You can google your cruise date to see about large groups

Glama

Some people were asking how to find out if your cruise will have a large group on it. You can google your cruise date and ship name, and if there is a group that is large enough to have any website information, or message boards set up, you should be able to find it online. Obviously, there is NO guarantee that the group will show up, but it may. I've used it in the past and several different groups have popped up. Try it several ways, for example:

Enchantment 12/16/07

Enchantment Cruise December 16, 2007

Enchantment Group Cruise

The cruise lines will not tell you if there is a large group, even if you ask. If you use a TA, they "may" be able to tell you that there is a group, or if one TA has held a ton of cabins.

OP... the only thing that I would add is the reference to the TA knowing about groups booked... the only group a TA would know about is one they themselves booked... or one they themselves researched via your stated method...

Just because a TA has a large number of cabins being held, doesn't necessarily mean it is for a specific group...

Thank you for posting this... many people wondered how to find this information out and it was kind of you to post how they can find that information...

Incidentally, my search discovered that a group of public speakers is booked on my cruise ... Great!!!! Bunch of non-stop talkers onboard for a week:D Still, it was nice to know that a group is planning to be onboard... it's a small group (250) so we don't anticipate any issues except the aforementioned non-stop chatter:) They actually sound like a fun group...

I'm hoping to find out that the "Hot Fireman" group is on our next cruise. :p

Yes, you are right about the TA not knowing specifics. My TA has tried to find out about large groups on our sailing, because she's wanted cabins that were largely taken up by group space. Of course, that doesn't mean it's one specific group taking ALL that space, it could just be the TA holding tons of cabins for individuals. I'd guess though that if 1/3 or more of the ship were held, it would be for a foreseeable large group? I wouldn't think the cruiselines would "give" that much group space to a single TA unless they knew it was going to be a huge blowout? But, I'm not sure on that, lol.

Sometimes the ship closes off areas for the "large groups". I would want to know ahead of time if I am going to be shut out of Chops on my anniversary because of a wedding group or some DJ that brought all of their "loyal" listeners on the high seas, has taken over. I heard that when America's next top model was on...there were many places shut off to the public. RUDE. I would want to know this information and I have NO IDEA what you all are talking about in regards to the "other post".

I googled our date and ship, and one of the first links mentioned something about "the biggest gay cruise in history" ... well, luckily, that was 2 or 3 years ago, haha...

I have nothing against gays, I just don't know how I'd feel about being in the middle of the biggest gay cruise in history ;)

Let's just hope that making that information public doesn't lead to a hate crime. The Castro District Halloween party had to cancel this year partly because someone opened fire there last year.

I 'm guessing there are several groups alternate life style folks might be

uncomfortable cruising with, point being pax should have a choice of which

LARGE Groups they cruise with.

Sea ya @ sea

thanks for the information. I've googled groups before and also sailed with a 1/2 ship charter. Folks are right about being shut out of public rooms because of large groups. If I know about a big group sailing (any kind of group), I may switch weeks or ships.

Some people were asking how to find out if your cruise will have a large group on it. You can google your cruise date and ship name, and if there is a group that is large enough to have any website information, or message boards set up, you should be able to find it online.

This wasn't news to me, I usually do check, but I just booked a spur of the moment trip for December and hadn't bothered. After reading the thread, I idly decided to run a search. And we are booked on a group cruise! When I saw which group, I laughed out loud. We are on an ELVIS cruise!! It should be a blast.

This wasn't news to me, I usually do check, but I just booked a spur of the moment trip for December and hadn't bothered. After reading the thread, I idly decided to run a search. And we are booked on a group cruise! When I saw which group, I laughed out loud. We are on an ELVIS cruise!! It should be a blast.

Now that is one group cruise that could be really fun! I bet it will be a blast watching all the impersonations!

we sailed with a rather large group of Parrotheads on our last trip, they were rather entertaining at times, but rather annoying when they took up the whole aft pool for their activities, including their own band. while no one stopped us from going back there while they were using the area, it was very annoying to not have the normal use of the area mid afternoon on sea days!

Beverly

Some people were asking how to find out if your cruise will have a large group on it. You can google your cruise date and ship name, and if there is a group that is large enough to have any website information, or message boards set up, you should be able to find it online. Obviously, there is NO guarantee that the group will show up, but it may. I've used it in the past and several different groups have popped up. Try it several ways, for example:

Enchantment 12/16/07

Enchantment Cruise December 16, 2007

Enchantment Group Cruise

The cruise lines will not tell you if there is a large group, even if you ask. If you use a TA, they "may" be able to tell you that there is a group, or if one TA has held a ton of cabins.

OH no. Are you saying that you found a large group cruising on this ship on this date? Or is this just an example?

oooooo.... I am so jealous that does sound like fun!!!! What cruise??? When???

This is great information. We had a large Pampered Chef group on one of our cruises and you know how "those people" can be. ;) :rolleyes: :D

Seriously, I've been on group cruises a few times and it is annoying how they close off some otherwise public areas to accommodate their private parties, etc. It is nice to know ahead of time at the very least.

This is great information. We had a large Pampered Chef group on one of our cruises and you know how "those people" can be. ;) :rolleyes: :D

Seriously, I've been on group cruises a few times and it is annoying how they close off some otherwise public areas to accommodate their private parties, etc. It is nice to know ahead of time at the very least.

So did you find anything for our cruise yet? :D Hey I like your countdown better. Yours says 5 days left and mine still says 6. :p

What a difference a week makes. The cruise immediately prior to ours has a large group of Urologists on board.

I doubt they would be closing off any pool-type public spaces, but the bathrooms might be another matter entirely....

Happy Cruising,

Alan

I think we're on to something here... it might be fun to have a website where you could see what groups or special events are planned for your cruise...

Like the Pampered Chef thing or the Elvis cruise... I wouldn't mind cruising cheap on one of those cruises, even if certain areas weren't available to me at times... If you knew going into it what to expect... depending on the group it could be a lot of fun...

Last February on our Mariner cruise, the crew told us that the week before Dave Matthews Band and staff were onboard... now granted, they had to pick up more booze in one of the ports because they ran out... but how cool would that have been???

Archived