Nachi Cocom..on your own recently?

maja

Just got back from Nachi Cocom. We were there Saturday. I give it 5 stars all the way around! WOW! I can’t say enough nice things about this place. Your surrounding are picture perfect, in fact many people said my pictures looked like post cards. The amenities, the view, the service and the food were all first class! We were off the ship at 8:00 am and did a little shopping downtown for a couple of hours. At 10:00 am we caught a taxi and asked the driver to take us to Nachi Cocom. Of course he asked if we had a reservation and we did. After a short 20 min ride we arrived at Nachi Cocom. The fare was $15 and I tipped the driver $3. We got there around 10:30 and was greeted and taken to our chairs and drinks were brought out. We were the only two on the entire beach. About 3 other couples eventually straggled in but it was like we had the place to ourselves. Our drinks were constantly refilled; our waiter even brought drinks out to the water’s edge when we were on our floats….now that’s service! Hubby got a massage for 29.00! The food was fabulous! We even ordered second’s. LOL! The water was so clear and warm like bath water! We did not bring water shoes but kind of wish I did because of all the sea shells on the bottom of the ocean. When we got ready to leave we asked for a taxi and our waiter called for one and even offered to take our picture for us. He had a nice tip in the end. We caught a taxi back to Hard Rock Café downtown, where we were picked up from eariler that morning and the driver wanted to charge us $23.00 for the exact ride we had earlier for $15.00. I gave him $15.00 and NO tip! We got back downtown at 3:30 and did a little more shopping before our departure of 4:30. I wish I was there now!

Thank you for your wonderful review!:)

Would you be willing to share your pictures with us ?

We were there a couple of weeks ago, and had a great day. The big difference between this and other beach excursions is TIME. You can spend all day there and enjoy the sun and the water. If you are looking for activities like snorkeling or water toys, there are probably better deals elsewhere, but if you just want to relax on the beach or in the pool, this is great.

They will bring you decent drinks (not too strong but not too weak either) all day long and the waiters are quite attentive. They even had a teenage boy raking up the seaweed on the beach when we arrived. Food service is off the menu, so you don't have to deal with an open air buffet like some places; plus, they will bring your order out to you on the beach.

It's a great day, well worth the money. My only complaint was that my feet stuck out past the edge of the palapa when I was in my lounge chair so I managed to burn the lower part of my legs. Ouch. But the pain was well worth it.

their server seems to be down right now, try this link when they get it back up and running:

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

you fill out the request, i asked if they had space for my dates..then they send you a reply and a link to the page you put in your credit card information (for deposit), i got my confirmation 3 days later.

yes, you take a taxi...for the rest of the money, they only take cash or traveler's check. so it's $49 per person plus the taxi both ways. we don't have too many ships in port the day i am there, but i still didn't want to go with a bunch of partiers (he doesn't drink at all, me..very little). just a nice day at the beach with food...works for us!! i really like the idea of not having a big crowd.....i love just laying in the pool.

HI Everyone,

We went to Nachi Cocom this past Feb. and had a GREAT time.

We are going back this next Feb. 08 on the Ecstasy. Looking forward to relaxing on the beach! The "Miami Vice's" were quite good here!!

Teena:)

We just got back from Nachi Cocum, we were there on Wednesday. I was so disappointed. I thought it would be far and away the highlight of the 7 day cruise but it ended up being a letdown.

To clarify..it really wasn't the resort's fault. We were there on a very stormy day. (We were there this time last year at Paradise Beach and the weather was awesome. Our favorite day of the cruise by far.)

The taxi driver said they were having a tropical storm. The roads were flooded. At one crossing we were concerned we would get through.

Once there they took our print out and we paid cash the difference. The food was good. We had nachos, fajitas, Guacamole, club sandwich, grilled shrimp.

There were 4 in our party and a group of 6. The 10 of us were it for the whole day.

I asked if we could get some cushions for our chairs. Due to the miserable weather we mostly sat in the restaurant and ate and drank.

DD and I swam in the ocean a bit. No one else there ever entered it. We were super disappointed in the hot tub. As someone else mentioned on this board it was the same temp as the pool. On the day we were there it was drenching wet and the pool water was ice cold.

DS took a nap on DH while DD and I swam in the hot tub. It was slightly, slight warmer than the pool or ocean so that is where we played. Finally after her lips were turning blue we gave up.

Do get the coconut ice cream!!!! Someone on the boards suggested it and it is delicious.

Another thing I had been looking forward to was the massage. No luck. It was closed. The weather was far too poor for any water sports.

You can't help the weather! The staff were fine though. Considering they outnumbered the guests I would have thought the service would be better but I think they were bored and disappointed them selves. Mostly they talked among themselves and watched TV.

I sure hope they get the hot tub fixed. That would have made a big difference in the enjoyment of the day.

Good luck!

We were there 4 days ago. It ended up being a huge disappointment but it was mostly weather related.

We were also approached about snorkeling. I think it was 35 each for 2.5 hrs of snorkeling with the kids for free.

Massage table was closed so can't comment. Huge bummer.

Food we tried was guac (great) Mixed Fajitas (didn't care for the steak but liked the chicken and shrimp) Club sandwich for DD (she liked it a lot) Grilled shrimp (DH's favorite of the dishes we tried) Nachos (I liked them but they were diff than the tex mex we are used to) and the coconut ice cream. (yum)

Drinks we tried were Margaritas (DH LOVED them) Miami vice, Rum punch, Strawberry daiquiri and a rum and coke.

I put more in the thread on Nachi Cocum review. If we had to do it over again we wouldn't have booked this considering the outcome but I can see that on a beautiful day it would be a lot of fun.

Sorry to hear about your weather. That was a consideration for us when booking an all-inclusive but with at least 4 ships being in port on 11/30 we decided to roll the dice.

Could anyone tell me if they have lockers and showers? It doesn't mention it on their website.

And I assume they use filtered water when making ice?

I just got back from Nachi Cocom..i was there oct 12th. It was great...there were a total of 10 people there ...wife and myself had the ocean to ourself for hours....food was very good..i was very satified with my decision to go there and i will go again my next visit...:)

We were at Nachi Cocom on the 8th. I instigated this excursion and had to take full responsibility for how it turned out. My wife and two daughters ages 7 & 9 loved the place. My wife told me that it was probably the best day she has ever had at a beach. We are not into the big party scene. Both daughters wanted to know if we could come back sometime before we ever left the place. They got to see one of the 4 foot green iguanas that live around there and after finding a coconut that had fallen from one of the trees, the bartender took it from them and made them a couple of frozen drinks from the fresh milk. We really loved the place and just sat at the swim up bar and drank and relaxed. The Nachos were really good as were the quseadillas (sp?) that my daughters had. I had the pan seared grouper cooked in butter and garlic (recommended by the waiter as the best way to get it) and it was probably the best meal that I had on the cruise period. We are already talking about another cruise next year and plan on going here again and anytime that we are in Cozumel.

We were offered a snorkel trip while we were there. They wanted $35.00 each for my wife and I and the girls were free if we wanted to go. We decided to just stay and enjoy life instead. :)

Archived