Nachi Cocom..on your own recently?

maja

For those who have been to Nachi, do they have floats or mats to use in the water? I bought a couple on the clearance rack at Walmart for $0.50 that I can take and just leave. But, if I don't have to blow them up I would just as soon use something they have there. Ya....me lazy!! LOL

Answered my own question this past weekend. They do have the blue foam type mats for $8 for the whole day. I forgot to bring the ones I had..so, I rented one for $8 and floated around a while.

Everything about the facility was first rate. the only complaint I have is that they don't take credit cards for the watersports. Once we got away from the cab area,the mosquitos were hardly noticeable. We were there about 4 1/2 hours also. Manuel was our waiter and I can't say enough good things about him.

I've been there twice and it is my little Cozumel-Heaven!

Not sure about the steps into the pool, honestly we never swam in the pool.

I've never had an issue with mosquitos (been there in Sept 2007 and 2008). I would say that everywhere in Coz will be like this if it's like this at Nachi, so just bring some bug spray and you will be fine!

The snorkeling there was amazing when we went, but we had a guide take us out pretty far. We saw a baracuda and a shark. Very cool!

Finally booked Nachi today... Sent in the deposit....

Totally stoked!

I sure hope the mosquitos have calmed down by the first week of December. I'm quite succulent and as much as they love me here if KS, I'm thinking they'll want to devour me in Mexico. :p

According to your ticker, we leave the same time. What ship are you on?

• 2 weeks later...

We were there last week. It was very windy! The drinks were good and so was the food. I would definately go back.

Someone asked about steps into the pool. There are maybe 6 or 7 of them. It doesn't look like it because of the darker blue color...but they are there.

2444734820085301487S200x200Q85.jpg

2113788130085301487S200x200Q85.jpg

Just got back from a quickie to Coz, spent Nov 1 at NC.

We thought it was well worth the $196 plus $20 tip and $30 cab fare split 4 four ways.

$120 a couple is still alot cheaper than an hour on the strip "shopping" with my wife then ending up in C&Cs. The drinks were nice, the food was great, the jacuzzi was warm, the pool was chilly, the service was fantastic. Nice and quiet, 14 customers at the peak of the day. Music from the dining area was nice, music from my MP3 player didn't disturb anyone and we got tanned from the beautiful Caribbean waters.

dk

I've tried over and over again to send an e-mail to Nachi Cocom and have been unsuccessful! I either get an error message or get redirected to d/l some image program... very frustrating!!!! Anyone have any advice???:(

I believe you have to book with Island Marketing and not Nachi Cocum directly.

http://cozumelcruiseexcursions.com/CozumelBeachBreak.htm

Good luck. :)

We were there on Sept 9. Nachi is the best all inclusive we have been to on Cozumel, although Wyndam is a close second. Playa Uvas and Paradise beach are distantly behind.

The entire day was awesome and believe we have found the perfect Cozumel beach.

Hi Kingfish - we are undecided between Nachi, Wyndham & Mr. Sanchos - I'm leaning toward Nachi, but I'd love to know your detailed answer why Wyndham is a close second. We have a group of 9 ranging in age from 3 to 74 - the kids are 3, 5, 7 & 13. We absolutely want a nice pool and nice beach. I've read a lot about Nachi, but not too much about Wyndham. I know it is a new tour being offered and I'd love to hear as much as possible if you were there recently.

Thanks,

Barbara

Hi Kingfish - we are undecided between Nachi, Wyndham & Mr. Sanchos - I'm leaning toward Nachi, but I'd love to know your detailed answer why Wyndham is a close second. We have a group of 9 ranging in age from 3 to 74 - the kids are 3, 5, 7 & 13. We absolutely want a nice pool and nice beach. I've read a lot about Nachi, but not too much about Wyndham. I know it is a new tour being offered and I'd love to hear as much as possible if you were there recently.

Thanks,

Barbara

The wyndham tour is not a new tour, search for "reef club" Close secound it is not in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want great mexican food, endless drinks and a relaxing, quiet atmosphere that looks like a corona commercial was filmed there then choose Nachi-Cocom!!!!! It was hands down an excellent choice for us. After reading reviews on hear and Tripadvisor we made a great decision. And BEST Guacamole hands down! To see pictures from a variety of people check the reviews on Trip advisor...You can also see my pics from the webshot link below

The wyndham tour is not a new tour, search for "reef club" Close secound it is not in my opinion.

Wyndham is offering a new package for their Aura adult section..it's $75pp...we are planning on booking it for next year to take advantage of the swim up bar & adult only atmosphere...

Wyndham is offering a new package for their Aura adult section..it's $75pp...we are planning on booking it for next year to take advantage of the swim up bar & adult only atmosphere...

How would one go about booking the Aura? I was having trouble finding any mention of it on their website.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

How would one go about booking the Aura? I was having trouble finding any mention of it on their website.

Any info. would be greatly appreciated.

Wow I would be shocked if they open that section of the resort up to day guests, personally Nachi while not new is just as good and you save $$$

This is the 1st time I've heard about mosquitos at NC. We're getting married there in March 09 and I'm just imagining me in my wedding dress swapping masquitos. Has anyone been there in March and if so are they a big problem?!:confused:

Archived