"LIVE" from the Explorer 11/04/07

Radio

Hello everone. . . I am still at the hotel. The Marriott has been very very nice allowing me to have a very late check out. I was thinking about going over to Liberty Park, and visit the Statue of Liberty, I decided against it.

I will be heading over to the Pier very soon. I will hopefully get to post before we sail. It will be interesting to see what changes are in store for us this evening. . .

Boarding and Terminal Pics later tonight ! ! :)

Almost There :)

Thanks for tuning in. . .

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Yippee!!!!!!!!!!!!

glad the hotel let you hang out.....can't wait to hear the rest!

Hello everone. . . I am still at the hotel.

My heart would be in my throat right now as my instincts would be telling me I was going to miss the ship, making one of my worst nightmares coming to fruition.

Bon voyage, and I look forward to your pix of Bermuda/EOS combo once again!

for Cape Liberty....EWR or JFK-you could see NYC....lots to do.

www.cruiseliberty.com

FOr Baltimore....BWI or IAD (about 45 minutes to an hour away....near DC) you could see Baltimore...very nice town...and you could hop on a train...Amtrak or MARC (i think MARC is only on weekdays) and go into Washington, DC.

www.amtrak.com

http://www.mtamaryland.com/services/marc/

http://www.baltimore.org/

in Wash, DC...SOOOOOO much to do.....

www.smithsonian.org

http://www.dctours.us/

as for Norfolk...i guess IAD as well....longer drive....maybe Richmond or Norfolk....(you'd probably have to connect somepalce....) Norfolk/Portsmouth area is very nice...you could get to Virginia Beach and/or Williamsburg pretty easily as well..

that's a start...hth

Thanks for those great suggestions - I've flown into IAD before (to change) so that's very helpful.

Jane

x

Hello! Just got in from the Explorer. Our color was called off about 5:30 tonight. There were 3 other colors called off before us. As we were getting off the ship - they had a sign that said crew would be boarding at 9pm and guests at 10pm :eek: I hope all those getting on were able to board sooner!! I do feel bad for them but there was not much that could be done about it. Looking forward to reading Radio's posts.

On our way home from NYC this afternoon, DH asked if I wanted to stop off and see Explorer. It was around 3:15-3:30 and this is what was handed out to all vehicles heading into Cape Liberty................

noel_letter.jpg

I think they handled the situation very well. Everything at around that time seemed organized- those picking up were ushered in one direction, those dropping off or long term pkg ushered in another direction. Luggage was outside to the right of the terminal (disembarking pax luggage? seemed like way too much to have been embarking pax..but not sure). Porters all over, waiting and available. I just wanted to say that from what we saw, RCI had everything under control at Cape Liberty. :D :) I did take some pics but nothing worth posting lol

Radio, Cant wait for your reviews!!

I was very impressed with RCI when we were on the Explorer back in '05 and they couldn't get into Miami due to Hurricane Jean. We lost a day of the cruise but were more than compensated and treated very well. Everything ran like clockwork with no confusion or problems embarking or disembarking.

Kuddos to RCI...:D

Hello everyone. . . I made it on board the Beautiful Explorer of the Seas.

I arrived at the Pier at 630, and waited in a long long line to get into the terminal. we finally got in at the terminal to check in about 905PM. The check in process was very fast (5 min) By 915 I was in my cabin.

We had the Muster drill at 1015PM, and we are still docked. I am told that we might be sailing at around midnight. I am having problems with the Cybercabin. . .so I am using wi fi right now (very Fast)

I promise to post many pics later. . . hopefully tonight. There has been a whirlwind of activity since I boarded tonight. . . Things will settle down, and this will be a GREAT CRUISE ! !

NYC looks beautiful tonight ! I will try to post a few good pics !

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Hello everyone. . . I made it on board the Beautiful Explorer of the Seas.

I arrived at the Pier at 630, and waited in a long long line to get into the terminal. we finally got in at the terminal to check in about 905PM. The check in process was very fast (5 min) By 915 I was in my cabin.

We had the Muster drill at 1015PM, and we are still docked. I am told that we might be sailing at around midnight. I am having problems with the Cybercabin. . .so I am using wi fi right now (very Fast)

I promise to post many pics later. . . hopefully tonight. There has been a whirlwind of activity since I boarded tonight. . . Things will settle down, and this will be a GREAT CRUISE ! !

NYC looks beautiful tonight ! I will try to post a few good pics !

Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Hi, Radio. We got off the Explorer today. Sorry we had to bring her in so late, but I am glad you are onboard and ready for your journey. We loved the Explorer despite the circumstances and I look forward to your updates on this sailing. I thought the shows were great and the staff is incredibly friendly. Have a wonderful time!!!

Shoo

The check in process was very fast (5 min) By 915 I was in my cabin.

We had the Muster drill at 1015PM, and we are still docked. I am told that we might be sailing at around midnight.

Radio

Was there a big line after you when you checked in? Sure is interetsing to hear it live...I was watching the bow cam/stats from the UM site and at last check five min ago still heading out at 0kts. (Guess they forgot to let the lines loose. :D )

At least the muster was held before it got too late. I guess tomorrow morning will bring a nice day at sea. Enjoy...we will via your posts.

Was there a big line after you when you checked in? Sure is interetsing to hear it live...I was watching the bow cam/stats from the UM site and at last check five min ago still heading out at 0kts. (Guess they forgot to let the lines loose. :D )

At least the muster was held before it got too late. I guess tomorrow morning will bring a nice day at sea. Enjoy...we will via your posts.

Just saw the Explorer web site now shows movement of 1 knot! So hopefully they're under way!

http://www.rsmas.miami.edu/rccl/obs/ex-rt-obs.pl

Theron

Just saw the Explorer web site now shows movement of 1 knot! So hopefully they're under way!

Theron

Yes Theron. . .we got underway at about 1230AM. . . . Right after your post we went under the Verrazanno Bridge. . .

We are finally at sea . My connection is causing a problem though. . .I am currently in the Internet Cafe, and will be unable to post pics until I can get the wifi in gear. . . But tomorrow is another day, and I will work on it until I get it right. It is very strange because I had a great wi fi connection at my last post. . .

Oh Well . Good night everyone. Thanks for tuning in !

(The Welcome aboard show was 1115PM)

Radio

Yes Theron. . .we got underway at about 1230AM. . . . Right after your post we went under the Verrazanno Bridge. . .

We are finally at sea . My connection is causing a problem though. . .I am currently in the Internet Cafe, and will be unable to post pics until I can get the wifi in gear. . . But tomorrow is another day, and I will work on it until I get it right. It is very strange because I had a great wi fi connection at my last post. . .

Oh Well . Good night everyone. Thanks for tuning in !

(The Welcome aboard show was 1115PM)

Radio

Where/when did you eat dinner?

Hi Radio, Glad to hear Explorer set sail and you're on your journey! Im interested what happens with your WiFi connections, last we were on EOS we used cybercabin. From our experience the Cyber cabin was pretty much the same speed at the WiFi while out at sea (& docked in Bermuda)

MerionMom, when we passed thru Cape Liberty yesterday we were told "no dining room tonight" and that there would be buffets set up (I thought I also heard "around the ship"- but DH doesnt recall hearing the same :rolleyes: ) Lead me to beleive it would not be limited to WJ. I wonder if that is how it played out!?

Hi Radio, Glad to hear Explorer set sail and you're on your journey! Im interested what happens with your WiFi connections, last we were on EOS we used cybercabin. From our experience the Cyber cabin was pretty much the same speed at the WiFi while out at sea (& docked in Bermuda)

MerionMom, when we passed thru Cape Liberty yesterday we were told "no dining room tonight" and that there would be buffets set up (I thought I also heard "around the ship"- but DH doesnt recall hearing the same :rolleyes: ) Lead me to beleive it would not be limited to WJ. I wonder if that is how it played out!?

The Dining room was open for Open seating !

Radio

Archived