Heels with swimsuit

MISSSNOOPYGIRL

Only when I'm participating in beauty pageants.:D Seriously, I can't imagine wearing high heeled thongs around the pool - that's dangerous territory and you could sustain a nasty fall! Good luck.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

You will be about the only one in heels--slipping and sliding around the deck! Do it if you want--it will give the other passengers something to talk about!

She isn't referring to stilettos .....

And no...she won't be the only one.....:rolleyes:

MISSSNOOPYGIRL...Lets just say that I truthfully do not own a pair of shoes that do not have some kind of heel on them, and that includes my flip flips and sandals! ( No, yep, I take that back... My gym shoes are flat:D )

My short legs need all the help they can get!

I was envisioning one of those Victorias Secret TV commercials:confused: .

I personally Know Misssnoopygirl and don't notice anything bad or wrong with the way she looks.........Of course she is always wearing clothes so I guess she could be hiding something....:eek:

( Hi M!!! )

Dave:eek:

Does anyone else wear heels with their swimsuit? I wear about 2 inch heel rubber thongs, because I definitely think it makes me look slimmer and my legs sexier! But I'm just worried I may fall 1 day! (Haven't yet but those decks so get dang slippery!)

On a cruise with slippery decks I don't think anyone should wear heels poolside, rubber or otherwise.

If I were in a beauty pageant posing and walking I'd be thinking that the heels made me sexier, taller, slimmer etc..but on a cruise ship..no!! Now if you plan on just walking back and forth in a swimsuit with heels, go for it!!

Cabin.. to the pool deck.. to the chair, no need for heels. If you swim or go in the hot tubs, no one will see your legs anyway!!!

Even in my "hottie" days I wouldn't wear heels with a swimsuit!

Now 20 years ago I might have checked out rubber thongs with heels!!!(LOL)

Enjoy!!

Pam

I'm trying to recall anyone wearing heels at the pool, even rubber ones. But I suppose I'm too busy looking out at the ocean to even notice what people have on their feet. I just take my trusty old black flip flops, I kick them off as soon as I sit down and only wear them for the trip back and forth to the cabin.

Two inches certainly doesn't qualify for "high heels", especially if they are those rubber thongs that are more like wedges. If you can safely walk in them on a slippery surface, you should be fine. If you have any problem walking in them at all, they may turn out to be a disaster.

I wouldn't want to put my vacation at jeopardy by chancing a fall in footwear I didn't feel comfortable in on my cruise.

They make shoes called "deck shoes" (otherwise known as docksiders or topsiders) for a reason!

But if you feel comfortable, by all means go for it.

I just keep remembering all the cruises when the Captain came over the loudspeaker to announce that the seas were rough and they ask all women to refrain from wearing heels. I guess I don't see the reason because to be honest, no one looks at whether you're wearing heels or flip flops. I don't think anyone cares if you look a tiny bit taller. You're just going to sit by the pool.

I'm totally in agreement with Kitty9 on this subject. When I first read the original post, my first thought was who is looking? And if they are looking, will they notice an appreciable difference in a pair of legs adorned with two inch heels? And even if they do notice a difference, what then? Will the wearer even know if anyone noticed? Or care?

Maybe I'm just way too practical. The way I see it, the Sexy Legs contest is to judge men's legs, not women's, so I'd wear comfy, practical shoes.

You should just wear whatever you want. Being aware that heels with swimwear, like many other slightly provocative style choices, make many women tsk tsk and many men, like this one, take particular notice.

they always wore them in the old Love Boat shows-on true Hollywood story i learned they also wore hose to make their legs look more sexy.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived