We Love to Cruise But...

sagiv666

My wife and I are not happy by the way Royal Caribbean seems to be ignoring the feelings of those who look forward to cruising, not only by the fuel surcharges, but also by the cutbacks we are hearing about. My wife and I have decided not to cruise for a while, hoping to send a message to Royal Caribbean and to the other cruise lines. At the same time, my daughter has gone down to Disneyworld with one of her girlfriends and with her uncle, and her excitement is rubbing off on us (my wife and I are 59 and 60 years young, respectively).

We are hoping to use one of our timeshares to take a trip to Florida and enjoy Orlando ourselves. It's nice having an alternative, although we look forward to cruising again as soon as we see more concern for their passengers as shown by Royal Caribbean and other cruise lines cruise.

Where the heck is Carol with her little emoticon of the horse being beaten to death??!?!?!?!:rolleyes:

Have fun in MCO. I hope RCI gets your "message." Otherwise, I'll be sure to pass it along on my next cruise... :D

We have a home on the water in New Jersey. We love the location. We have a boat and a jetski. However, we love to cruise. You get to see so much and learn so much. The experience of a cruise is something that is so valuable. The culture of another country is so learning. I hope you enjoy Orlando but don't discount the world.

Where the heck is Carol with her little emoticon of the horse being beaten to death??!?!?!?!:rolleyes:

Have fun in MCO. I hope RCI gets your "message." Otherwise, I'll be sure to pass it along on my next cruise... :D

Hey Patrick,

Here you go

Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

Good lord, if I made my decisions based on what I "heard" about on message boards, I would be all of the following:

• a billionaire
  • the sexiest thing on the planet
  • thin thin thin
  • a billionaire again
  • a major shareholder in Microsoft
  • receiving every blessing and miracle imaginable

What floors me is the number of people who make life decisions according to whatever they read here in this totally anonymous cyberworld.

Perhaps this is just allowing us to see how many loons/oblivions there are out there in the world!

RCCL's fuel charge is nothing compared to what Disney charges per day per park - not to mention they've made a lot of things that used to be included extra now too. I feel more taken advantage of at WDW then I ever do on a cruise and the value for my money is far greater at sea (on a line other then the high priced DCL) then at WDW.

I had a minor brainstorm on one of the threads about that mess on Jewel, so I wrote it up and sent it to the only email address I could find on their website. Here the response I got back....

Thank you for contacting us via email.

We read with great interest your suggestion regarding the addition of a"Group Cruise" page to our website. While we are not certain of the logistics of implementing this suggestion, we have taken the liberty of forwarding it to the appropriate management personnel for review and future consideration. Thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to our attention, as this will assist us in our endeavors to improve the product and service provided to our guests.

Sincerely,

Jose Torres

Corporate Guest Relations

That's the best response I've seen from ANY company for a suggestion in quite a while. Given the sheer volume of complaints they got about that cruise, I'd be rather shocked if they aren't seeking some way to avoid that in the future.

Here's hoping in any case. :)

My wife and I are not happy by the way Royal Caribbean seems to be ignoring the feelings of those who look forward to cruising, not only by the fuel surcharges, but also by the cutbacks we are hearing about. My wife and I have decided not to cruise for a while, hoping to send a message to Royal Caribbean and to the other cruise lines. At the same time, my daughter has gone down to Disneyworld with one of her girlfriends and with her uncle, and her excitement is rubbing off on us (my wife and I are 59 and 60 years young, respectively).

We are hoping to use one of our timeshares to take a trip to Florida and enjoy Orlando ourselves. It's nice having an alternative, although we look forward to cruising again as soon as we see more concern for their passengers as shown by Royal Caribbean and other cruise lines cruise.

Finally........bnow I know why my RCL stock has gone down.......:rolleyes:

I truly hope you aren't disappointed in Orlando as we were.

I spent a fortune to swelter while standing in long lines of pushing and whining people, and then I realized I hadn't even entered the gosh darned theme park yet! Egads what a nightmare of sheer exhaustion...(for us anyway). You might LOVE it! Hope so. :)

RCCL's fuel charge is nothing compared to what Disney charges per day per park - not to mention they've made a lot of things that used to be included extra now too. I feel more taken advantage of at WDW then I ever do on a cruise and the value for my money is far greater at sea (on a line other then the high priced DCL) then at WDW.

I love WDW, but do feel they are doing more than what RCI is being charged with now. Ever eat in their restaurants..Talk about being fleeced.:eek:

My wife and I have decided not to cruise for a while, hoping to send a message to Royal Caribbean and to the other cruise lines.

Given the multiple millions of people cruising each year....... I don't think it will be a very loud message. ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek: Cruise lines will have to file bankruptcy now:eek: :eek: :rolleyes:

I spent a fortune to swelter while standing in long lines of pushing and whining people, and then I realized I hadn't even entered the gosh darned theme park yet! Egads what a nightmare of sheer exhaustion...(for us anyway). :)

I'll never complain about the midnight buffet line again.

Good lord, if I made my decisions based on what I "heard" about on message boards, I would be all of the following:

• a billionaire
  • the sexiest thing on the planet
  • thin thin thin
  • a billionaire again
  • a major shareholder in Microsoft
  • receiving every blessing and miracle imaginable

What floors me is the number of people who make life decisions according to whatever they read here in this totally anonymous cyberworld.

Perhaps this is just allowing us to see how many loons/oblivions there are out there in the world!

You forgot pirate with all the "smuggling";)

Reminds me of a group of school kids standing around the geek in the class taunting and ridiculing him for the way he dresses or talks.

Some of you really seem to be taking the same sort of perverse pleasure in ganging up on this OP and others whose posts you don't like.

The OP didn't ask anyone a question. He merely made a statement of his opinion. If others had a differing opinion they could've shared it, i.e. "RCI is great, we don't see any problems" But the ganging up with sarcasm and ridicule is really uncalled for.

Jimmers:)

No one is happy with the cut backs and the way the industry seems to be going... Right now the industry seems to be in full swing...they did a lot to win us over...but now the economy is tight...costs are sky rocketing...cutbacks are every where. It will turn around again everything goes in cycles....

Archived