eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww

I knew there was some reason I like taking my own mug with me on vacation....well guess it was I like a bigger class with ice...now it will always go with me.!

I know there is so many things if we knew we would never go away at all...but that is ewwwwww!

Gross...Gross....Gross!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

While we're on the subject.....once we checked.....and promptly out of a room cause there was semen all over the blanket! They do not change the blankets or spreads from guest to guest, they only change the sheets!!

(There was a thread on this a while back...it was gross too.)

And to think that I had vague negative thoughts when I checked into a Comfort Suites in College Park, Maryland a couple of weeks ago when I saw plastic, wrapped-in-cellophane "glasses" in the bathroom.

NOW I am glad! ;) :eek: :)

LOL!!

I have worked in several hotels and will never use a glass in a hotel room or in a ship's cabin. It's either soda by the can or water in a new bottle :D

I cannot even read the article for fear of getting sick...

###

LMAO!!!!:D

Remember "back in the day", when one of the questions that would be asked in Sex Ed class was, "Can I get pregnant from a toilet seat?"

Who would have thought we would have to worry about BEDSPREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Ok, that YouTube one was really needed for a laugh after the real one on FOX. Can you say, "GROSS!"

Anyone know if they have aired the follow-up to it? They mentioned they were going visit additional hotels the next night. Just curious if they've shared additional info about those additional hotels???

Ok, that YouTube one was really needed for a laugh after the real one on FOX. Can you say, "GROSS!"

Anyone know if they have aired the follow-up to it? They mentioned they were going visit additional hotels the next night. Just curious if they've shared additional info about those additional hotels???

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/myfox/pages/Home/Detail?contentId=4850545&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=1.1.1 Heres Part Two!

Remember "back in the day", when one of the questions that would be asked in Sex Ed class was, "Can I get pregnant from a toilet seat?"

Who would have thought we would have to worry about BEDSPREADS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I have heard stories about what they do with your toothbrush. I don't leave that out for them to find either.:eek:

They do bring up a good point in the video. How many times do you see the housekeeping cart with clean glasses loaded up? It also has me thinking about the cruise ships. I will look closely next week on board the Navigator.

I noticed this on the Mariner last week. I had a bunch of soda cups stacked up in my room on the desk. The room attendant came in and only took the ones from the bathroom away to his cart. When I looked at the cart to see the replacements for the glasses there were none. That is when I realized the room attendant is responsible for "washing" the glasses and returning to the same holder in the bath room. He had nothing to properly wash them with in the cabin sink. I decided that moment that I would not drink out of those glasses either on a ship or in a hotel unless they were wrapped and disposable.

Also, I had the worst cabin attendant I have ever had. The first day on board I did not have my flip flops on in the cabin and got an old contact lens stuck to my foot and neither of us wear contacts. When I looked closely, the carpet was filled with hair and sand etc. it was gross. I asked him to vacuum and he did. After that I never saw or heard a vacuum on my hall the rest of the week. The housekeepers are only as good as what they consider cleanliness to be.

They do bring up a good point in the video. How many times do you see the housekeeping cart with clean glasses loaded up? It also has me thinking about the cruise ships. I will look closely next week on board the Navigator.

They certainly had a cart loaded up with clean glasses every day in the corridor on my last cruise.

I used to work in housekeeping when I was an intern. I can say that when <i>I</i> cleaned rooms, I would never let things like this happen. Its not everyone nor everywhere. If it does happen, its usually a matter of the housekeepers not having the resources. Sometimes it was impossible to find clean glasses in my building, so I went to others... some housekeepers did not.

Not that that makes anyone feel better. :(

I noticed this on the Mariner last week. I had a bunch of soda cups stacked up in my room on the desk. The room attendant came in and only took the ones from the bathroom away to his cart. When I looked at the cart to see the replacements for the glasses there were none. That is when I realized the room attendant is responsible for "washing" the glasses and returning to the same holder in the bath room. He had nothing to properly wash them with in the cabin sink. I decided that moment that I would not drink out of those glasses either on a ship or in a hotel unless they were wrapped and disposable.

Also, I had the worst cabin attendant I have ever had. The first day on board I did not have my flip flops on in the cabin and got an old contact lens stuck to my foot and neither of us wear contacts. When I looked closely, the carpet was filled with hair and sand etc. it was gross. I asked him to vacuum and he did. After that I never saw or heard a vacuum on my hall the rest of the week. The housekeepers are only as good as what they consider cleanliness to be.

Yeah, when I was on my last cruise in April aboard the Explorer Of The Seas I took a lint roller to the carpet of my cabin. I rolled the lint roller back and forth about 3 times and the tape of the lint roller was filled with dirt and tons of hairs! It was disgusting! I took a few pictures of the lint roller and I’ll try and post them tomorrow!

They certainly had a cart loaded up with clean glasses every day in the corridor on my last cruise.

Yeah, but this one has to be the best. It's a must see!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMt9XuUG2k8

In bad taste but funny!!!

By the way, every time I am on a cruise ship I get the soda package. Everytime I get that tall mug. Everytime I wish I brought dish detergent to clean it. Everytime I promise to write it down to remember for next time. Every "next time" I forget to bring dish detergent. If you brought a little of that you could wash it yourself and be sure it was clean.

Do not handle the TV remote control in hotel rooms or anywhere until you have disinfected it yourself with alcohal wipes.They are the number 1 most dirty item in a hotel room.Trust me. Thesawch

I don't have a problem with things like remote controls and door handles - its a given that they will be dirty. But you can easily wash your hands.

Archived