Nachi Cocom..on your own recently?

maja

We've been to Nachi Cocom 2xs in the past. It was relatively unknown at that time. We did not book as excursion & pay $49 as some of you have mentioned on the boards.

We have plans to eat elsewhere & I'm wondering...

Do they still allow non all-inclusive guests to enter?

Has it become so well known that I may not get in w/o booking the all inclusive $49?

thanks

If you look at their web site it looks like they still welcome cruise ship passengers - I found the following on their site:

If you come on the cruise ships or are at the island for vacation, Nachi Cocom Beach Club is the ideal place to practice the water sports you like. Take a diving trip to some of the world most famous and beautiful reefs, they are just a few minutes from Nachi Cocom.

Although I could not find anything mentioned about cost?

We just booked the 49.00 deal and had to email first to check availability. They only take 100 guests per day. We usually go to Paradise Beach but have heard great things about this place.

When we were rerouted from Costa Maya to Cozumel for our upcoming cruise I originally thought we'd go to paradise Beach but after doing more research it looks like there are at least 5 other ships besides ours in port that day :eek: My thought is that PB will be too crowded - what do you think? So I'm now looking at Nachi Cocom as an alternative, but I haven't heard as much about Nachi Cocom.

Is there anyone out there that has been to Paradise Beach and Nachi Cocom? What are your opinions of both and where would you recommend going? My 10 year old really wants to do the watersports at PB, but I'm sure I could distract him with waverunners at NC. All we really want is a nice beach day for this port. Just the beach, sun, drinks and some good food and we'll be happy :D

Yes, food and drink included. Here is the info from the email we got from them...

Greetings from Cozumel Cruise Excursions,

Thank you for your interest in our Cozumel Beach Break Excursion at Nachi Cocom. We currently show availability for the date you have requested. This is the perfect way to spend your day in Cozumel, enjoying all the wonderful amenities of this tropical paradise.

So many cruise passengers just want to get away from the throngs of people, and relax on a sandy white beach with crystal clear water. In short, just looking to spend some time in their own little slice of paradise. Our beach club will give you that and more.

Your Beach Break is located along a stretch of Cozumel's most beautiful beach and is open daily from 9am-5pm. The club has the nicest beach in Cozumel by far! The facilities include a spectacular beach, beautiful swimming pool with swim up bar, a spacious Jacuzzi, a beautiful palapa restaurant, comfortable beach chairs, palapas for shade on the beach, bathrooms and outdoor showers. Jet Skis rentals can be arranged directly from our water sports department upon your arrival. (approx $60usd/1/2 hour) Along with parasailing at $55usd/ flyer. This can be arranged upon your arrival. Snorkel gear, kayaks,floats are also available from the watersports shop for rental.

Upon your arrival you will be given a warm welcome, information regarding the facilities, and preferential seating on the beach! All Island Marketing clients are guaranteed beach lounge chairs:) Take a nice long walk, bask in the sun, swim, snorkel, or just kick back and relax.

Your All Inclusive Beach Break Package includes an open bar with unlimited domestic drinks that include: Pina Coladas, Rum Punch, Margaritas, Sex on the Beach, Daiquiris, Beer, Soda's, Juices, Bottled Water, and other tasty concoctions. International brands such as Jack Daniels and many others are also available with this exclusive package. Soft drinks in glass (Jet Spray) Coke, Fanta, Sprite and Purified Bottled Water are also available.

Your lunch is a tasty 3 course meal served A La Carte and at your liesure during your day at the beach.

To make this truly a special experience for those looking to enjoy some privacy and seclusion at our beach club, admission is limited to approx. 100 guest daily.

This exlcusive beach break package is specially priced at $49.00usd /adult, $29.00 usd for kids 12yrs -17yrs, $12usd for children 4-11yrs. Children 3 and under are free. Note to parents: the drinking age in Mexico is 18 years and is strictly enforced.

Our Cozumel Beach Break at Nachi Cocom cannot be booked from your ship and is booked online and in advance through our reservations system.

Our special beach break allows you to get away from the long lines, packed buses and over crowded beaches associated with Cruise Ship organized beach clubs excursions.

The club is located approximately 10 miles from your cruise ship pier and is a short 15 minute taxi ride. Due to port regulations and agreements with taxi unions we cannot provide transportation for you. You can easily arrange a taxi from your terminal for under $15 for up to 4 people. Vans can be arranged for larger groups. This is very safe and simple to arrange from your cruise port, and there will be a line of cabs waiting to bring you back to your ship when you are ready to leave. There is absolutely no risk whatsoever of missing your ship.

We don't ever get to stay at the beach long enough to justify the $180.00 (for our family of four) that it would cost us at Nachi Cocom just for food and drink.

We usually end up spending around $80.00 at Paradise Beach. And our 2 boys have more stuff to do than they can handle. If they are happy, then Momma is happy!

We don't ever get to stay at the beach long enough to justify the $180.00 (for our family of four) that it would cost us at Nachi Cocom just for food and drink.

We usually end up spending around $80.00 at Paradise Beach. And our 2 boys have more stuff to do than they can handle. If they are happy, then Momma is happy!

LHP - how would you rate Paradise Beach as far as being crowded? That's my main concern right now. My son is 10 and would prefer PB, but I don't know if I'm up for it if it's going to be a madhouse? :confused: There are only 3 of us and since my son is 10, he's only 12.95 at Nachi Cocom, so we'd be looking at a little over $112 for the 3 of us.

I've read some different questions in different places on here, so I just decided to start a new thread and write a review.

Just there Sept. 21st via Carnival Conquest.

LOVED THIS PLACE!! From the ship, grabbed my own cab, and BF and I were whisked away to Nachi for $15 one way. Once there, (about 10:30am) we were greeted, told to pay ($37 pp, seeing as how we paid the other $12 when we booked online), and shown to our palpa! At this time there were 4 other people there! The water is beautiful and blue (not as clear as Grand Cayman though) The sand was a little shelly..not really a soft white sand. But nothing to fret over. 2 chairs under the palpa, and 2 in the sun. I asked for a mat to cover the lounger..perfect! The waiter asked if we wanted any drinks, that the food bar would open at 12. We did! Behind the beach area, was a nice large freshwater pool w/ swim up bar, hot tub, and the covered sit down dining/bar area. We were greeted and asked if we wanted to do any water sports (snorkel, jet ski, kayak, parasail) for an additional fee. We also saw the massage tent, but didn't go b/c of my sunburn!:( At around noon or so, prob. 10-12 more people showed up, but that's it! This place was extremely private, and relaxing.

Time for lunch- They bring you a menu on the beach, we ordered chips and guac, and cheese sticks. It was ok. For lunch we had faijtas, didn't know exactly what the "meat" was, not what it looked like in the states, it was ok..skipped dessert, but wish I hadn't. At 3pm we asked for a taxi. One promptly arrived, and $15 later we were back at the ship, shopped a bit, and went in for a nap!

Would highly recommend this place, others were jealous when we said how little people were there. Any other questions, please ask!!

When we went to NC.....it was peaceful, quiet beautiful beach and water, etc...

We did take the optional snorkeling trip..while on the boat we passed PB..It was crowded with loud music playing, etc...

Just depends what you want..if you want a party type atmosphere, or a quiet place to chill with the option of doing watersports, etc..

We loved Nachi...and the service was great!

We are considering this too. We LOVE PB but last time it was so crowded and some of the people were just RUDE. Not the PB workers but the other cruise ship people on the beach. When we go back we are there with Conquest, Freedom and Voyager. That's a heckuva lot of people. Don't get me wrong - we head to Carlos & Charlies in the afternoon for debauchery but I really enjoy a peaceful beach morning.

Nachi Cocom has been my fav place to go for years. I have been several times before the $49 reservation they have now, and twice since they started the $49 deal. I really want to go this next time but my cousin wants to do the Royal Dolphin Swim. I am considering trying to go by Nachi without a reservation if we have time and seeing if they will let us in for an hour or so. I sure hate to miss Nachi completely this time. I love the quiet. I did not see anywhere near 100 people there the last 2 times I have been there since they reopened. I'd say there were more like less than 25 there. Also, I believe that Nachi is now the beach used by a hotel for their hotel guests.

We did take the optional snorkeling trip..while on the boat we passed PB..It was crowded with loud music playing, etc...

Just depends what you want..if you want a party type atmosphere, or a quiet place to chill with the option of doing watersports, etc..

Sorry you have the wrong beach, Paradise does not play loud music. I think your speaking of Playa mia.

Alot of people get the two mixed up.. 5 ships in port, paradise will not be overcrowded.

IsItTimeYet, Thanks for the great review.

I wanted to ask you, did they have Floats (the blue or yellow ones)?

I like to float in the water most of the time, and always bring a blow up raft, but if they have them I do not have to bring mine.

I did not know if that is what you were refering to when you said you asked for a matt for the lounge chair.

If so, that is a good idea to make the chairs more comfy.

Did you go in the pool? or hot tub? If so, was it very cold or just right?

And was a lot of people in the pool?

Do you think I should wear my Water shoes on the beach and ocean if it is shelly like you said?

I am on blood thinners so I can not get cut, or I will not stop bleeding.

Was the Ocean cold or just right?

I never eat in Mexico, because of the stories, but my hubby does and his stomach is made of steel and have never had a problem.

Now that you said you did not know what kind of Meat they used, I think I will skip it, lol

Was the cheese sticks okay, I might try some chips minus the dip.

I will also stick to bottled beer that they open up in fromt of me.

I just might get bombed by the time we leave, lol

Thanks in advance

Sue

I went to Nachi on my 9/17 sailing. It was FABULOUS! Service was amazing, drinks were great, pool was beautiful (freshwater) and the beach was gorgeous. Even the floral arrangements on the tables in the dining area were beautiful with their birds of paradise. And the bathrooms are very clean...

When we got in the cab and asked to be taken there the driver asked us if we had reservations. That was kind of unusual in my opinion...But when we were there, because we were doing a back to back and would be returning to Coz shortly, we asked if we were required to have a reservation to come back the next week if that is what we decided to do. They said it wasn't a problem, the fee is the same and we could just go without advance notice. There was a cab waiting for us when we were ready to leave. But it was very hard to leave!

While we were there it was so peaceful and quiet. I swear if there were 15 people there all day long I would have been surprised. There were several couples and one group of about 4 women the entire time we were there, which was from 9:30 to about 2:30.

We spent a lot of time at the swim up bar. We chatted with the staff and some of the other visitors. We ordered our food in courses whenever we felt like it. They have a pretty extensive menu. You don't have to order everything at once. We were so stuffed that we didn't even get to the dessert, even though we very much wanted to! I had the most amazing grilled grouper, some great tortilla soup (but different than I had ever had before) and guacamole.

They will make you whatever drink you want if you tell them what to put in it and the liquor and beer are all brand. They put LOTS of alcohol in their margaritas, just be forewarned! I watched the bartender prepare his pre-mix in a gallon milk jug. More than half the gallon was alcohol and the rest was the lime and other stuff...I stuck to pina coladas. They were fairly light and not something that would knock me dead. I didn't want to be one of the people they have to carry back to the ship!

The biggest thing is to remember to use a LOT of sunscreen and reapply it liberally. We all got pretty sunburnt. And there are a few areas in the water where you can see small but colorful fish in what I could only describe as very small coral heads. I don't know exactly what they were, but there were grasses on them and the fish would hide in the holes and dart around. It was nice to see!

Maybe more information than you wanted...But I was so impressed with the facility! I was sorry that the second visit we decided to go shopping. It was worth every penny for the peace and beauty of the place!

I think we are looking for somewhere quiet to hang out, with the option of doing the watersports. My son has never been parasailing and I thought that would be fun for him (if I can convince him to try it that is!). I definitely don't want the loud music - and that's not to say I'm a stick in the mud - it's just that we have a lot of other things/excursions planned for our other days and this is a day that we just want to be low-key and just hang out. :cool:

HockeyMom, You may want to consider Mr. Sanchos beach. It's really nice, with soft white sand, calm water and free admission. We have been there 5 times and it has never been crowded and we have never been approached by beach vendors.They have a small straw market at the entrance, but they just ask to to stop by and look. I always tell them I'll stop by on the way out, and I do. The have a restuarant with good food and a full bar all at reasonable prices. They have clean bathrooms, lockers, a small pool, a small straw market, water trampoline, jet ski and kayak rentals, three wheeler rentals, massages and horseback riding. The horseback riding is great because you can talk them into a thirty minute ride through the "jungle" and along the beach for $20.00 per person, no reservations needed. Just walk right up.Ask the tour guide to take a picture of you with your camera and they are happy to do so. We did this and I have a beautiful picture of my husband and I holding hands riding along the water's edge! Our boys were 17, 11 and 7 the last time they were there and had a great time. They have been there 3 times and have never been bored. The only drawback is snorkeling is not good here. They also do not have parasailing. As adventurous as we have let our boys be on their past 8 cruises, we draw the line at parasailing as it is a very risky activity and apparently not well regulated. There have been numerous well publicized fatal accidents and the cruise lines strongly warn against this activity.Not a lecture, just wanted to share that. Anyway, we love Mr. Sanchos beach, and will finish up our day relaxing there after our shore excursion (trying to decide on a new activity to do) on our Dec. cruise. It is about a 20 minute taxi ride,about $15.00 each way( for the whole family, not each person), depending on which pier you ship docks at. Cabs are readily available at the pier and Mr. Sancho's. You don't even have to call a cab, they are sitting out front waiting. Where ever you decide to spend your day, I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

We just went to Nachi Cocum on Tuesday. We had a great time. It was very private, I think there were only two other couples (who we barely saw) there most of the day. Our waiter was Manuel and he was on top of our food and drinks all day. I don't think we ever had an empty drink before he brought us a new one. The food was great! That was the best guacamole I'd ever tasted. The mixed fajitas were fantastic, too. Pool was pretty and the bathrooms were clean. We saw a turtle and lots of iguanas. We loved the place but I would not reccomend it to people who need to be entertained or get bored easily. This wasn't an "exciting" type of place. They had water sport equipment, snorkeling boat trips and a massage table all for a little extra. Overall the place was lovely.

We left a little early to do some shopping in Cozumel. I wasn't crazy about Cozumel its self. VERY touristy with crappy overpriced merchandise. If your looking for keychains, shot glasses and t-shirts, you'll be in heaven. Still we had a great time and I would love to go back.

2299763600102257007S500x500Q85.jpg beach at Nachi

2921963400102257007S500x500Q85.jpg

2458360670102257007S500x500Q85.jpg

2851474110102257007S500x500Q85.jpg

2221513710102257007S500x500Q85.jpg

Archived