We Love to Cruise But...

sagiv666

RCCL's fuel charge is nothing compared to what Disney charges per day per park - not to mention they've made a lot of things that used to be included extra now too. I feel more taken advantage of at WDW then I ever do on a cruise and the value for my money is far greater at sea (on a line other then the high priced DCL) then at WDW.

Buy one bottle of water at WDW and it covers the fuel charge for one day! Talk about being fleeced:eek:

Last year we did Disney for spring break- stayed a week at Animal Kingdom Lodge, flew there, did the Disney Dining Plan, stood in line after line after line, were so exhausted by the end of the week that all 4 of us were actually glad to be going home.

This year for spring break, 5 of us are doing Voyager out of Galveston- spending a little over half (probably more like 70%) of what 4 of us did on Disney, and I guarantee you that on the last day, we will not be happy to leave!

I will say that the food was superior on the Dining Plan- California Grill, O'hana's, Le Cellier, etc, but we paid quite a bit extra for it. If I don't want dining room food, I can go to Portofino's or Chops (though not on Voyager), and it won't cost me as much as it did at Disney.

All in all, cruising for us is a very affordable and enjoyable vacation, and my only wish is that I could do more!

I have been going to WDW since I was a baby and I still love it. People can bash it all they want. :D I have done the free dining the past 3 years and stayed at POP Century. That is a little over $100/night including your hotel, 1 sit down meal, 1 counter service meal, and 1 snack - appetizers, drinks and desserts included. Then pay for your park ticket which comes out to be a little over $200 for the week. I also get $49 one way SW airfare from DC to MCO and do not need to rent a car because of the WDW bus system. I personally don't think it is costs very much but I am from right outside DC where a bottle of water here costs the same as inside WDW.

We spend much more money on our cruises as we tend to drink more, gamble more, and do expensive excursions. I also just paid $410 RT to San Juan to start my cruise. We love to do both and plan on enjoying both of them in the future but I think to say WDW is much more expensive then cruising is not always 100% accurate. We have found it very much the opposite in the grand total of things. Plus, I love hearing "Have a magical day!" PLEASE don't flame me - I also like to hear RCCL cruise horns. :D

RCCL's fuel charge is nothing compared to what Disney charges per day per park - not to mention they've made a lot of things that used to be included extra now too. I feel more taken advantage of at WDW then I ever do on a cruise and the value for my money is far greater at sea (on a line other then the high priced DCL) then at WDW.

So true, but sometimes one has to get the Magic. New Years we did both GOS and WDW, that got expensive, however had we done DCL and WDW, it would have been almost 2X the total price. :eek:

So true, but sometimes one has to get the Magic. New Years we did both GOS and WDW, that got expensive, however had we done DCL and WDW, it would have been almost 2X the total price. :eek:

So true, we are going down to Orlando for a real estate convention and plan to spend one day in the parks, most likely Animal Kingdom this time as I have to try the new roller coaster being a roller coaster freak ( which at almost 60, I never get tired of).

So true, we are going down to Orlando for a real estate convention and plan to spend one day in the parks, most likely Animal Kingdom this time as I have to try the new roller coaster being a roller coaster freak ( which at almost 60, I never get tired of).

RCCL's fuel charge is nothing compared to what Disney charges per day per park - not to mention they've made a lot of things that used to be included extra now too.

I am a huge Disneyland fan and I post a lot on one of the Disney message boards also.

This is what some of the long time Disney fans post there.

I don't feel that Disney treats there loyal customers very good!

The cutbacks are killing teh Disney magic.

All the company wants to do now is make money!

The food is not as good as it use to be!

They nickle and dime you to death!

The pictures they take of you at the park cost to much money!

What is better Disneyland or Disney world!

Can Disney Live up to our expectations?

Disneyland was better in the old days!

Every ride they make now is tied to a pixar movie!

we even had one person say that he was going to boycott Disney so he could send a message to management.

They are the same complaints as we have here, just change Disney to cruise and its just different sides of the same coin!

Archived