Another Smuggling Question

Hayward2

I am semi new to RCC. It's been 12 years + that I have sailed with them. I have been reading the postings on alcohol on board, bring it on the ship and not being able to buy alcohal on the ship to bring to your room.:mad: One of the pleaseues of a cruise is being able to sit on your balcony at the end of the day or evening with a cocktail. enjoying the view. Room service or running to the bar just doesn't do it. I can understand the revenue factor for RCC of not wanting people to bring liquor on board but not being able to by a bottle of alcohol from the ship seems repressive. And no, we are not drunks. It's being able, as an adult, to enjoy a cocktail responsibly on your private balcony. At this point, I am considering canceling the cruise with RCC and rebooking with another cruise line.

Can any recent past cruisers share with me their experiences on RCC ships and the EOS in particular smuggling alcohol on board and or having alcohol visible in your cabin?:confused:

There's a fair chance you could get some alcohol on with you, but there's also a fair chance they would detect and confiscate it. If it's really that important to you that it will ruin your cruise not to have a bottle of alcohol in your cabin, booking with another line that allows a bar set-up would probably be your best option.

Just one of the many reasons for this rule is to help control how much people consume, given recent overboard incidents. Most cruise lines are the same way lately.

But if not being able to bring your own alcohol on board is so important to you that your are considering cancelling, perhaps this cruise isn't for you.

I am with you.....lets just say that THIS RULE SUCKS $@!!! :mad: There, I feel a tish better!! :p I understand the "reasons" why RCI has there Alcohol policy but I think they need to be a little flexible and change their policies to limit each person to bringing on 1 bottle of liquor!! That is a compramise that I think would make both sides happy!! :D

Another idea to comply with this SUCKY rule and enjoy your cocktails out on your balcony is to order a few of your favorite shots and take them back to your room to mix your own drink with!! Inconvienient I know but what can a person do?? :o

We pack a small suitcase (checked-in) with 24 oz. bottles of Diet Pepsi and water (in ziplock bags). Also packed a wine box (1-1/3 bottle size) in this and one in carry-on bag. No problem. We each also had a bottle of Pepsi/water in an insulated bottle carrier with shoulder strap which was carried. No one bothered checking to see actually what kind of liquid was in these bottles if you get my drift. Now, I have no doubt at all that if we were in the 18-22 age group these bottles might have been checked, but . . . . Our last two cruises were on Explorer.

There is a company based out of Miami called "Just Because of You" and they deliver gift baskets to your cabin prior to departing.

I scheduled a 'basket' of 12 beers and candies to be in my cabin prior to departing Seattle and the whole thing including delivery was about $28. Now you're thinking $28 for 12 beers??? are you crazy????

Well I would much rather pay $2 a beer for a delivery basket, than $5 a beer plus tip from the ship bar service.

The company name is: Just Because of You.

The number (I believe) is 800-882-9707.

Have Fun!!!

There is a company based out of Miami called "Just Because of You" and they deliver gift baskets to your cabin prior to departing.

I scheduled a 'basket' of 12 beers and candies to be in my cabin prior to departing Seattle and the whole thing including delivery was about $28. Now you're thinking $28 for 12 beers??? are you crazy????

Well I would much rather pay $2 a beer for a delivery basket, than $5 a beer plus tip from the ship bar service.

Have Fun!!!

Just an FYI, Just Because of You is no longer allowed to make deliveries to RCCL.

Have Fun!!!

I'd be very careful before taking this suggestion. There was recently a thread about this company. Evidently RCCL recently changed their policy and no longer allows delivery of the gift baskets that contain alcohol. This left the company with many orders which they were no longer able to deliver.

Several posters expressed that they were having difficult getting the payments they had made for the gift baskets refunded.

My wife and I, like most people, carry water bottles with us most everywhere. We drank the water while on shore, then bought CLEAR liquor to refilll them with and carried them right back on board.

Clear Rum mostly, Coconut, vanilla etc. I'm sure vodka would work as well.

One time I was asked to show the bottle (It is in an insulated carrier with a shoulder strap) but other than that, I have never been questioned.

We use larger water bottles and can pour an entire bottle of rum in one.

My wife and I, like most people, carry water bottles with us most everywhere. We drank the water while on shore, then bought CLEAR liquor to refilll them with and carried them right back on board.

Clear Rum mostly, Coconut, vanilla etc. I'm sure vodka would work as well.

One time I was asked to show the bottle (It is in an insulated carrier with a shoulder strap) but other than that, I have never been questioned.

We use larger water bottles and can pour an entire bottle of rum in one.

Thanks Maler.....Why don't you just sky write it over the port of Miami!!! :p Now it is going to be an even longer wait in line as they "sniff" everyones water bottles!! :p Dang...RCI is going to know all our tricks pretty soon!! :rolleyes::D

Can any recent past cruisers share with me their experiences on RCC ships and the EOS in particular smuggling alcohol on board and or having alcohol visible in your cabin?:confused:

This person isn't asking for you opinions, he is asking for recent experiences of people trying to get alcohol on board. Why does everyone have to jump in with the rules when he mentions smuggling? Also I've seen many previous threads where people say that if you need a drink to enjoy your cruise you must have a drinking problem which is very harsh. If our kids played like this on the playground, we would call the down on it. We cruise soon, so I am interested in the the appropriate responses to these questions.

A lot of posters consider RCCL alcohol policy as being much too severe. We prefer to think of it as something that stimulates a person's sense of cunning and creativity. There is no reason for the OP to the cancel the cruise. Take the challenge!

This person isn't asking for you opinions, he is asking for recent experiences of people trying to get alcohol on board. Why does everyone have to jump in with the rules when he mentions smuggling? Also I've seen many previous threads where people say that if you need a drink to enjoy your cruise you must have a drinking problem which is very harsh. If our kids played like this on the playground, we would call the down on it. We cruise soon, so I am interested in the the appropriate responses to these questions.

Please read the replies again and this time NOTE all the :D & :p WE have a sense of humor around these parts!! :D

they were asking us to open water bottles so they could "sniff" them as we boarded the Navigator after being in ports last march. :eek: My husband had on Cargo shorts with the pockets stuffed as full as they could be with mini bottles. He walked on fine. :D

Seems the situation is different on every cruise. I say limit the passengers to ONE, take to the cabin bottle from the ships liquor store. It would be easy to keep track of with the sea and sign account. Anything over one bottle has to be stored for delivery on last night. In the past, we always had a bottle of Baily's for our morning coffee. The rule has really made that difficult. Baily's is hard to smuggle. I have had it taken away while boarding twice. :( On our last Carnival cruise I told them it was just my coffee creamer and they were not amused!:mad:

I always make sure I order the champagne or wine before I leave. The bottle is in my cabin when I arrive. ;) And always on ice.

We always pack a bottle of whiskey and a box of wine in our checked luggage. If they want to take it and return it to us the last day, so be it. However, this has never happened, so we always have our own drinks on the balcony. The bottle stays in plain sight. We have cruised 5 times since the "new" alcohol policy BTW.

We always pack a bottle of whiskey and a box of wine in our checked luggage. If they want to take it and return it to us the last day, so be it. However, this has never happened, so we always have our own drinks on the balcony. The bottle stays in plain sight. We have cruised 5 times since the "new" alcohol policy BTW.

Well, Hayward2 IF this is not a "personal experience", I don't know what is!! :p

To answer your question, yes, we have taken things in our checked luggage and never had a problem. Just did it on the Sovereign and we have done it on the EOS. Plan to do it again on the Liberty. If they take it, so be it, but so far in all the cruises we have been on, they have never taken a thing. We leave it open in the room, in fact, we ask our cabin person to get ice in our cooler for us, so he sees what is in there, and we still have never had an issue.

Take some and enjoy it.

A lot of posters consider RCCL alcohol policy as being much too severe. We prefer to think of it as something that stimulates a person's sense of cunning and creativity.

Yes!!!!! Exactly!

And boy did my sense of creativity reach new heights on my last cruise! "Get creative" is the best advice I can give without divulging my smuggling secrets. Water bottles=kid's stuff. :D

Archived