"LIVE" from the Liberty of the Seas/ 1-05-08

Radio

Radio:

I am interested in learning what changes they made between Freedom and Liberty. When we cruised FOS, we talked quite a bit to the staff who said many changes were planned would be internal and the guests would never notice. Can you seek out some who have worked on both and ask about those changes.

Ken Rush even mentioned it at the welcome back party that there were pages and pages of notes that were being taken to Liberty that they had learned from six months of sailings (when we cruised her) of Freedom. Things, ideas, procedures that had been learned when actually on a revenue cruise versus a shakedown period.

Thanks for asking and sharing your adventures.

Radio -- beautiful outside seating area for Diamond Lounge. Do you know if the Freedom has an outdoor area also? Thanks

Yes it does. . . I heard it is exactly the same !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Radio -- beautiful outside seating area for Diamond Lounge. Do you know if the Freedom has an outdoor area also? Thanks

Yes it does. . . I heard it is exactly the same !

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Radio what are you using to gather position data? Thats a fairly detailed mapping of Haiti/DR you are showing...

I use MS Streets & Trips with the receiver taped to either the balcony railing or in the window and track the complete voyage. Not much map detail in the islands (except for PR), but it works for me!

Radio....I thought you had more hair, lol!

For all of you talking about St Martin beaches...here's a thought. Last year, my hubby and I took the ferry over to Anguilla. It's like another WORLD over there. Incredibly beautiful beaches, water ...the people were so friendly and the cab driver gave us a special tour. A pristine place and we had stretches of beach all to ourselves. No mobs of tourists, no traffic, no fast food, nada.

You do need to go early and give yourself plenty of time to get back to ship as the traffic from Marigot is horrible.

Radio, you still didn't tell me which lounge is non-smoking. C'mon, inquiring minds want to know!

Radio what are you using to gather position data? Thats a fairly detailed mapping of Haiti/DR you are showing...

I use MS Streets & Trips with the receiver taped to either the balcony railing or in the window and track the complete voyage. Not much map detail in the islands (except for PR), but it works for me!

I am using a Garmin GPSmap 76CSx connected to my laptop w/Delorme map Software. . .

Radio

;) ;)

Radio>snip<

Radio, you still didn't tell me which lounge is non-smoking. C'mon, inquiring minds want to know!

Sorry it took so long :confused: but the Sphinx Lounge and Champagne Bar are entirely Non Smoking . Other lounges have Non smoking areas. . .

Radio

;) ;)

Diamond Lounge is it just for Diamond members, or for people in suites also? Sorry, can't remember and we're in an OS on the Freedom in Aug. Looks so nice, just wondering.

Diamond lounge is just for Diamonds and Diamond plus. The Concierge Lounge is just for suite guests -- GS and above. A passengers who is a D or D+ staying in a GS or above can use both lounges.

Diamond Lounge is it just for Diamond members, or for people in suites also? Sorry, can't remember and we're in an OS on the Freedom in Aug. Looks so nice, just wondering.

People in suites use the Concierge Lounge only, and Diamond and D+ us the Diamond Club only. . .You can use bith only if you have a suite and are D or D+

Radio

;) ;)

Thanks again Radio! About the Freedom vs Liberty question....I heard that they did away with the tiny bookstore next to Sorrento's. Is that true? We are leaving in 16 days and I'm getting more excited by the hour!

Yes, I agree. . . they have suggested that they might convert the 19th Hole sports Bar on all Voyager Class ships to the Diamond Lounge.

Did I mention that they have GREAT Coffee, and Latte's ? :D

Radio

;) ;)

To me, that is the best perk of the lounge!!:)

Radio-- your reports are great. I look forward to them every day. Can you tell me what kind of food choices the Jade serves? Is it just sushi? Keep those great pictures coming. Thanks

No. . .not just Sushi. .. They offer Asian inspired selections for all meals. . . .

Radio

;) ;)

Hi Dad,

How long is a usual ride on the surfs up mega wave blaster thing? Just wondering if it would be worth waiting in a long line for that cowabunga rip curl ride. Do the lines move quickly??

:o

The ride is 2-3 min. . . . The lines move fast. I finally did it today ! It was very nice.

Radio

Yes, I agree. . . they have suggested that they might convert the 19th Hole sports Bar on all Voyager Class ships to the Diamond Lounge.

Radio

;) ;)

That would be great as the 19th hole fails miserably as a sports bar. The Diamond lounge on the Freedom class is much nicer than the Concierge lounge.

Archived