Have you ever been on the same ship twice?

trevette1981

I've repeated myself quite a few times, three times on the same itinerary (once with the same cruise director).

Although each of them I found I was repeating myself, and some shows, I still had a great time.

I find it's really the different passengers that make the difference.

The Little Woman and I had so much fun on the Fantasy we booked the same cruise, same suite a second time. We went to different places when we got to our ports of call .... and we attended different on-board activities, when we weren't chillin' and napping. If you get bored, go get something from the pizza bar!

We do on the 4 night Imagination tour, I love it! We do different things each year, I enjoy seeing the same crew and smile at the new faces, too.

Love the ship and can't wait to see the refurb! We do longer ones in the fall, and on different ones. Next year probably two short, because we are donig Hawaii april of 2009

I have sailed the same ships, same Itineraries a lot of times (over 23 cruises) even one back to back on the same ship. If you like the ship and are planning to go in say 6 ro 8 months after yur first one, yuo are likly to encounter the some of the same crew and entertainers that where there before.

You already know the ship, as for the ports, there are so many things to do in most of the ports that you can't see everything the first time anyway. so pick something you didn't see the last time and enjoy it. as for the crew, if you got to know them before they will be happy to see you again and will tend to give you better service the second time because you have sailed with them before.

I've sailed on Celebration 3 times and have a fourth scheduled in January. It's like going back to visit a dear friend. I'll miss her when she's gone, but I'm also looking forward to sailing on Fascination. I've also sailed on Miracle twice - once out of Jacksonville (Almost her maiden voyage) and last year out of Tampa. I don't mind repeating ships or itineraries. I never get tired of having a room steward, a chef, a waiter, live entertainment every day, and room service at my beck and call. What's not to love-----just get me on the ship----any ship!!!!!

Have you ever been on the same ship twice?

Yes, our first two cruise were on the same ship, Carnival Elation, withing 4 months. We loved it. We had the same wait staff and the same room steward. Could not have been more fun. We did something different at each port and have more memories to make.

Dave

that started way back in the 60's, when there were'nt, so many to choose from and sadly most are gone on with my footprints on the deck. Got to know the crews so well, even planned trips to Europe to visit with them and their families. Nothing like going back to where you were always welcomed, and it still holds true today. So, I'm still making footprints, with years of happy memories. With 9 more booked , I'm still finding new adventures with every cruise, repeat or different.

There is an advantage to taking a ship a second time (or more) in that you are already familiar with the lay out of the ship. You will not spend half of your cruise trying to find your way around. You will feel right at home right away. You also can take in things you did not get to take advantage of on the prior cruise not only just excursions, but shows and exhibitions you missed previously.

That's what I was thinking. I could bypass the stuff I didn't like. Plus, the excursions I missed because I couldn't do all of them in one day.

THANKS!

either1 :confused:

Board..

A slip of the keyboard, no biggie.....

Board? :confused:

Bored? Nope, not that, either1

2nd cruise on Fantasy was a substitute (don't even remember what ship we booked for, but it went to NO for Katrina relief, I think - Celebration?), so 2nd Fantasy was a different itinery.

Then we did the same itinerary December because we loved it, but went on Elation, which was a sister ship and loved it again. Finally knew our way around the ship, love HMC, and loved Elation's more subdued decor.

We have been on the Elation twice and next week we will be boarding the Ecstasy for the second time. It is so easy to drive to Galveston although we did drive to Port Canaveral earlier this year to cruise the Glory. Twice we have driven to New Orleans but mostly we drive to Galveston. Sure makes it easy to cruise. Travelgirl

Ok, my sister and I went on the Sensation in May. I just learned we have a family cruise coming up for the same ship and itinerary.

Is it really horrible the 2nd time around? Am I going to get board?

But then, I thought about it, I could see the things I wanted to see, but couldn't because of other excursions.

What do y'all think??

I have not been on the same ship twice, nor am I scheduled to be anytime soon. In fact, I have not been on more than one ship of any class, until June 2009 when I will repeat a class.

However, I have toured a ship that I sailed on, and it was fun already knowing where everything was. Also, I have been on a ship that was basically just a bigger version of the prior class, and it was nice not needing a map to get around.

When I go on the Victory next year, I expect everything will be in the same place as it was on the Glory, since the Glory is basically just a bigger version of the Victory. So once again, I'll be on a new ship and not need a map to get around.

We did the ELATION three times in a row. On the first trip, we missed stopping in Belize because of high winds so I booked it again so we could go cavetubing. Then we booked the ECSTACY and Katrina hit.. ECSTACY was sent New Orleans for FEMA and we were put on the ELATION again. Twice isn't too bad. Three times could be over the limit for most people. The best part was, I am the type of person that can have a good time at a funeral, plus, we knew where all of the hottubs were.

Every time I see your siggy, I m pleasantly reminded of a Young man who worked on a "special adult" program in our hotel. He was there 3 days week tidying up the lobby for us. I havent thought of him in a while, but a smile comes to my face, as it previously did as he always told my hubby.."sir, you are wearing your "clackey" shoes today ! Thanks for reminding me of Richard..the Luckycruzer

It really is like visiting an old friend again. I've done the Elation twice, the Grand Princess twice, and am looking to book the Conquest for the 2nd time for Oct. '09. While I love sailing on all the different ships, there is something to be said for sailing the same ship again. It feels more like home. :)

Archived