Feb7th and after reading the posts,I am even more excited to go..........hope its warm

Even if it's not warm, it's still a great place to go. I was there last week and was kicking myself for booking it because I was mad about spending the money to spend the day on the beach when it was cool (for me, 73 degrees) and very, very windy.

Even though I never got in the water or took off the clothes that were over my swimsuit, I had a great time. The wait staff was wonderful, the food and drinks were terrific, and I just loved sitting in my lounge chair, eating, drinking, reading, and listening to the waves. It was PURE relaxation.

The hot tub was not hot so I didn't step foot in any water except for a walk along the beach in the surf, but it was still worth it.

Enjoy it regardless of the weather, and I will be dreaming of their salsa. Mmmmmm. :D

• 9 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading reviews of Nachi-Cocom for the past couple hours (I like knowing what I'm paying for!) and the reviews seem incredible! I am so excited to visit here when I go on my Carnival cruise in December! I do have a couple question though that I would greatly appreciate answers to...

How much is a good amount to tip the waitstaff? and when is an appropriate time to tip? Do I have the same waiter serving my food and drinks while I am on the beach? Should I tip him/her every time they bring me something or should I wait until the end and leave them one tip? I don't want to think I'm cheap if they are constantly bringing my food/drinks without receiving a tip (of course I would leave a large tip at the end of the day!)

I'm just confused and would really love some input! Any opinions would be great! Thanks so much!!!!

Jhard310,

I havn't been yet but we are booked for 11/21 and from everything I have read most people tip about $20 at the end of the day. I do believe you keep the same waiter the whole time. There are 3 of us going but one is a kid so I will probably tip $10 for each adult (because of the drinks) and $5 for the kid. I am not sure what the logic is in tipping upfront. It isn't like you are trying to say "if you give good service, there is more where that came from" unless that is really what you plan on doing. It is really up to you. I would rather tip someone after the service to say "good job".

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading reviews of Nachi-Cocom for the past couple hours (I like knowing what I'm paying for!) and the reviews seem incredible! I am so excited to visit here when I go on my Carnival cruise in December! I do have a couple question though that I would greatly appreciate answers to...

How much is a good amount to tip the waitstaff? and when is an appropriate time to tip? Do I have the same waiter serving my food and drinks while I am on the beach? Should I tip him/her every time they bring me something or should I wait until the end and leave them one tip? I don't want to think I'm cheap if they are constantly bringing my food/drinks without receiving a tip (of course I would leave a large tip at the end of the day!)

I'm just confused and would really love some input! Any opinions would be great! Thanks so much!!!!

We tipped at the end of the day - $20 for two people. You'll have the same waiter the whole day.

Have a great time.

Hi Everyone,

Good questions!

I, like you, am a research junkie :D

But, I'm embarassed to admit that I didn't think about tips. I guess it would have occured to me THERE, but I'd rather be prepared beforehand. THANKS.

Anyone think November would be too cold to snorkel? What about parasailing - was it worth the price? I'm thinking about the massage, but don't know how much (though the person that said it was 'Heavenly' is making me awfully tempted!!)

-Sarah ;)

That sounds about right ($20). Just pay it at the end of the day when you're leaving. The servers are used to that. Enjoy!! You'll have a wonderful time.

Soooo, is that $20 each or for two or more? I also tipped the bartender separately. I think I only tipped $5 each though. We were a group of 11 and all tipped seperately. We're going again next year so I want to know what we should do!

Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions so quickly, I really appreciate it! So my boyfriend and I will leave the server a $20 tip (for the both of us) at the end of the day! Sounds good! And from reading the reviews, it seems like all of the servers are great so I am sure we will have no problems at all! I will be sure to post here after our cruise on Dec. 14th...I can't wait! Hopefully the weather is good!

Archived