We Love to Cruise But...

sagiv666

When RCI started charging for JR I left and did 5 cruises with Princess, 1 with Carnival and 2 HAL. Did it hurt them, no, it was my part to send my message. Im back, and not currently cruising with Princess as they have gone overboard on the extra charges.

Keep cruising. Its never going to be perfect, but still fun.

We are changing our 59th cruise by canceling it.

I'm tired of them changing the rules midstream.

Las Vegas has not ever been a option to us, but instead of another RCCL cruise, we are going to try.

As a cruise critic junkie, I'll continue to watch these boards.

Curly, you need to look at the new contract language --holding the booking price after someone has paid in full would be an IMPROVEMENT over what is there, now --ie, the ability to raise the price at ANY time and for virtually ANY reason.

I really don't care what it says now, or what has happened. I was only making a general reference to what could happen in the future. They can make all the changes they want. If you need me to spell out some specifics I will. All I asked was how everyone would feel if they came out with a specific contract or policy, that said until your cruise is paid in full, there are no price guaranties period. they can raise when they want, as much as they want, unless you pay in full, and from that time your price will be guaranteed. Period. No ifs, no Ands, No buts. An d have it clearly spelled out. I only made the reference for 2 reasons, 1 because if RCCL and other cruise lines got slapped on the wrist for what has transpired, and 2 a number of people talked about how airlines, etc do not raise prices once you have paid. this is not a good way to compare, but since Airlines do not take partial payments, this would be the closest comparison I could see.

My wife and I are not happy by the way Royal Caribbean seems to be ignoring the feelings of those who look forward to cruising, not only by the fuel surcharges, but also by the cutbacks we are hearing about. My wife and I have decided not to cruise for a while, hoping to send a message to Royal Caribbean and to the other cruise lines. At the same time, my daughter has gone down to Disneyworld with one of her girlfriends and with her uncle, and her excitement is rubbing off on us (my wife and I are 59 and 60 years young, respectively).

We are hoping to use one of our timeshares to take a trip to Florida and enjoy Orlando ourselves. It's nice having an alternative, although we look forward to cruising again as soon as we see more concern for their passengers as shown by Royal Caribbean and other cruise lines cruise.

We love going to Disney World as much as we love cruising, so if you plan to go, please take this advice: DO YOUR RESEARCH! You obviously know how to use the internet, so seek out some Disney websites and plan your vacation accordingly. Don't decide to go between Christmas and New Year without making dining reservations and knowing about extra magic hours and come back and complain :rolleyes: because you couldn't get on to any attractions or have a sit-down meal in a park and it was so crowded, etc., etc.!!

You have to be even more obsessive about a WDW trip than you do in planning to cruise.

Now go have fun with Mickey. DH and I love going without our kids now. Our next trip is planned for December 2008, but for now I'm obsessively planning for our next cruise! :rolleyes: At least I don't have to worry about where we're eating dinner!!! :D

I really don't care what it says now, or what has happened. I was only making a general reference to what could happen in the future. They can make all the changes they want. If you need me to spell out some specifics I will. All I asked was how everyone would feel if they came out with a specific contract or policy, that said until your cruise is paid in full, there are no price guaranties period. they can raise when they want, as much as they want, unless you pay in full, and from that time your price will be guaranteed. Period. No ifs, no Ands, No buts. An d have it clearly spelled out. I only made the reference for 2 reasons, 1 because if RCCL and other cruise lines got slapped on the wrist for what has transpired, and 2 a number of people talked about how airlines, etc do not raise prices once you have paid. this is not a good way to compare, but since Airlines do not take partial payments, this would be the closest comparison I could see.

You should care cause that is how it reads now , that they can change the price for any reason whether you are deposited or paid in full.

You should care cause that is how it reads now , that they can change the price for any reason whether you are deposited or paid in full.

Sorry I don't have my new contract yet. Should get docs for Jan cruise soon. Anyway, I am still not going to be concerned with it. Why worry about something out of your control. The only control I have will be if RCCL decides to change pricing again, ie surcharges, fare price increase, whatever, is to weigh the circumstances, and If I do not accept, or agree with any changes for my 3 upcoming cruises, then I can cancel, if I wish. If I have to get up everyday wondering what RCCL might do next, then I certainly shouldn't have booked in the first place.

Not sure you are understanding. How would we like it if ... posed as if you thought changing a policy to say no price guarantees unless paid in full would upset us. We would like it mighty fine as it is better than what currently exists in the new language. If you were offering up the thought as a compromise between guaranteed priceing at booking -- and no guaranteed pricing at any time, period, which is how the contract currently reads, then perhaps it is we who misunderstood.

Sorry I don't have my new contract yet. Should get docs for Jan cruise soon. Anyway, I am still not going to be concerned with it. Why worry about something out of your control. The only control I have will be if RCCL decides to change pricing again, ie surcharges, fare price increase, whatever, is to weigh the circumstances, and If I do not accept, or agree with any changes for my 3 upcoming cruises, then I can cancel, if I wish. If I have to get up everyday wondering what RCCL might do next, then I certainly shouldn't have booked in the first place.

The contract with the new language has been available at the RCCL site since the inception of this debacle.

The admission price for ONE adult into any ONE of the WDW theme parks for ONE day is: (drum roll) $75.62. The good news is that this includes tax and admisson. The bad news is that this does not include parking or food. The sweltering and long lines are free, however! Trust me...I heard this from the Mouse's mouth!

The contract with the new language has been available at the RCCL site since the inception of this debacle.

And I really had no intention on going there to read it. Like I have said before, not a big deal to me one way or the other. Since I did not read it, now maybe you understand my post, and by my reading it, I understand yours. Enough said.

I respect your opinion, but could you please explain just what cutbacks that have happened that you are talking about. I have 2 future cruises booked, and would certainly like to know what is going on

Thank You.

I have read in this forum that cruise ships are getting rid of their live entertainment. I also heard that baby-sitting will no longer be available to those who need this service. This is in addition to removing lobster from the menus (for this I could care less). there may be more, but these are all I can recollect right now.:(

I have read in this forum that cruise ships are getting rid of their live entertainment. I also heard that baby-sitting will no longer be available to those who need this service. This is in addition to removing lobster from the menus (for this I could care less). there may be more, but these are all I can recollect right now.:(

This is why I struggle with your post. You say that lobster isn't a factor for you. I am going to guess that babysitting isn't either - correct me if I'm wrong. So that leaves the live entertainment as the basis of your decision? And it sounds like just the rumor of live entertainment being cut, not an actual experience with that happening? It leaves me scratching my head...:confused:

I have read in this forum that cruise ships are getting rid of their live entertainment. Absolutely wrong, it was someone trying to start trouble I also heard that baby-sitting will no longer be available to those who need this service. Again wrongThis is in addition to removing lobster from the menus (for this I could care less)Again wrong, there may be more, but these are all I can recollect right now

Most of this crap about cutbacks and such have been rumors or trolls and not facts.So you are stopping cruising based on a bunch of rumors.

We love going to Disney World as much as we love cruising, so if you plan to go, please take this advice: DO YOUR RESEARCH! You obviously know how to use the internet, so seek out some Disney websites and plan your vacation accordingly. Don't decide to go between Christmas and New Year without making dining reservations and knowing about extra magic hours and come back and complain :rolleyes: because you couldn't get on to any attractions or have a sit-down meal in a park and it was so crowded, etc., etc.!!

You have to be even more obsessive about a WDW trip than you do in planning to cruise.

Now go have fun with Mickey. DH and I love going without our kids now. Our next trip is planned for December 2008, but for now I'm obsessively planning for our next cruise! :rolleyes: At least I don't have to worry about where we're eating dinner!!! :D

We just made plans for a trip to Florida, including a visit to Disneyworld

:D -- believe me I do my research whether for land trips or for cruises. Don't worry -- this won't be my first trip to Disneyworld as our cruises to Alaska in September and to Canada and New England in October were not our first either.:)

I have read in this forum that cruise ships are getting rid of their live entertainment. I also heard that baby-sitting will no longer be available to those who need this service. This is in addition to removing lobster from the menus (for this I could care less).:(

In cabin babysitting isn't gone. After that thread many have called and no one was told it's going away. What everyoine needs to remember is that this is a message board and doesn't always have the facts. Sometimes it's rumors based on unusual circumstances grown out of proportion (a ship running out of something therefore people think RCCL dropped it) or it's someone intentionally fueling a rumor for their own amusement. Either way don't take anything too seriously unless many have had the same issue on multiple sailings on different ships or you've called RCCL and they give you an answer, be it one you like or not. Take everything you read and add some common sense!

Maybe you should stop reading this boards;)

I havent read all the thread , but do notice on loads of other forums that threads are turning into brawls at the moment .....lack of sunlight?

Anyway we are off on our first cruise on the 30th of the month , we have missed out being charge the fuel supplement , wouldnt have complained if we had been charged , we are in the transport business and have had to introduce surcharges recently , businesses cant not absorb huge increases , even Royal Carribean and tbh its such a small % of the holiday cost .

I also belong to a Disney Forum and if anyone dares say anything against WDW you would think its the end of the world lol:D

Oh and if you want expensive holiday here :rolleyes:

I havent read all the thread , but do notice on loads of other forums that threads are turning into brawls at the moment .....lack of sunlight?

I also belong to a Disney Forum and if anyone dares say anything against WDW you would think its the end of the world lol:D

Oh and if you want expensive holiday here :rolleyes:

That's how all forums are, doesn't matter if it's a decorating, plumbing, landscaping, or travel forum; it's just human nature.

Honestly I work in the tourism industry in Florida....

We like to say that every Resort (land based or "floating") has a life span. That life span differs with each guest. There's the birth (When they arrive for the first time and everything seems all shiny and new), middle age (Where they complain about every change that is made because it is no longer the way "it was" or the way "they" remember it), then old age (When they "Go somewhere else" because they don't like the changes)...

The thing you have to remember is:

Just because you're in the "old age" of your resort life - the new cruiser (like myself) is in the birth stage still. I'm looking forward to my next cruise (and the one after that and the one after that and the.....)

However after living in Florida for 25 years I think WDW is just a people trap run by a mouse.

Honestly I work in the tourism industry in Florida....

We like to say that every Resort (land based or "floating") has a life span. That life span differs with each guest. There's the birth (When they arrive for the first time and everything seems all shiny and new), middle age (Where they complain about every change that is made because it is no longer the way "it was" or the way "they" remember it), then old age (When they "Go somewhere else" because they don't like the changes)...

The thing you have to remember is:

Just because you're in the "old age" of your resort life - the new cruiser (like myself) is in the birth stage still. I'm looking forward to my next cruise (and the one after that and the one after that and the.....)

However after living in Florida for 25 years I think WDW is just a people trap run by a mouse.

I love your post! :)

Justcat-

Living in Florida too...couldn't agree more....only way to "do" Disney or Universal is to stay inside the parks and pay whatever extra you have to to avoid the lines, otherwise you see 4-5 things a day for what, $60.00 per per person per day just to walk through the door......

And the heat....if you go anytime from June - October it is beastly..to say the least.

Gimme a cruise anyday...

Archived