"LIVE" from the Liberty of the Seas/ 1-05-08

Radio

Radio -- beautiful outside seating area for Diamond Lounge. Do you know if the Freedom has an outdoor area also? Thanks

Wow , wonder how I missed it? I was just on the Freedom in November, now I have to go back cause I missed something!

Annieeee

I hope so too!!! Radio? ;)

There was a RCI Photographer there. . .he was taking pics of all the users.

Young and old . . . :o

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Radio, this is our first time on St. Maarten. The last time we took a ferry to Anguilla for a dolphin encounter. Would you advise seeing the French side or go to the Divi resort. It will be myself, dh, and 2 dd's 12 and 15. Thanks!

Denyse

PC, you have to make it to SM. It's just gets better and better each time I visit. I will be there in November on the Freedom. :)

We'll be visiting St. Maarten for the first time in February. Really looking forward to it. :)

We'll be visiting St. Maarten for the first time in February. Really looking forward to it. :)

Take a trip over to Orient Beach Tony. It is without a doubt one of the most beautiful beaches that I have seen.

OrientBeach4.jpg

A place on OB for lunch is BayWatch. They also have umbrellas, chairs and drink service on the beach and then at lunch you can walk up and have a seat. Cheryl and Andy are from the New York/Jersey area and are great folks.

http://www.angelfire.com/il2/sxm/home/baywatch2006.html

Taken from Baywatch

BaywatchdinerStMaarten.jpg

Did the OP every re-post ? ?

Radio

;) ;)

The OP of that thread was NOT the off-loaded party. It was a woman who has only sailed once on Royal Caribbean, thinks that HAL is the only worthwhile cruiseline (and she happens to live in my neck of the woods), and apparently just found the posting on cruisejunkie and decided to post it on the RC board 'for fun'. :rolleyes:

Take a trip over to Orient Beach Tony. It is without a doubt one of the most beautiful beaches that I have seen.

OrientBeach4.jpg

A place on OB for lunch is BayWatch. They also have umbrellas, chairs and drink service on the beach and then at lunch you can walk up and have a seat. Cheryl and Andy are from the New York/Jersey area and are great folks.

We'll definitely check it out. Have to start my research for things to do on the ports of call boards. Leaving on Navigator tomorrow. :D

OrientBeach4.jpg

http://www.angelfire.com/il2/sxm/home/baywatch2006.html

Taken from Baywatch

BaywatchdinerStMaarten.jpg

Beautiful pictures.

Do they have a place nearby to rent waverunners?

Thanks -- that outside space looks wonderful for breakfast and evening drinks.

Sherri, do you know how I read that?

"breakfast and evening drinks" hhhhhmmmmmm........ so, you start your imbibing as early in the day as possible? ;) :eek: :D :D :D

Thanks again Radio! About the Freedom vs Liberty question....I heard that they did away with the tiny bookstore next to Sorrento's. Is that true? We are leaving in 16 days and I'm getting more excited by the hour!

If my memory serves me correctly (and I wouldn't wager any large sums of money on that :rolleyes: ), this is now the Future Cruise area where the LA sits.

Do they have a place nearby to rent waverunners?

You can rent waverunners on the dutch side. When you get off the water taxi, there are beaches right there, with waverunners for rent. The charge is $90.00 per half hr , per waverunner, not per person. If you do longer than the 1/2 hr, you can bargin a better price!icon12.gif

Archived