formal night

jon46

I have a quick question, sailing on sovereign of the seas tomorrow. My wife does not want me to bring a suit. Will I be missing a nice meal in the Dinning room if we eat in the windjammer on formal night. thanks John

Don't pack the suit and don't be intimidated by these posters. We were on Majesty last year at this time, 1 table with Tuxes and the rest of the guys were nicely dressed, but not all in suits. If you are worried, just throw in a tie. I'm shocked that so many people worry about what others wear in the dining room, and don't let them force you into Windjammers.

Don't pack the suit and don't be intimidated by these posters. We were on Majesty last year at this time, 1 table with Tuxes and the rest of the guys were nicely dressed, but not all in suits. If you are worried, just throw in a tie. I'm shocked that so many people worry about what others wear in the dining room, and don't let them force you into Windjammers.

Okay noone that I see is forcing anyone they are the ones that said that not any of the replies that i have seen anyway.

On our first cruises my DH just brought a sports jacket and wore it with different slacks. Not everyone at our tables have worn formal or even very dressy attire for formal night. I would't worry about it and definitely not miss out on the dining room.

I have a quick question, sailing on sovereign of the seas tomorrow. My wife does not want me to bring a suit. Will I be missing a nice meal in the Dinning room if we eat in the windjammer on formal night. thanks John

John, leave the suit at home. On my first RCCL cruise, which was on the Majesty (a Sovereign sister ship), I debated long and hard over whether or not to pack a dark suit. I finally opted for a sports jacket and tie, and felt totally comfortable as I looked around the dinning room on formal night, spotting only a handful of tuxes, and not that many more suits. The majority of gents donned sports jackets . Perhaps one-fourth wore just a dress shirt and good slacks, and to my eye, fit in just fine. And then there were a few who should have gone to Windjammer!

I've been on 5 subsequent RCCL voyages, and have stayed with the sports jacket. If I wanted to drop down a notch and lose the jacket without feeling out of place, I'd probably go with a crisp blue buttondown shirt and decent slacks. Trust me, you are not relegated to Windjammer on formal night just because you don't have a suit.

Archived