Nachi Cocom..on your own recently?

maja

Can you just take a taxi there? Do you have to do the inclusive or can you just pay to get in? We don't drink and $50 is alot for soda. Thanks for info

We didn't drink, either, but we all felt it was very much worth the money. Just being on that private, beautiful beach was worth it to me. We also enjoyed non-alcoholic pina coladas and daiquiris. The food portions are huge and delicious. When we saw some of the other places which were much more crowded or even in sight of the ship, we were so thankful that we had chosen Nachi.

It is lovely to read the good reports of NC. I have booked it for a day in November and I hope to get the massage as well so I am pleased to know the prices in advance.

Please, what is a Mamasita drink?

Here's one recipe. I expect yo0u can find others. You can also put it in a blender with ice for a frozen drink.

Ingredients : - 1 1/2 oz coconut rum (malibu) - 1/2 oz passoa liqueur - 1/2 oz orange liqueur (cointreau, grand marnier...) - 1/2 oz guava syrup - 1 maraschino cherry - 1 pineapple chunk

Use a "Shaker" for Mamacita drink recipe Pour malibu rum, passoa and cointreau into an ice-filled hurricane glass. Fill with guava syrup and shake well. Garnish with a maraschino cherry and pineapple chunk.

Serve in "Hurricane Glass " Garnish: No

Ingredients: coconut rum (malibu). passoa liqueur. orange liqueur (cointreau, grand marnier...). guava syrup. maraschino cherry. pineapple chunk.

I am almost 100 percent CERTAIN that no matter what your drinking intentions are, you have to pay the same price. My mom only had one Pina Colada as well, so I definitely would have done this if it was an option. I think I have heard from others that there is only one price.

The OP makes me wish I was at Nachi Cocom RIGHT NOW! I've been twice and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it. :) I always go to Nachi thread to say how much I love it there and I will go back again and again!

We had the same waiter! Did you also have Lawrence? When we were on in Aug. he was working under Lawernce. We were in the Windstar. It's so cool to see someone you reconize.

Sailed on Enchantment of the Seas last month & was sooo looking forward to Nachi...well...Cozumel port was cancelled due to Hurricane Gustav :( Sooo, sailing on Independence of the Seas in November and hopefully we'll make Cozumel this time :cool: Nachi was my 1st excursion booked!!! I can hardly wait! :D

We were there in June-PARADISE. You do not have to book ahead of time. We had a large group of 16 and we all bokked ahead. However while we were on the ship, we made some friends and told them where we were going, so they took a taxi to Nachi and got in. There were about 8 in that group. This is not advertised however. I emailed the owner before we left to inquire and was told we had to book ahead. So we did. We will be back in Feb. and this time I will just show up!

Is there any snorkeling available? My husband would like to snorkel but I want a beach day. This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. I've checked out a couple of the other beach resorts and they sound like way too much activity. I'm looking for some peace and pampering. If he could snorkel that would be wonderful!

they don't care which way you order the food, as long as you stick to the idea of it. the size of the servings is so big, one appitizer was more then enough for the 2 of us.

there is snorkeling, but it's a boat tour that leaves from the NC's docks...i don't know the price. if you don't mind being at the beach, alone, your DH could take that boat trip? i saw the boat come back and you could see the "other half" come and greet the one that went. my DH did the massage, he was gone for over an hour (massage and NAP)..i had a great time by myself.

they don't care which way you order the food, as long as you stick to the idea of it. the size of the servings is so big, one appitizer was more then enough for the 2 of us.

there is snorkeling, but it's a boat tour that leaves from the NC's docks...i don't know the price. if you don't mind being at the beach, alone, your DH could take that boat trip? i saw the boat come back and you could see the "other half" come and greet the one that went. my DH did the massage, he was gone for over an hour (massage and NAP)..i had a great time by myself.

I could not get their email link on the website to work. Does anyone know the actual email so I can ask a few questions? Thanks.

Or perhaps someone here can answer my questions...

How far from the port and approximately how much would the taxi fare be? (Royal Caribbean)

How much is the entrance fee and would this include chairs? Or anything else included? Just double checking but I think its $50/person and this includes a meal, drinks and chairs. Correct? How about towels?

Is there snorkeling? Either from the beach or a boat tour? My husband would like to snorkel for an hour or so by boat but I would rather be on the beach. Would this need to be reserved and how long is the boat gone?

Thanks.

We just booked the 49.00 deal and had to email first to check availability. They only take 100 guests per day. We usually go to Paradise Beach but have heard great things about this place.

Where did you reserve it? I don't see a spot on their website. And I can't get their email link to work.

I think nachi was about 15 minutes from the port. we paid $15 each way for 4 of us. All food and drinks are included, as well as chairs. You need to bring your own towels and tip for your waiter is not included.

the beach doesn't have good snorkeling..it's sandy, the fish like reefs and plant life. they have a small dock...from there you can get boat snorkeling trips (gone over an hour...there's a man there that gets the tours together, then comes gets you when the boat gets in), also, parasailing.

don't know the prices, since we didn't do either.

the regular nachi website is great for checking the menus and looking at the photos..yes, it does look just like that.

here's the link for reservations...the form is WWWWAAAYYY down the right side...:D

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

For those who have been to Nachi, do they have floats or mats to use in the water? I bought a couple on the clearance rack at Walmart for $0.50 that I can take and just leave. But, if I don't have to blow them up I would just as soon use something they have there. Ya....me lazy!! LOL

For those who have been to Nachi, do they have floats or mats to use in the water? I bought a couple on the clearance rack at Walmart for $0.50 that I can take and just leave. But, if I don't have to blow them up I would just as soon use something they have there. Ya....me lazy!! LOL

I don't recall seeing any, but honestly wasn't really looking. I plunked myself down on a lounger, the drinks started pouring forth, the food was next, in between some playing in the water (sea water and the pool) and before you know it, our day was done. Sure wish we had longer there; only had 1/2 a day.

So I say go ahead and bring them. They will be all folded up and will slip into a beach bag and won't be too much of a bother even if you wind up not using them. That way if they don't have them, you'll have yours!

Are there lockers available to put my belongings? I want to take my camera, but don't want to just leave it sitting in my bag on the beach. I will also be doing the snorkaling tour and don't want to take everyting with me.

there are no water toys, some kids could be bored. the swimming pool is nice...but the lay-out is more adult.

no lockers...i didn't take the good camera, more worried about the sand..then theft. the waiters watched over our stuff if we left our chairs.

to see more of the beach/resort and see the menus, check out:

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/

to make reservations or ask questions, go to:

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

We're going to Nachi 10/28 so its always great to read such good reviews!

I actually gave my 14yr old DS the choice between quiet & relaxing Nachi cocum or busy Paradise beach...He chose Nachi saying he wants to spend quality time with us all(As a teenager, that rarely happens!)

We also have a 3 yr old DS who'll love the pool and my parents(late 70's!)who are happy to just relax.

So I feel Nachi will have something for us all. DH will go off on the boat to snorkal I'm sure & Me?....Bring on those cocktails!;)

So everyone will be happy!

We're going to Nachi 10/28 so its always great to read such good reviews!

I actually gave my 14yr old DS the choice between quiet & relaxing Nachi cocum or busy Paradise beach...He chose Nachi saying he wants to spend quality time with us all(As a teenager, that rarely happens!)

We also have a 3 yr old DS who'll love the pool and my parents(late 70's!)who are happy to just relax.

So I feel Nachi will have something for us all. DH will go off on the boat to snorkal I'm sure & Me?....Bring on those cocktails!;)

So everyone will be happy![/quote

Would you do me a big favor and see if they have steps into the pool, I am a little handicapped and would love to know the answser to that question! Thank you and have a GREAT cruise! Nancie:cool:

Archived