We Love to Cruise But...

sagiv666

Opinion is fine but this whole "I heard...that's why..." is nothing else than reacting to rumors.

Every single 'criticism' on these boards lately has been rebutted. I do like to read critics (which can be positive and negative) but this whole ranting and raving about non issues (see my comment of rebuttal) is becoming overwhelming.

A lot of the folks on this board just sit here and wait for a thread to post to. Sometimes their comments are positive and sometime they are not and sometimes what seems like criticism is a simple attempt at humor.

Sometimes OPs create threads to see if they can get a warm fuzzy or a cold prickly or just to brag they are "elite" FF members or they are going on 107 day RTW cruises or they got a JS upgrade when they booked an interior on deck 2 by the engine room.

Then there are those who are bundles of information and impart some really good facts and help folks out when they don't know what's going on with their cruise. How do I get there, where do I park, which hotel, which shuttle??? Man, had I known about this board before my first cruise I wouldn't have had such severe case of the squirts from from being so anxious

It's all in fun...the real dangerous posters are deleted and told not to come back.

Lighten up and enjoy the board

Opinion is fine but this whole "I heard...that's why..." is nothing else than reacting to rumors.

Every single 'criticism' on these boards lately has been rebutted. I do like to read critics (which can be positive and negative) but this whole ranting and raving about non issues (see my comment of rebuttal) is becoming overwhelming.

I absolutely agree with you.

"Every single 'criticism' on these boards lately has been rebutted." I think you forgot to add the words "to my satisfaction". You see, that's what nice about humans, they all have opinions, and I'm sure there are those that don't believe "every single criticism" has been rebutted (still trying to understand rebutted in this text; I think the meaning here is that another opinion has been provided and therefore it is rebutted).

Well my opinion is that, my goodness some of you folks must have long arms. The patting oneself on the back seems to be catchy.

All the varying opinions. All the rage and anger and yet there are what, probably 50,000 people boarding a cruise ship today with smiles on their faces.

Probably at least 2 or 3 will come back next week and tell us how they will never cruise with 'XXXXX' cruise line again. And we will all voice our opinions.....guess we all have to have something to do until our next sailing date.

All the varying opinions. All the rage and anger and yet there are what, probably 50,000 people boarding a cruise ship today with smiles on their faces.

Probably at least 2 or 3 will come back next week and tell us how they will never cruise with 'XXXXX' cruise line again. And we will all voice our opinions.....guess we all have to have something to do until our next sailing date.

I'm wondering about this "rage and anger" that some folks are mentioning. Is this related to opinions on a certain topic or have I missed something. I suppose it could be stretched, the term "rage and anger" that is, to this very thread in that folks here are expressing their "rage and anger" at the OP for their thoughts/expressions. Or are these folks just expressing opinions or something else?

It can kinda get otta hand. Maybe I shouldn't have ott'na said that.

I've been on 4 cruises since Dec of last year, and 6 since Dec 2005. can't say that other than the surcharge for fuel, I have seen any changes, cutbacks, or lack of quality or service. It all has been wonderful. Sorry to see you go, you certainly can spend your money where you wish. WDW is not a bad place, we spend about 6 weekends a year there, however as FL residents we are WDW pass holders with unlimited visits to parks, about 40% off on hotels, 20% off on food and beverage and about 50% off on golf. If you are coming down here, best times are early May, Sept .after labor day, and January, even the week or 2 after thanks giving is nice. You won't have long lines, it is not overly hot, and you will enjoy it. Sorry to give WDW a plug, but since we live in FL , please keep your business in the state. Helps our taxes.

Let us know how you deal with the "sticker shock" at Disney. I am a native Floridian and we can barely afford to spend a weekend there. A cruise is a MUCH better value. The last time we stayed at Disney our "Florida Resident Rate" was $300 per night. Every meal was over $30...you do the math.

I'm wondering about this "rage and anger" that some folks are mentioning. Is this related to opinions on a certain topic or have I missed something. I suppose it could be stretched, the term "rage and anger" that is, to this very thread in that folks here are expressing their "rage and anger" at the OP for their thoughts/expressions. Or are these folks just expressing opinions or something else?

It can kinda get otta hand. Maybe I shouldn't have ott'na said that.

I don't think it is that, I think the OP has been on numerous threads in the past and keeps saying that what he is saying, but keeps coming back and saying it over and over. Enough is enough?? OK so what who cares?? Instead of lurking here , maybe they think he should be on line w/ Disney making his reservations, instead of continuing to post the same thing here over and over.

Let us know how you deal with the "sticker shock" at Disney. I am a native Floridian and we can barely afford to spend a weekend there. A cruise is a MUCH better value. The last time we stayed at Disney our "Florida Resident Rate" was $300 per night. Every meal was over $30...you do the math.

Without turning this into a WDW thread, at minimum, become a seasonal passholder, about 8 weeks out of the year you cannot go, and all prime time anyway, then you have access to the passholder website, which has all the hotel prices for passholders, which are about 30% less than the resident rate, even more at different times of the year. You can stay at Moderate hotels for around $100-%120 Animal KD lodge for around 225. Buy a Disney dining card for $65 and get 20% off all food and beverage at all sit down bars and table service restaurants.(it pays for itself with one weekend trip) Go on their website and check it out. Sorry to take up space here folks.

Without turning this into a WDW thread, at minimum, become a seasonal passholder, about 8 weeks out of the year you cannot go, and all prime time anyway, then you have access to the passholder website, which has all the hotel prices for passholders, which are about 30% less than the resident rate, even more at different times of the year. You can stay at Moderate hotels for around $100-%120 Animal KD lodge for around 225. Buy a Disney dining card for $65 and get 20% off all food and beverage at all sit down bars and table service restaurants.(it pays for itself with one weekend trip) Go on their website and check it out. Sorry to take up space here folks.

Don't apologize, P-mom. That was good information, and if it makes the OP happy, then we'll all be happier. :D :D :D :D :D

Recently off the 12 day EOS out of Bayonne 11/11 - 11/23.

Cutbacks?????

I did not see any! 3 meals a day! Snacks at the WJ in the afternoon.

Promenade cafe open 24/7. Midnite buffet and a sail away buffet mid cruise. Live music all around the ship all day. Shows every night in the theatre. Didn't make your bed every other day or give you fresh towels every other day. Didn't have holes drilled out in the sides of the ship for the pax to do thier Charlton Heston imitations with the oars.

Want to complain about the fuel surcharge, complain to Washington DC and the oil companies not RCCL they are only buying the fuel the same as we are! Anyone with 1% of a brain knows why gas is three bucks a gallon (3.20 on long island) in the USA. And supply and demand has zero to do with it!

Anyone with 1% of a brain knows why gas is three bucks a gallon (3.20 on long island) in the USA.

:) When in doubt ask yourself, "what would Jesus do?" :)

I dunno -- insult people? Does the price at the pump have something to do with the cost of bunker fuel?

"Every single 'criticism' on these boards lately has been rebutted." I think you forgot to add the words "to my satisfaction". You see, that's what nice about humans, they all have opinions, and I'm sure there are those that don't believe "every single criticism" has been rebutted (still trying to understand rebutted in this text; I think the meaning here is that another opinion has been provided and therefore it is rebutted).

Well my opinion is that, my goodness some of you folks must have long arms. The patting oneself on the back seems to be catchy.

To your satisfaction? What would be to your satisfaction?

Rumor 1: No more lobster

Rebuttal: Several posters including myself say that there is still lobster and will be there

Rumor 2: No more brown sugar.

Rebuttal: several posters stated (including myself) that there is brown sugar

Should I go on?

To satisfy you, do we need to bring you a lobster back? With an authentic stamp "Royal Caribbean"? Lemme see, maybe the logo store has one.

;)

More importantly they also have smiles on their faces when debarking (from a great cruise experience).

Anyone with 1% of a brain knows why gas is three bucks a gallon (3.20 on long island) in the USA.

I dunno -- insult people? Does the price at the pump have something to do with the cost of bunker fuel?

Where's the insult?

If you use common sense you know why gas is 3.20 a gallon.

Ergo you know why RCCL has to impose the $ 5 dollar a day fee.

And what does bunker fuel have to do with anything?

Where's the insult?

If you use common sense you know why gas is 3.20 a gallon.

Ergo you know why RCCL has to impose the $ 5 dollar a day fee.

And what does bunker fuel have to do with anything?

Just ignore what some people respond to . They like to get attention by attacking people. I agree , the only ones getting richer are the oil companies, some people should point their energy (no pun intended)to complaining to their local congressman, senators, and the goof in charge, whose buddys are the benefactors. (oops this ins't the place for that)

I think you probably know this but bunker oil is what powers the ships engines and generators. Oil is still oil.

If all the people who are ticked off canceled their cruises, I'm sure RCCL would find another way to fund their increased fuel costs. Unfortunately, it is too late for many of us to make other arrangements. However, it could affect our future cruises. We were much more impressed with the way NCL handled the fuel surcharge by giving notice in advance and adding the surcharge to future bookings.

It annoys me that unlike taxes and port fees, not everyone on our cruise will be paying the $60pp fuel surcharge on our February cruise. Rather than canceling our cruise, we will offset the surcharge by bringing on our own wine and skipping the specialty restaurants. I'm sure some people will take it out of their tips but I won't do that unless someone gives me bad service--which did happen on our of our RCCL cruises, which is one reason I dislike traditional dining.

We'll also be at Disney in January following a Carnival cruise from Pt Canaveral. This is a great time to visit Disney because temps are comfortable and humidity is low and there are no long lines. I hope you enjoy your vacation and find a great cruise at a bargain price next time.

I find the lack of customer service is wide spread and not limited too just RCCI. And even though they do seem to have made some cutbacks it is still a good bang for the buck.

I will also tell you we live close to Disney and the other parks and have visited them many times. We have seen the cutbacks they have made, the way over inflated prices , I think a bottle of water is like $4 and not a big bottle. They nickel and dime you all over the place, they charge a fortune now for admission and they over crowd the parks so on a good day your lucky to get in 4 rides.

For us we will continue to cruise for now and also look at other places to land vacation. But if you are going to choice Disney be for-warned it isn't all you may think it is....lots of walking....very hot....very expensive....very over crowded.....oh and you better check they have Gay days there.................:D

Actually, (and having the flameproof suit on here, as I don't want to seem like a WDW cheerleader) exactly what cutbacks has Disney made?? How are their prices over inflated?? You think a bottle of water is $4, I can tell you it is $2. We were there last month, and will be ther next weekend. They Nickel and Dime?? No one forces you to purchase anything other than the admission, just like on RCCL. Lots of Walking?? It is a theme park, any theme parks you go to that are not?? Very Hot, Yes, if you go in the summer. Crowded, Yes if you go during peak times. Gay Days, they have em1st weekend in June for all of you who wish not to be around them, by the way, they close MGM in the evening at 10PM to allow them to be in their til 4am. I am not gay, my birthday weekend that we celebrate there is that weekend. For someone who lives as close as you do, you do not seem to be up on what is happening there. We love cruising, no better bang for the buck, and we love Disney. great vaue for the money. One more thing, don't just say what you think, state the facts.

sagiv666, you have already told us that, in fact, numerous times :rolleyes: :eek:

###

As long as Royal Caribbean keep surprising us with one cutback or surcharge after another, I'll keep repeating how we feel. It's easy -- let them act normal and we will continue to enjoy cruising without complaints!:(

As long as Royal Caribbean keep surprising us with one cutback or surcharge after another, I'll keep repeating how we feel. It's easy -- let them act normal and we will continue to enjoy cruising without complaints!:(

There has only been the one surcharge and the rest has been all rumors with no basis in fact.

We have a home on the water in New Jersey. We love the location. We have a boat and a jetski. However, we love to cruise. You get to see so much and learn so much. The experience of a cruise is something that is so valuable. The culture of another country is so learning. I hope you enjoy Orlando but don't discount the world.

Believe me, we have seen a lot of the world whether or not we cruise. Considering we are both foreign born, we certainly know there is a world outside the USA.:)

Archived