Nachi Cocom..on your own recently?

maja

can some please pass along the link to island marketing...if we are aloud too. when i type it it comes back as none found. really want to find some more info about nachi cocum

thanks

The first link is to Island Marketing (where you make reservations) the second link is to the Nachi Cocum website.

http://www.cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

http://cozumelnachicocom.net/

Well, after reading all of superb reviews on Nachi I will be making a reservation for our group on our Feb. cruise. I have checked the cruise calendar & there is 5 other ships in Cozumel that day - hopefully not alot of cruisers know about this paradise secret!!! I am assuming once you put the $12 down for a deposit there is no refund if the weather is horrible etc. - is this correct?? Happy Cruising to All!

• 4 weeks later...

One big question I have is: Are the frozen drinks safe? I had read on one board that people were advised not to drink the frozen drinks because of the water. Has anyone gotten sick from the frozen drinks?

We have been to Nachi on 2 different occasions. Always a nice time.

Took our 5 year old once.

Yes, we drank the frozen drinks both times and had no problems. Very pretty beach. We were there once in Feb. and once in April and there wasn't a crowd.

Teena:)

I was just there, and all the drinks and food were fine. Its a very nice place. I recommend it.

The food is very tasty, im not sure if you can order more than once, but we ordered all kinds of stuff, and they were happy to bring it all.

I'm considering Nachi when we're in Cozumel in March but have one concern. It will just be my 20 yr old daughter & me - is the only way to get there by grabbing a taxi at the pier? Has everyone felt safe doing this? Also, are there facilities there to shower? Do they provide towels?

They do not supply towels, i believe there were some outdoor showers to rinse off in.

We took a cab from the pier, I think its the only way. Its 15$ for one way. I think it is a 10 minute ride. When you are ready to leave, you just let the bartender know, and they will have a taxi waiting for you.

We don't ever get to stay at the beach long enough to justify the $180.00 (for our family of four) that it would cost us at Nachi Cocom just for food and drink.

We usually end up spending around $80.00 at Paradise Beach. And our 2 boys have more stuff to do than they can handle. If they are happy, then Momma is happy!

for me and my family it would be $392.00....looks like Paradise Beach for us....

They do not supply towels, i believe there were some outdoor showers to rinse off in.

No towels? Thanks, we would've gone without bringing any. ;) I never had a problem taking Carnival pool towels off the ship. Just make sure you bring them back so you don't get charged. :eek:

I am assuming that the remaining $37 can be done in USD with no problems? I am so very excited to visit there on the 6th! If anyone has any questions you'd like me to find the answer to while there, feel free to ask.

I am assuming that the remaining $37 can be done in USD with no problems? I am so very excited to visit there on the 6th! If anyone has any questions you'd like me to find the answer to while there, feel free to ask.

There is another thread where a poster and their large group had problems with finding available lounge chairs. Lounge chairs will be a "must" for us, especially since neither my DH nor I desire to lay on the sand. Will you let us know if you have any problems with getting chairs, and if it looked like there were enough at Nachi Cocom?

Thanks!!

There is another thread where a poster and their large group had problems with finding available lounge chairs. Lounge chairs will be a "must" for us, especially since neither my DH nor I desire to lay on the sand. Will you let us know if you have any problems with getting chairs, and if it looked like there were enough at Nachi Cocom?

Thanks!!

I take a group of 14 annually. We have never experienced crowding. I do look at the cruise ship schedules beforehand so that there are fewer ships in port on the day we choose to arrive. If you book thru Island Marketing, Mannie will make sure you have a lounge chair. Just ask and they will take care of you. My staff ALL love this place and I think you will too.

just before our cruise, i found some beach towels for 3.99...since they were so cheap, i took them on the cruise. not knowing what to expect, i took them to Nachi Cocom. (thinking i didn't want to be charged the $25 per if i lost the ship's towel) didn't have to worry, no one bothers your stuff, on your loungers, in your shady area.

yes, USD works...they don't take credit cards.

don't know about a lack of loungers, they have 8 or 10 shade spots, then the whole area around the pool. i saw them drag out more loungers for around the pool. we had a busy day, but everyone had a lounger.

Thanks for the info Cathi and everyone. Martha, I will be sure to come back and post about my time there and the chairs. I just read that there are 8 ships in port the day we are. I hope they don't know about this place. ;)

So funny as I was typing this I got my reservation confirmation.

We were just in Nachi on 1/19. The weather was perfect, and we enjoyed everything about the place including the wonderful lunch we had! We rented snorkeling & floating mats for the day. Victor was the man in charge of renting waverunners, snorkeling, etc. - and he was willing to "deal" on the price.

The price was awesome based on "unlimited" drinks. That included soda, bottled water, beer, shots, frozen daiquiries, etc. We couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more, and the service was outstanding!

Just wondering if it would be worth it to go to Nachi Cocoom for only a couple of hours. We have a "discover scuba" shore excursion earlier in the day but want to relax on a nice, quiet beach for a couple of hours after the excursion. Don't really want to spend $49 for the all-inclusive, as we're not drinkers and wouldn't get our money's worth. I heard they charge $20 pp if you don't want the all-inclusive and that the $20 will be credited to your food and drink bill. But we don't really want to eat and drink--just relax on the beach. How much does it cost just to lay out on the beach? Also, do we have to reserve in advance, or can we just show up? If we do decide to do the $20 non-inclusive, where do we reserve that?

We were just in Nachi on 1/19. The weather was perfect, and we enjoyed everything about the place including the wonderful lunch we had! We rented snorkeling & floating mats for the day. Victor was the man in charge of renting waverunners, snorkeling, etc. - and he was willing to "deal" on the price.

The price was awesome based on "unlimited" drinks. That included soda, bottled water, beer, shots, frozen daiquiries, etc. We couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more, and the service was outstanding!

Can you get the 'good' alcohol in your drinks? Or do the unlimited drinks come with "well" liquor? I noticed Absolut on their menu. Just wondering if it was included.

We just got back from a cruise on the Jewel and a day at Nachi Cocom. We put down a $12 pp deposit online and paid the rest in cash when we arrived around 9:15. We were the 2nd group there, and about 30 people straggled in throughout the morning. We tipped at the end. I wasn't sure what was appropriate, so we tipped 15% of our $49 pp fee, or about $8 pp.

It was a a little slice of heaven--beautiful beach and water, outstanding service, lots of recliners with cushions available, great food. Just extremely relaxing and enjoyable. The worst part was having to leave. :(

I'll be happy to answer any questions.

We just got back from a cruise on the Jewel and a day at Nachi Cocom. We put down a $12 pp deposit online and paid the rest in cash when we arrived around 9:15. We were the 2nd group there, and about 30 people straggled in throughout the morning. We tipped at the end. I wasn't sure what was appropriate, so we tipped 15% of our $49 pp fee, or about $8 pp.

It was a a little slice of heaven--beautiful beach and water, outstanding service, lots of recliners with cushions available, great food. Just extremely relaxing and enjoyable. The worst part was having to leave. :(

I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Thanks for the brief review. I am so excited. We have booked Nachi for March 19th. Did you happen to see how much the parasailing was?

As a matter of fact, we did the parasailing. We'd never done it before and decided we'd try it while we were there. It's $55 for 1 person for 12 minutes, or $110 for 2 people for 20 minutes. We wanted to do 2 people, but the winds were up that morning and they said they didn't think it was safe to try. So we did 1 at a time, and had a ball.

Archived