We Love to Cruise But...

sagiv666

As long as Royal Caribbean keep surprising us with one cutback or surcharge after another, I'll keep repeating how we feel. It's easy -- let them act normal and we will continue to enjoy cruising without complaints!:(

RCCL needs to raise their prices and offer the product they provided 10+ years ago!

###

Has Disney ever gotten a toll-free number? For years we had to pay to call them for information!:(

NO KIDDING!!! WHAT is the deal with that????? :confused:

Enjoy Micky the Mouse and that money grubbing organization.

....that is too cheap to get an 800 number!!! LOL

NO KIDDING!!! WHAT is the deal with that????? :confused:

....that is too cheap to get an 800 number!!! LOL

No, that is called Maximizing Profits, why give it away, when you don't need to. Will that stop you from calling them to make a reservation. It is not being cheap at all. It is knowing the product you have and taking advantage of it.

To your satisfaction? What would be to your satisfaction?

Rumor 1: No more lobster

Rebuttal: Several posters including myself say that there is still lobster and will be there

Rumor 2: No more brown sugar.

Rebuttal: several posters stated (including myself) that there is brown sugar

Should I go on?

To satisfy you, do we need to bring you a lobster back? With an authentic stamp "Royal Caribbean"? Lemme see, maybe the logo store has one.

;)

Should you go on. Of course. It wouldn't matter if I added, once again, to your satisfaction. Of course you haven't talked about the dumbing down of the cruise experience that some people have concerns with (of course to have an opinion on this you should have experience cruising for many years). Or the more recent concerns with RCL handling of the fuel surcharge issue, the dining room dress, smoking, alcohol, etc. Have you ever called RCL on an issue more than once and been able to get the same answer twice.

Should I go on?

These are concerns and many more on these threads that folks have. Just because you don't have the same concerns, doesn't make them less real to the people who do.

But again, may I reiterate, you should add, rebutted "to your satisfaction". But please, pay me no mind, continue to pat yourself on the back.

As long as Royal Caribbean keep surprising us with one cutback or surcharge after another, I'll keep repeating how we feel. It's easy -- let them act normal and we will continue to enjoy cruising without complaints!:(

I respect your opinion, but could you please explain just what cutbacks that have happened that you are talking about. I have 2 future cruises booked, and would certainly like to know what is going on

Thank You.

If all the people who are ticked off canceled their cruises, I'm sure RCCL would find another way to fund their increased fuel costs. Unfortunately, it is too late for many of us to make other arrangements. However, it could affect our future cruises. We were much more impressed with the way NCL handled the fuel surcharge by giving notice in advance and adding the surcharge to future bookings.

It annoys me that unlike taxes and port fees, not everyone on our cruise will be paying the $60pp fuel surcharge on our February cruise. Rather than canceling our cruise, we will offset the surcharge by bringing on our own wine and skipping the specialty restaurants. I'm sure some people will take it out of their tips but I won't do that unless someone gives me bad service--which did happen on our of our RCCL cruises, which is one reason I dislike traditional dining.

We'll also be at Disney in January following a Carnival cruise from Pt Canaveral. This is a great time to visit Disney because temps are comfortable and humidity is low and there are no long lines. I hope you enjoy your vacation and find a great cruise at a bargain price next time.

The effect on future cruises could be, and by a very slim chance there is a class action suit, or even if the FL AG stepped in and made them stop, what if it happened and RCCL decided to get around it in the future, was to not hold the booking price until the fare was "paid in full". How would that make people feel?? I think leave well enough alone, no matter how we may feel about it.

This is just a general statement of everyone on CC.....

Why do people listen to others complain and then take what they say to heart?? EVERYONE ON CC IS MAYBE 20% of the WHOLE cruising industry. I use these boards to find out information and get ideas for future cruises excursions etc., which is what they should be used for....

just my 2 cents worth....

GREG

Haha. Not even close. CC population is less than 1% of cruisers.

There are certainly some nasty people on these boards who seem to respond to OP with glee at their chance to spew their sarcasm. Hope none of you are on my cruises!

Why do you take the time to respond to an opinion? It is their opinion, their choice and the negative comments are unwarranted.

If enough people happen to share their opinions and choose not to cruise, then I suspect that the cruise lines will "get the message". That is the crux of the marketplace.

If you took a moment to see that the OP posted the same thing time after time after time, you would realize that this was just their way of getting attention. Enough is enough.

As a Canadian who enjoyed my first cruise almost 10 years I have paid a premium of 30 -50% on every dollar that I spent on a cruise vacation. With our dollar now at par with the USD it was a real treat to see the Visa bill after our November cruise and not have to pay a premium for our vacation.

We just booked a February cruise which we would not have been able to do if our dollar was weak.

I think that for every US resident that is cancelling a cruise holiday due to the fuel surcharge or rumored lobster cutbacks there will be two Canadians ready to take their place.

I hope people do stop cruising and I hope they do raise the fare of a cruise. I think that is one of the problems today compared to 10 years ago....they have gotten so cheap you have a lot of cheap people cruising..........and honestly they are not the same experience as they once were............................but it won't stop me.

Should you go on. Of course. It wouldn't matter if I added, once again, to your satisfaction. Of course you haven't talked about the dumbing down of the cruise experience that some people have concerns with (of course to have an opinion on this you should have experience cruising for many years). Or the more recent concerns with RCL handling of the fuel surcharge issue, the dining room dress, smoking, alcohol, etc. Have you ever called RCL on an issue more than once and been able to get the same answer twice.

Should I go on?

These are concerns and many more on these threads that folks have. Just because you don't have the same concerns, doesn't make them less real to the people who do.

But again, may I reiterate, you should add, rebutted "to your satisfaction". But please, pay me no mind, continue to pat yourself on the back.

Go for it Mike. Elaborate.

I figured that much. Smoke and mirrors.

Just throwing something out there and leave it hanging. Cool.

Huh??? Perhaps if you stick with the subject matter.....remember, all criticisms have been rebutted. I realize these threads are easily taken off topic....but this is what I had commented on. Perhaps this helps you, perhaps not.

Smoke and mirrors, as I said, those that get it............

It is clear. The OP has decided cruising (at least in the short term) is not for him. IMO it's his loss. I will not deprive myself of what I consider a wonderful vacation to prove any point.

The OP is not bashing anyone. He is stating his desire not to cruise and why, albeit repeatedly and on various threads. However, he and others who agree have the priveledge to state their opinion just as I and others have the priveledge to disagree for my or our own reasons.

OP: Please don't take this my post personally.

This is a cruising community. Maybe you should ask yourself, if you have no desire to cruise anymore especially on RCCL, why continue to post on a cruising message board and especially on an RCCL forum where you are surrounded by avid RCCL cruisers?

OP, you have stated your are not going to patron RCCL especially since the fuel surcharge. You have your reasons, that point is clear. Your posts since that announcement have been affected and it shows, when it comes to other RCCL topics as well. There is a difference however, between voicing an opinion and attempting to gather a following. This is not the board to convince others not to cruise and not the forum to convince others not to patron RCCL. IMO that's what your posts have become. I apologize if I'm out of line, like I stated it's my opinion.

As far as the rest of us. Let's try not take this to the personal level. There has been plenty of "basher vs. cheerleader" heat going on and pretty much everyone has catagorized each other by now. Agree to disagree and move on. If it's too difficult, there's an ignore feature that'll do the work for you. I choose not to use it, but that's me.

Happy sailing..... (or flying, or driving, or whatever you're going to do now).:)

My wife and I are not happy by the way Royal Caribbean seems to be ignoring the feelings of those who look forward to cruising, not only by the fuel surcharges, but also by the cutbacks we are hearing about. My wife and I have decided not to cruise for a while, hoping to send a message to Royal Caribbean and to the other cruise lines. At the same time, my daughter has gone down to Disneyworld with one of her girlfriends and with her uncle, and her excitement is rubbing off on us (my wife and I are 59 and 60 years young, respectively).

We are hoping to use one of our timeshares to take a trip to Florida and enjoy Orlando ourselves. It's nice having an alternative, although we look forward to cruising again as soon as we see more concern for their passengers as shown by Royal Caribbean and other cruise lines cruise.

I admit that I skipped pages 2-4, but you have posted numerous times about the wonderful time you had on the Radiance in September, a mere 2 months ago. Why, then, would you stop cruising based on what you read on Cruise Critic?:confused:

Really, Carol, don't be so modest!:rolleyes:

I don't usually hang out on the Cruise Line Boards since they are often nasty and sarcastic. This one is no exception. Was just curious to see what people are saying about RCL. We just returned yesterday from a cruise on RCL - a repositioning cruise from Baltimore to Tampa - via Bermuda and 5 stops in the Caribbean.

This was our first and probably our last cruise on RCL. There were many good things on the cruise - for example, we had the best waiter and assistant waiter of any cruise we have ever taken. We loved the itinerary. However, there were many things we just didn't care for and we concluded that RCL is probably not for us. We love Holland America but there will be many of you who dislike HAL. My point is that there is probably a cruise line for everyone. Just because you don't like RCL or HAL or whatever does not mean that you are wrong or stupid - it just means that you have different preferences, likes, dislikes.

But stop cruising, NEVER! We still love land travel but with the dollar being so weak, cruising is actually a great bargain. You never get to see a country in depth but you do get a great "taste." These tastes have brought us back to many places for longer more in depth travel.

Long live cruising - no matter what line you choose.

Doug

I don't usually hang out on the Cruise Line Boards since they are often nasty and sarcastic. This one is no exception. Was just curious to see what people are saying about RCL. We just returned yesterday from a cruise on RCL - a repositioning cruise from Baltimore to Tampa - via Bermuda and 5 stops in the Caribbean.

This was our first and probably our last cruise on RCL. There were many good things on the cruise - for example, we had the best waiter and assistant waiter of any cruise we have ever taken. We loved the itinerary. However, there were many things we just didn't care for and we concluded that RCL is probably not for us. We love Holland America but there will be many of you who dislike HAL. My point is that there is probably a cruise line for everyone. Just because you don't like RCL or HAL or whatever does not mean that you are wrong or stupid - it just means that you have different preferences, likes, dislikes.

But stop cruising, NEVER! We still love land travel but with the dollar being so weak, cruising is actually a great bargain. You never get to see a country in depth but you do get a great "taste." These tastes have brought us back to many places for longer more in depth travel.

Long live cruising - no matter what line you choose.

Doug

Your post is well thought through and written. If everybody criticizing would post in your manner it would not be a problem. I never sailed on HAL but I had a similar experience with Carnival. It was OK. RCI was and is my fit.

Wish you happy cruising on all your voyages.

The effect on future cruises could be, and by a very slim chance there is a class action suit, or even if the FL AG stepped in and made them stop, what if it happened and RCCL decided to get around it in the future, was to not hold the booking price until the fare was "paid in full". How would that make people feel?? I think leave well enough alone, no matter how we may feel about it.

Curly, you need to look at the new contract language --holding the booking price after someone has paid in full would be an IMPROVEMENT over what is there, now --ie, the ability to raise the price at ANY time and for virtually ANY reason.

Archived