Any advantages with a Jr. Suite?

We booked a balcony room (D1 Superior ocean view)for our Mariner cruise last June, but are thinking about booking the Jr. Suite for next summer (FOS)! We are a family of 3 ( with a 10 year old son) and would like a little more room! But are wondering if there are any more advantages or not to booking the Jr. Suite? :rolleyes: Thanks for any input!

We booked a balcony room (D1 Superior ocean view)for our Mariner cruise last June, but are thinking about booking the Jr. Suite for next summer (FOS)! We are a family of 3 ( with a 10 year old son) and would like a little more room! But are wondering if there are any more advantages or not to booking the Jr. Suite? :rolleyes: Thanks for any input!

Bigger bath, walkin closet, bathtub, bigger balcony, 2 cruise credits

We LOVE the JS :D We are also a family of 3 with a 10 yr old DD :)

Lots of space, walk in closet, bathtub/shower combo ......

2 cruise credits

Robes if you ask for them (if they are available they will likely give them to you)

Have fun!!

just wondering as last time we sailed on Carnival we only had a "plain jane" outside cabin & got robes. I just figured it would be the same on RCCL.

Nope. Unless you are a Platinum C&A member or above.....or...you are sailing in a GS or above, you are techincally not entitled to a robe for use onboard. Although if you ask your cabin attendant and there are some left after the above folks have received theirs - you may just get one!

Am I correct in assuming that you didn't get to keep your robes when you were in that "plain jane" cabin on Carnival either? Even if you are in a suite, the robes are only for use during the cruise and can't be taken home without paying for them.:)

Would a JS help get you into Chops on a crowded night, or would that only be with concierge service as in higher categories?

Are there any higher categories that are aft cabins on the Explorer excluding family suites?

Another question...is there any priority boarding in a JR. Suite?

Thanks!

benzygirl, I don't think the Concierge has any "in" for getting reservations at Chops or Portofino other than being able to make reservations for you prior to the start of the cruise, but once embarkation has begun, it's every man/woman for him/herself.

Before we became Platinum, we always had priority boarding for being in a JS. It may be port-dependent, as I have read here that some cruisers haven't gotten it, but that has been my experience.

Would a JS help get you into Chops on a crowded night, or would that only be with concierge service as in higher categories?

Are there any higher categories that are aft cabins on the Explorer excluding family suites?

Another question...is there any priority boarding in a JR. Suite?

Thanks!

Concierge starts at Grand Suite and above. The concierge contacted us prior to the cruise and booked our dining reservations (spa appts, excursions)

"Officially" there is no priority embarkation for a JS. But past JS passengers have reported here that they DID use the priority embarkation line because the sign said "Suite Guests" and the employees at the cruise terminal allowed them into the line. But the JS is not a "true suite" in the sense that it gets the suite perks.

Come April, I am going to attempt to use the priority embarkation line when we have a JS on Liberty. So I'll let you all know. ;)

I asked this somewhere else and I'm not sure anybody replied. Does a Junior Suite, in fact, get you two points? I had the idea, hopefully incorrect, that you had to have a Grand Suite or higher in order to get two points.

From what I understand, yes. I personally don't know that to be true since we're sailing in our first JS next month. But from everything I've read, yes it's true.

A few weeks ago at Port Everglades, I tried to use the suite line. I had a JS booked. The guy stopped me and told me to get in the other line which was for a few levels including mine which was 8. ( Enchantment ) The lines were not long so it didn't make a difference but he wasn't very nice. :rolleyes: I asked for and received a robe after they were sure there were extra.

How many C & A points for an owner's suite?

Two is the max you can get, so it doesn't matter - JS and above get two (although cruises of 12+ nights would get you another, for a max of 3).

We always get a JS (that closet is worth the price of admission IMO) - at Cape Liberty, there is someone with a clipboard of cabin numbers stationed at the priority check-in area - JS's are included. We are now platinum, but prior to that, our cabin was always on the list - no problems.

Archived