Movies in Theater?

RLH

How current are the movies that are shown in the theater on the HAL ships? We depart on Oct 28th and were just curious what "might" be playing on board. Has anyone been on a HAL departure very recently? If so, do you remember what was playing? We're just having fun thinking about all of our options. Thanks for your help.

RLH

The movies are recent ones, just out of first-run theaters having just gone to dvd. Movies go to dvd so quickly now most of the movies shown you would recognize from what has been playing in your local theater. Great if you happen to have missed something you want to see. Occasionally there will also be a classic. There is a lot of variety, so something for everybody over the course of a week. The day after they are played in the on-board theater they are shown on the tv in your cabin.

This is what played with or w/o popcorn in the Wayang (showtimes 1:00/2:00/2:30 pm, 4:30 pm, 6:00/6:15 pm, 7:45/8:00/8:15 pm, 10:15/30 pm) on Rotterdam from 06-18 SEP 07:

The Hoax (Piraeus/sea day)

Lucky You (sea day)

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (Istanbul, Turkey)

Once (Varna, Bulgaria)

Georgia Rule (Odessa, Ukraine)

Live Free or Die Hard (Sevastopol, Ukraine)

Surf Up (sea day)

Next (Kusadasi, Turkey)

The Opal Dream (Rhodes, Greece)

Spiderman 3 (Limmasol, Cyprus)

The Wendell Baker Story (Alexandria, Egypt)

plus Oceans 13 on the 'big screen' in the Queens Lounge

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer (sea day)

I have always been impressed with the how current the movies are on HAL...I really think a number of them are not out on DVD...I know in April they were showing "Queen" it might have been available online but and it did not come out to the local stores until a couple a weeks after we got back... I think it may be more like the timing for pay per view...

I usually go to one movie on a cruise. I wanted to see Oceans 13, but didn't get a chance to see it. Does anyone know what will be playing on the Nov. 3 sailing of Zuiderdam?

And the Nov. 23 Volendam cruise? We have almost 4 days at sea and I always enjoy the afternoon movies.

Movies on the Zaandam last week were current and high profile. The list above by Copper includes some of the ones available on Zaandam.

The theatre was busy, especially in the afternoon when we were in port and the heat and humidity ashore were more than some could - or would- bear!

It was hot, really hot, down the west coast of Mexico. We went shore with no probems and had a great time, but we did it in the early part of the day.

I wish the Vista class ships had been designed with at least a small theatre on board. The Queens Lounge is a poor excuse for a theatre. IMO.

Archived