Have you ever been on the same ship twice?

trevette1981

Ok, my sister and I went on the Sensation in May. I just learned we have a family cruise coming up for the same ship and itinerary.

Is it really horrible the 2nd time around? Am I going to get board?

But then, I thought about it, I could see the things I wanted to see, but couldn't because of other excursions.

What do y'all think??

I was about to answer you no then I remembered we did the Disney Wonder twice with the same ports. It was not bad at all. I am not a huge Bahamas fan so we did not get off the last time on the Wonder.

I am currently booked on the Sovereign for my second time. I am glad I am going back on her since she will be going to Spain soon.

I have a feeling once the Fascination is in JAX we will be on her a lot.

We have been on the same ship twice and it was great both times. My 25 year old son has been on 3 cruises all on the same ship with same itinerary and he had a blast each time he went with different people each time so I think that helped.

I have often wondered the same thing..so I am looking forward to more responses to see the input on this.

I know that I already want to re-visit the Inspiration because it was our first cruise and that is for sentimental reasons...also she just got a fantastic "Face-lift".

I don't think I would hesitate going back on the Pride and Spirit again either.

I was on the Conquest this past February and will be on her once again February 08 - I'm very much excited the 2nd time around. I will get to do things I didn't do on the 1st cruise. As far as ports go - I get to do something different as well. There is always three or four things I would like to do while in port...by going on the same ship the only way to do this!:D

A cruise is a cruise is a cruise....to me anyways.;)

Oh, I don't go for the ship - just to get away.

Another line has a ship I sailed 8 times (great itinerary and the dates I had off just worked). CCL Destiny 4 times. Again, the ports are the big draw for me. The ships both became more friendly each time I sailed, increase ease of finding my favorite places on board and we even got to see some favorite crew members and once, when sailing with a special friend for our birthdays, the Capt knew our names and that we were doing a BD cruise! That was a pleasant surprise perk

We have sailed the Elation twice. First time in '04 when she was still in Galveston Then we booked the Ecstasy in '05 right after Katrina hit and they sent her to New Orleans for extra housing purposes. Elation was put in her place which put us on her again. It was okay, still had a wonderful time.

We booked another cruise on the Conquest again becasue there was a lot that we just did not get to do or see. We are looking forward to another round.

I booked on the Conquest again because I love the ship...

This will be my third sailing on the Conquest, my second on the Inspiration.

To the OP... yeah... you'll have a great time... don't worry about it just enjoy!!!

:D

We're booked for our fourth cruise on Victory next summer - all out of NYC to Canada. This will probably be the last, since she's taking over Destiny's route out of San Juan next fall. The only activity that I don't care to repeat is the main shows; we went to both "Vrooom" and "Living in America" on the first two cruises, but by cruise 3 we decided to let others have the seats in the main lounge and find something else to do.

We sailed the Crown Princess twice. First time was Jan 2007, and then again Oct 2007. First time was much more exciting then the second time, as your new to the ship and excited to check out the entire ship from top to bottom ... the second time in one year, you know all the public areas, and are much more relaxed as things are not as new and exciting, but I would do a ship more then once again .... a cruise is always great no matter how many times you do it.

Another line has a ship I sailed 8 times (great itinerary and the dates I had off just worked). CCL Destiny 4 times. Again, the ports are the big draw for me. The ships both became more friendly each time I sailed, increase ease of finding my favorite places on board and we even got to see some favorite crew members and once, when sailing with a special friend for our birthdays, the Capt knew our names and that we were doing a BD cruise! That was a pleasant surprise perk

Four times on the Destiny! Wow! I can't wait for my first cruise on that ship!

I'm happy on any ship (although I haven't had any repeats yet). DH likes a new look all the time -- that's why we had to try RCCL this year. Back to CCL though in 08. I'm afraid I will have to take another year off Carnival in 09... maybe Princess... but I'll be happy on any ship.

I'm doing my 7th on the Ecstasy soon...

for many reasons:

4 night cruises are easier for me to get away for

great sized ship - easy to navigate

less than 2100 passengers

1 hour drive to the port

Woo Hoo...84 more days!

Archived