Soda Card Questions

I'm now seriously considering the soda card, but I have a few more questions:

1. Can I bring my own giant cup so that I can take my club soda back to the room??? I consume large amounts of club soda.

2. Is Orange juice included in the "soda card"? Could i ask for 50% Club soda and 50% orange juice without paying extra?

3. If I'm lazing around and a nice "roving" bartender comes along (just like on tv), can I flash my soda card sticker and get a club soda without paying? Or do I have to tip him? Seems to me that the "tip" was billed upfront in the 15% soda card gratuity.

4. Can I get my club soda at Johnny Rockets and at the theatre for no extra charge?

Thanks for all the help!!!

1. Can I bring my own giant cup so that I can take my club soda back to the room??? I consume large amounts of club soda.

2. Is Orange juice included in the "soda card"? Could i ask for 50% Club soda and 50% orange juice without paying extra?

3. If I'm lazing around and a nice "roving" bartender comes along (just like on tv), can I flash my soda card sticker and get a club soda without paying? Or do I have to tip him? Seems to me that the "tip" was billed upfront in the 15% soda card gratuity.

4. Can I get my club soda at Johnny Rockets and at the theatre for no extra charge?

1. Yes.

2. No. Juice is no longer included with the soda card. Juice, however, is free at breakfast.

3. Yes. True, tip is included, but I'd probably tip if he brought it to me instead of my going up to the bar to get it.

4. Yes. (Although I'm unsure if JR has club soda.)

why don't you carry a 12 pack on with you? I've never been stopped - I have to have caffeine free soda which I can never find...but no one ever even questioned me. And I always bring a quart mug with me - I'm a crystal light addict & keep my cup with me by the pool. Bring a sealable mug to keep your orange juice in your room refrigerator during the day.

why don't you carry a 12 pack on with you? I've never been stopped - I have to have caffeine free soda which I can never find...but no one ever even questioned me. And I always bring a quart mug with me - I'm a crystal light addict & keep my cup with me by the pool. Bring a sealable mug to keep your orange juice in your room refrigerator during the day.

Me, too. Those little individual packets of Crystal Light (or store brand-cheapos ;)) are perfect for cruising. I even brought some Hawaiian Punch packets for the grandsons of a fellow CCer on one cruise. I usually take two covered mugs........somehow, one always seems to go AWOL at some point. :D

When you purchase the Soda sticker they give you an insulated cup. I used this around the pool area and I would have it filled before I would go back to the cabin for the night. I used my soda sticker more than I thought. No matter where I was on the ship I could get a soda and not have to worry about bringing a cup around. The tip is included in the charge when you purchase the sticker.

When you purchase the Soda sticker they give you an insulated cup. I used this around the pool area and I would have it filled before I would go back to the cabin for the night. I used my soda sticker more than I thought. No matter where I was on the ship I could get a soda and not have to worry about bringing a cup around. The tip is included in the charge when you purchase the sticker.

My wife and I cruised to Alaska aboard the Radiance this past September; on this cruise we did not buy a soda card. However, last week we cruised to Canada and New England on a ship from a different cruise line (NCL), and on this cruise I did buy a soda card for the first time. I felt it was a successful experience; I received a large insulated cup when I joined, but for the most part I was content just to show my sticker and get soda in regular glasses. Regardless in what container you prefer, the card usually pays for itself.:)

I'm sure this has been asked but I can't find it anywhere- how much would a soda cost you? I usually have one or two a day (probably lunch and dinner) and I can't figure out if the card is worth it.

Also a cheap question- can I pay for it on my son's card and then use his card to get him a soda for me? He's 4 and it appears that his would be $4 instead of $6 a day. I know... totally cheap but I hate paying for soda!

I'm sure this has been asked but I can't find it anywhere- how much would a soda cost you? I usually have one or two a day (probably lunch and dinner) and I can't figure out if the card is worth it. Look at the post above. :)

Also a cheap question- can I pay for it on my son's card and then use his card to get him a soda for me? He's 4 and it appears that his would be $4 instead of $6 a day. I know... totally cheap but I hate paying for soda! Yes, if honesty is not important to you.

Or you can just buy as you go. I think you can get a can of soda for $1.50 + gratuity.

Just kidding. ;) It's $1.75, but someone always has to post the wrong price on one of these threads.

you can use the soda card at any bars and the waiters who come around even during the shows (they would take my card to show the bartender and i woundnt get charged) we just came back from the empress and we were allowed to get juice orange, apple and tomato(i drank those 3 i dont know about any others) it was $6 per day for the card and if you were to buy a soda onboard they only sell cans and they are $1.95 each plus 15% on top of that so if you drink more then 3 cans of soda a day its worth getting a card

I'm sure this has been asked but I can't find it anywhere- how much would a soda cost you? I usually have one or two a day (probably lunch and dinner) and I can't figure out if the card is worth it.

I think you'd need to drink about 4 per day to have it pay off.

Also a cheap question- can I pay for it on my son's card and then use his card to get him a soda for me? He's 4 and it appears that his would be $4 instead of $6 a day. I know... totally cheap but I hate paying for soda!

That would be considered stealing - rather like going to a buffet, paying for your child's kiddie meal, and then eating yourself.

Not that you asked, but why would a 4 year old need that much soda anyway?

Hi! Thanks for all the advice. To address a few things:

1. I'm going on a 13 day transatlantic this time (read - lots of sea days). Last time, I did the 12 day Med with only 2 sea days and ended up buying my soda from the shore vendors, instead of the ship. This time around, with no other options, I thought I might get my money's worth from the soda card. (though I will admit that the syrup strength was...odd, which saved me lots of money! I was also unpleased about the inconsistency in charging for a soda for the 5 sodas I did buy....once I was charged twice for "one" soda because I offered them my cup, once I wasn't charged at all, twice I was charged for "one" soda, but it took so long to get it (at least 10 mins!), that I didn't need the soda by the time I got it.

2. I've been studying the boards and definitely considered bringing a 12 pack of my drink of choice, Diet Pepsi, since it's not available on board and I'm driving to the port. However, after reading the "policy" that claims that no drink sneaking is allowed...I decided that I have the money to pay and I wasn't interested in ruining my vacation by attempting a sneaky sneaky and getting "caught". The other, more serious issue...I drink 2 litres of club soda a day. I considered just drinking ship water but last time, I recall that finding ship water was difficult (room or Windjammer...nothing in between!) I'm not going to the bathroom faucet for tap water! Not a big deal for 2 sea days, but for 9...it's a huge problem. I can't haul that much club soda!!! So I decided to break down and pay the $6/day and "live it up" (no alcoholic beverages needed, will not do the spa this time, so $6 is a small. affordable luxury to not have to sneak or haul). I also remembered the possibility of a luxurious oj/club soda mimosa-ish drink. Even if I could only get it at breakfast...another tiny, worthwhile luxury. :)

Now, if I only could convince the poolside bar to open a wee bit earlier...life would be good! Those waiters at the dining room don't like to get my morning soda for me...

I was just off of Radiance 3 weeks ago and we were able to get juice with our soda card. Did they stop doing this recently or is it only on certain ships.

Just currious to know before our next cruise.

Thanks for the help

Robert

Yes, it is a recent change, and I've heard varying reports about it. Some have been told no to juices and others have had no problem, as you report.

I think you'd need to drink about 4 per day to have it pay off.

That would be considered stealing - rather like going to a buffet, paying for your child's kiddie meal, and then eating yourself.

Not that you asked, but why would a 4 year old need that much soda anyway?

The soda is for ME not my 4 year old! He only drinks milk and water, won't touch juice with a 10 foot pole.

It's not stealing if I paid for it.

I'm not sure if its the same on RCI as other lines. But if you wait to buy your soda card until after you sail you will save %6 fl sales tax. $2.52 also different counts in fl also have a local tax.

Can you use your soda card in the dinning room on RCI

The soda is for ME not my 4 year old! He only drinks milk and water, won't touch juice with a 10 foot pole.

It's not stealing if I paid for it.

Sure it is. You're know you're not eligible to buy a child's card -- only an adult's card. To borrow from someone else's analogy, it would be the same as going to a buffet, paying the child's price, then eating the meal yourself.

It also won't work in the dining room. The waiter'll ask to see your card, and the sticker will be on his card.

Archived