Nachi Cocom..on your own recently?

maja

My daughter and I would like to go snorkeling while in Cozumel. We have reserved the Nachi Cocom beach excursion. Does anyone know if you can snorkel there? If so is it any good?:confused:

While I have not been there yet, from what I have read on these boards the snorkling from the beach is not that great - but I believe they offer a snorkling excursion that is supposed to be a little better. Can anyone confirm this?

I apologize if this question has been answered before, but has anyone gone to Nachi WITHOUT booking reservations in advance?

My problem is that I'm not sure what mood I (and my wife) will be in on the day we arrive in Cozumel. Paradise Beach sounds great in some ways, and Nachi sounds great in others. But they're two totally different types of beaches. I'd like the freedom to decide last-minute if possible.

Yes, there is a snorkel excursion available to nearby reefs. They come around and ask if you would like to go. It's about 2 1/2 hours long and it visits 2 reefs. I saw another posting that a couple with 2 kids were approached and the cost was 35 for each of the adults and the kids were free. I'm sure you could negotiate a discount of 15-20 bucks for your daughter.

Besides the snorkel option, there is parasailing for 55, jet skis for 60 and massage for 29 & 55.

I apologize if this question has been answered before, but has anyone gone to Nachi WITHOUT booking reservations in advance?

My problem is that I'm not sure what mood I (and my wife) will be in on the day we arrive in Cozumel. Paradise Beach sounds great in some ways, and Nachi sounds great in others. But they're two totally different types of beaches. I'd like the freedom to decide last-minute if possible.

Don't hold me to this as I haven't researched the answer (or even read all 7 pages of this thread), but I'm pretty sure that you need to make an advanced reservation over the internet to go to Nachi Cocom. In fact, I'm about to book it for next Saturday and I received an email response this morning which read, in part:

Our Cozumel Beach Break at Nachi Cocom cannot be booked from your ship and is booked online and in advance through our reservations system. . . . Due to this excursion's popularity, and to ensure your preferential seating (which is limited) please be sure to reserve your space on this excursion ASAP.

• 4 weeks later...
We have also booked Nachi Cocom for our day in Cozumel! chicolemiss (or anyone else!) would you mind sharing your pics with us? I've seen a couple from folks, but would love to see more :)

Krystle - We're also going to Nachi Cocom on the 14th. I'm not reserving though in case the weather turns bad. If you're looking to share a taxi out, let me know.

Hey everyone

We just got back on Saturday and absolutely loved Nachi cocum. If you have any questions I will be glad to answer. I have lots of pics I just have to figure out how to post them.

Sarah

Sarah - did you see people there getting in without a reservation? How many people there? How was the weather?

Sarah - did you see people there getting in without a reservation? How many people there? How was the weather?

When you get there you are given a wristband so they know you are all inclusive. There was one couple there when we arrived, and they were not wearing a wristband. Then we saw two other couples come in and they also did not get one. So I believe you don't have to have a reservation. But I would recommend you tell your cab driver that you do because they will ask you.

Like I said, when we got there, only one couple was there. Another couple had pulled up on a boat only long enough to eat. After about an hour, the first couple had left and we were the only ones there for the rest of the day. When we decided to leave, here came the last couple to eat. We got lucky and only had two ships in that day.

The weather was perfect for us. The water was chilly at first, but once you got in and stayed in, it was great. It was crystal clear and there were such perfect spots for swimming, it was unbelievable! We brought the biggest sea shells home for our girls. They thought they were store bought!

alright!!! did my reservation through the link you gave me (thanx). i did have that website at one time, but didn't know what others used. have looked at their menu at

http://www.cozumelnachicocom.net/

you have to follow the links, go to "restaurants and bars" then click on the little menu at the bottom. we like that there is a pool and a beach. DH wants the beach massage and maybe a waverunner rental. i will be happy with sun/surf and food. with 2 long days of excursions before this, we will be ready.

ok I am confused by the menu

WHICH menu do you get? obviously you don't get the lobster tail menu,,,,,,,,

& how many items do you get to order? someone mentioned guacamole & nachos? & cheese fingers? do you get each of those, one? what about lunch?

also,

another question about no reservations. someone did mention they asked at the 1st part of their back to back if they needed a reservation for the following week, & was told no.

figures they would readily accept walk-ins since they don't seem to have that many people there ( how do they keep the food fresh & plan ahead????)

anyway,, I wonder IF , since the marketing group takes their $12,, does Nachi stil charge the total $49?? because when you do have the reservations all they take from you is the $37 balance.

Having read much about Nachi on these boards and looking forward to our visit next month, it seems that you reserve and pay Island Marketing 12 pp via credit card and then pay the remaining 37 pp via cash when you arrive.

With regards to their menu, I believe you receive one appetizer, one entree and one dessert per person and they can be eaten all at once or spread out during your stay. And of course the open bar with bottled beer and international liquor, not domestic draft and bar brand like some other AI's.

• 5 weeks later...

does anyone know what the cost for children is??? Also, seeing there doesnt seem to be that many people there at one time - would it be safe to just purchase your AI ticket on the day of, in case the worst case scenerio happens and the weather is bad? I am sure they dont offer refunds if the weather isnt good.

does anyone know what the cost for children is??? Also, seeing there doesnt seem to be that many people there at one time - would it be safe to just purchase your AI ticket on the day of, in case the worst case scenerio happens and the weather is bad? I am sure they dont offer refunds if the weather isnt good.

$49 usd/ Adult $29 usd/ Kids 12-17yrs

$12 usd/ Kids 411yrs Kids 3 and under free

It needs to be pre booked. Your only risk is $12 per person. :)

$49 usd/ Adult $29 usd/ Kids 12-17yrs

$12 usd/ Kids 411yrs Kids 3 and under free

It needs to be pre booked. Your only risk is $12 per person. :)

Thanks for the information! Do you highly recommend Nachi beach? Each time we have been to Cozumel we visit Paradise Beach & this time we were looking for something different. Are the drinks unlimited??? I understand the food is not correct? Thanks for all of your help.

Thanks for the information! Do you highly recommend Nachi beach? Each time we have been to Cozumel we visit Paradise Beach & this time we were looking for something different. Are the drinks unlimited??? I understand the food is not correct? Thanks for all of your help.

Its a very nice beach, if you like not being around others. There is not alot for children to do other than swim in the ocean or the pool. Drinks are unlimited, and some say if you ask for seconds of food you get it.

I was on the Valor, Dec 9 cruise and had planned to go there without a reservation. Glad I made that decision. Only bad day of weather was there. All water activities were cancelled at Cozumel. We ended up doing something else that day. Maybe the next time around we'll make it there.

So I think my plan is to book via the internet, but while on the ship, the day before. Everyone without fail has said there is never a crowd, so the 100 person capacity must be a marketing ploy. I will investigate the shortest booking time possible. That way, I will know the forecast of the next day, and can decide whether to book at the last minute. This beach looks like an awesome experience, but if it is cloudy or rainy, that would ruin the whole plan.:cool:

So I think my plan is to book via the internet, but while on the ship, the day before. Everyone without fail has said there is never a crowd, so the 100 person capacity must be a marketing ploy. I will investigate the shortest booking time possible. That way, I will know the forecast of the next day, and can decide whether to book at the last minute. This beach looks like an awesome experience, but if it is cloudy or rainy, that would ruin the whole plan.:cool:

There are a couple of down sides to booking on the ship, one some cab drivers ask to see your reservation, and two it may take the marketing company a day or two to confirm your reservation. Weather in coz this time of year is there dry season, however a storm system can come thru at anytime. The 100 person max is the amount that marketing company will book give or take a few. The beach club is owned by a hotel company and their hotel guests are also allowed to enjoy the beach. Recent reports about crowds are not a good gauge as the "high" season just kicked in a few weeks ago, and I remember a few complaints about over booking last year.

Archived