"LIVE" from the Explorer 11/04/07

Radio

Here are a few pics from today ! The temps are a little cool (60f), but we are having great sunny skies !
WOW! Quite a difference from the past week! :p

Must be a good omen for the week ahead! Have a great cruise, and we are looking forward to your 'LIVE' posts..:D

Wow, that's the most dressed pool shot I've ever seen! ;) 60f makes for a very short fast dash for the hot tubs! I bet the Solarium pool is more popular today!

Theron

It looked like a buddy check from Summer Camp, everyone standing outside of the pools....:D

Have fun Radio...

I am working on our New Years Cruise and WDW vacation plans...was on hold an hour before someone finally started helping... it was nice to see the pictures you are sharing, while I was bored on hold...

Looking forward to your live posts, Radio!!! :) I just got off Explorer yesterday and I feel lonely without her....wahhhhh :( lol

While I was picking up my Cybercabin at Guest relations when there many passengers yelling at the Pursers desk employees. . . WOW. . . .

I agree that I am not surprised but you would think that people are smart enough to know that no one can control Mother Nature.

Idiots!! Seriously! Some guy was saying how "ridiculous" it was that we had to spend so much extra time on the ship....WHAT??? So the captain should have 'sped it up' and should have gone through seas WORSE than what we already did? Would that have made you happy?? Give me a break. Nasty people will always find SOMETHING to complain about.

I felt bad for all those waiting to get on the ship last night when we got off. It was dark and cold but it seems RCI did everything they could in order to keep everyone happy, and that's great. Great attitude, Radio, and will look forward to your posts this week!!! :)

OMG! You are allowed to take pics inside the terminal. :eek:

In Ft Lauderdale they throw a fit.

As well as Port Canaveral. In August when I was about to take pics they told me NO, along with other passengers. :eek: :rolleyes:

We were on the Explorer through the delay, but I must say through all of the missed ports and being late, they handled everything very professionally. They gave free internet access and paid for the fees charged to those who had to make airline changes. The Captain communicated everything as it was happening.

We were on the Zenith a couple of years ago and the Captain and staff NEVER told us we were missing a port. We only heard it through other passengers.

Hats off to the staff and the Captain.

By the way, are they giving you anything for being late?

Hi Radio,

Thanks for the posts and the great pictures. Can't wait to follow your adventures.

We are on the Brilliance in January and are thinking about using wi-fi. We have a new laptop which doesn't have an internal modem so I am not sure we would use cybercabin. I would love to hear about your experience using wi-fi. Where are the six hotspots? Thanks!

Have fun!!

Nancy

Hello everyone ! Tonight is formal night, and the Captains Welcome aboard reception is at 730. I was able to make it to the Meet and Mingle Party today briefly (We had a 20min break for our meeting).

The first Production show is tonight and I hear that it is very good. “Wild, Cool, and Swingin” I can’t remember if I saw this show last year, so I will try to be there. There will also be an Ice Show (“Spirits of the Season”), and I read on CC, that this was a fabulous show (3PM and 5PM)

The Captain told Explorer passengers today, that we should be arriving at the pilot station at 8Am tomorrow, and should be at the dock by 930AM. I am looking forward to Bermuda once again. The official air temp is 57f (at 12N), and the sea water is 65f.

We are cruising fast (23kts) to get to Bermuda. . . I think that the passenger comfort has eased a lot since last night. There were still long line at Guest Relations today.

Here are a few more pics from today. . .

Thanks for tuning in. . . .

Radio

Forward Centrum

exmida.jpg

Deck 12 FWD

exmidc.jpg

exmidd.jpg

A few people made it to the Spas. . .

exmide.jpg

The WALL

exmidf.jpg

Idiots!! Seriously! Some guy was saying how "ridiculous" it was that we had to spend so much extra time on the ship....WHAT??? So the captain should have 'sped it up' and should have gone through seas WORSE than what we already did? Would that have made you happy?? Give me a break. Nasty people will always find SOMETHING to complain about.

I felt bad for all those waiting to get on the ship last night when we got off. It was dark and cold but it seems RCI did everything they could in order to keep everyone happy, and that's great. Great attitude, Radio, and will look forward to your posts this week!!! :)

Sounds like RCCL went out of their way to make up for Mother Nature...paying airline change fees etc. I am impressed to hear that.

I do feel sorry for the crew being punished with verbal abuse from pax for something nobody on the crew can impact. It must have been He** day for the poor staff getting chewed on by those on the ship all day mad that they did not wake up to the sound of colors being called...and then based on Radio's comments those who just got on about whatever...

It must be tough at the last minute, well maybe the night before to arrange catering for several thousand pax who would be arriving at the port and would have to wait a while. Bus service to the mall etc...probably not too hard since the buses would be used to move folks to the airport from the ship just a lot of overtime. I'd imagine they probably had to drop folks to hotels if they were not able to make flights until Monday. I am sure several folks fell into that category. I'd imagine the port crew for RCCL worked a far longer than planned day as well.

I know some pax would be frustrated but to blow up at the crew or port staff doesn't get any real extra progress towards resolving the issues.

If I lived near the port I'd be glad to be almost a day late getting home since it is another day on the ship, but with the bad weather and pax waiting to get on, I am hoping it will never happen that way.

Glad you had a good time...

I do feel sorry for the crew being punished with verbal abuse from pax for something nobody on the crew can impact.

I'd imagine the port crew for RCCL worked a far longer than planned day as well.

I know some pax would be frustrated but to blow up at the crew or port staff doesn't get any real extra progress towards resolving the issues.

quote]

Good post Dave! I can't understand why some people act like buffoons, but there are always a few in every crowd.

Awesome pictures!!!!

We are on the Explorer in 38 days and I am sending a "picture of the day" to my family and other couple travelling with us to keep us all excited....these are wonderful!!!

I've checked in at Pt. Canaveral, Miami and Baltimore...what kind of a check-in building is that?....it looks like a temporary building...is there heat in there???.....

Awesome pictures!!!!

We are on the Explorer in 38 days and I am sending a "picture of the day" to my family and other couple travelling with us to keep us all excited....these are wonderful!!!

I've checked in at Pt. Canaveral, Miami and Baltimore...what kind of a check-in building is that?....it looks like a temporary building...is there heat in there???.....

Julie, When we were there last Fall, there was an actual building that was quite large, and the temporary looking thing you see in the picture was a luggage area. Maybe they had to utilize it for pax because there was an overlap of so many debarking and embarking so late. :confused:

Looking forward to your live posts, Radio!!! :) I just got off Explorer yesterday and I feel lonely without her....wahhhhh :( lol

I would have had to butt in and say excuse me....Have you talked to God lately???? Oh He is on vacation? Well no wonder the seas are rough and the ship's captain made a wise decision to keep everyone safe. You would expect the same from him on this cruise as well. It just amazes me that people can be this way. Sure I don't want to be delayed after months and months of waiting....but I do want to be safe and have a ship to cruise on!!!

It sure looks like RCCL did a fantastic job with this!! Just another reason to be a stockholder too!

Hi Radio! Great pictures!!

People yelling at GR for something that is totally out of their control is just plain ignorant and uncalled for. What did they expect them to do?

I think RC did an outstanding job in giving free shuttles to the venues in the area and food and drinks.....they made the best of a situation they had no control over. Some people will never be happy. :eek:

Hope you enjoy Bermuda, I suspect it is one of your favorite ports?!! :)

Can't wait for more pictures!

Thanks for letting us tag along.

quote]

Julie, Here is one of my favorites...It's one of the stained glass windows in the Chamber Disco:

77168159.TwaPLW92.jpg

Thanks again Radio for the live posts. You mentioned earlier that you were in a "Seminar at Sea". What is that? Were you invited to a conference, or are you a keynote speaker?

I own a T/A, and was invited to participate. . . I WISH I was a speaker :D

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi Radio! Great pictures!!

>snip<

Hope you enjoy Bermuda, I suspect it is one of your favorite ports?!!

Can't wait for more pictures! Thanks for letting us tag along. ***

Yes . . It is one of my favorite ports ! I love Antigua too :)

This wi-fi is very fast . . . I took back my Cybercabin (It doesnt like my Vista)

Thanks for the nice comments ! ! More Pics tomorrow :rolleyes:

Radio

;) ;)

Archived