Where do you put it?

Solo Cruiser

I have a purse hook that my sister bought me last christmas. It's wonderful. It hooks onto the table and with the purse attached it balances the weight so it stays put, just under the edge of the table. It's called "the purse hook". She got it off their website. www.thepursehook.com It's even strong enough to hold my son's diaper bag!

Hope this helps.

on the table?..I have many many lovely ones, and think of it as the centerpiece..As I always have the same table and chair, a 10 top, there is plenty of room, no one steps on it, or it dosent get in the way of my serviette/lap. I always get many nice comments on my bags, relish having it with me at dinner

Similar to the purse hook, I ordered some like these before our last cruise. I even used them during the day for my canvas bag. I hate putting stuff on the floor. I'm a germ-o-phobe. These worked like a charm.

Robin

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-PURSE-HANDBAG-HOOK-HANGER-CADDY-CLOISONNE-W-POUCH_W0QQitemZ280158662849QQihZ018QQcategoryZ1063QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for the responses gals. My bags are both clutches and don't have straps. I never even thought of putting it under my napkin, good idea. And as far as putting it on the floor thing goes, well I'm fluffy (ok well past fluffy LOL) and bending over to pick up something off the floor is sort of like toe touches :eek: sometimes I just can't seem to do them. Thank you again.

And as far as putting it on the floor thing goes, well I'm fluffy (ok well past fluffy LOL) and bending over to pick up something off the floor is sort of like toe touches :eek: sometimes I just can't seem to do them.

I'm fluffy, too, but I also have short legs, so I don't have a lap! :eek: Half the time my napkin ends up on the floor, and I have to ask the steward for a new one. :o Happy cruising!

Robin

Thanks for the responses gals. My bags are both clutches and don't have straps. I never even thought of putting it under my napkin, good idea. And as far as putting it on the floor thing goes, well I'm fluffy (ok well past fluffy LOL) and bending over to pick up something off the floor is sort of like toe touches :eek: sometimes I just can't seem to do them. Thank you again.

Mine are clutches as well...I just make sure they have an strap that tucks inside when I buy them.:)

I also have a beautiful purse hook that DH bought for me at a bookstore. If I find an evening bag that doesn't have a strap on it, it takes virtually no time to make one out of a simple velvet or satin ribbon that you sew to the inside with just a couple of tiny stitches. You don't need something of great strength because you carry so little in the evening bag, so it can be just a tiny little ribbon that is enough for you to put on the hook.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Hi, I also use the purse caddies:D ...gotta love them. Even

some of my dressier clutches have a nice strap....a satin rope

for example.

I have posted this before so forgive me...but I brought an

extra one with me on my last cruise and one of my tablemates

loved the one I was using so I gave her the extra one as

a gift:) ...she absolutely loved it!!!!

If it is a clutch bag...in my lap with napkin over it.

If it has a shoulder strap....hang it over the chair..if it won't slide off.

Never on the floor...it could accidentally get stepped on or your chair might hit it.

Never on the table...it would take up too much room, and if SOMEONE at the table or wait staff spilled something on it..they would feel horrible and it really would've been your fault putting it there.

I'd never put my bag on the floor! The floor is dirty, the bag could be stepped on, and if you're a bit superstitious, it's bad luck.

Depending on the the size of my bag, it's kept on the back of my chair, on my lap, next to my lap if the chair is wide enough, or I use a purse hook.

You can also put it behind you on on the back of your chair (of course this is if the chair back doesn't have an opening). And then just sit a little bit forward in your seat. This way also helps you have better posture, so you're not leaning back and slouching in your beautiful dress :)

If your clutch has been in the bathroom, on a counter or (yuck) on the bathroom floor DO NOT PUT IT ON THE TABLE!!!!!!!!! That's totally gross and disgusting! Even purses pickup germs from bathrooms, similar to your shoe bottoms! You wouldn't put your shoes on the table, would you????

Keep your small clutch either in your lap, tucked behind you on the chair, or hang it over the chair!

You can get a purse holder. It has a flat side that has felt on it. You put that part up on the table. Then it has a hook end on it, where you hook your purse handle. Now if you don't have a handle on the bag, then I guess you'll be doing it as mentioned above: put it on your lap.

How big are these purse holders? Do they fit inside the purse? I couldn't imagine bringing an apparatus to hold my purse if I had to carry it from my cabin to the table! :)

I'm guessing they are small.

I think it's easier just to hang it from the back of my chair. The only problem here is that if there is not a lot of space in between tables, it will be in the way of the servers.

I would not put it on the table.

How big are these purse holders? Do they fit inside the purse? I couldn't imagine bringing an apparatus to hold my purse if I had to carry it from my cabin to the table! :)

I think it's easier just to hang it from the back of my chair. The only problem here is that if there is not a lot of space in between tables, it will be in the way of the servers.

They are very small.....they are laquared on the top. It fits in any

purse...really! I will try to find a picture and post it this evening

unless someone else does it first;) ....if you open up your hand...

palm up....it would fit right there, from the top of your middle finger

to your wrist....not even that long.

The 2 I have show 2 different laquared pictures....one has

roses, the other butterflies.

They are the neatest things!....Personally, I much prefer these

to the back of the chair..and they are conversation pieces too!:D

Here is the link to the site I got mine on.......

http://mileskimball.resultspage.com/search?p=Q&ts=custom&w=purse%20caddy

I have #1 and #2 I love them:)

Archived