"LIVE" from the Liberty of the Seas/ 1-05-08

Radio

Radio, awesome pictures. We were on Liberty for pre-inaugaral and will be going first week in April and cannot wait. It is such a gorgeous ship. Loved the Diamond Lounge area. Did not realize there is outside seating. We make Diamond this month on Sovereign, so can't wait to take advantage of the DL on Liberty in April. My DH loves coffee so will be sure to tell him you said the DL had the best coffee anywhere on the ship! I can see him already sitting outside at the DL having his morning coffee while I am in the gym. He will be easy to find after my workout!!:)

Hello everyone! I have returned to the ship, and am very happy about my trip ashore.

Labadee is one place where everyone should have a good time. It is such a beautiful place. It is so serene, calm and enjoyable. The weather today was perfect. I wish I could have a “Live” webcam so you would be able to see it with me. (hmmm…I might have to think about that for the next time)

I went ashore early, and was on one of the first tenders over there. The ship anchors very very close to the Tender Pier, so the Tender ride on took 3 minutes.

I tried to get on the Flight Line, but they were sold out, and I could have purchased a ticket for 1 no-show on the first flight. . . but I was too late. I went to the quiet beach (where I went last time, north of Café Labadee), and I was in heaven. . . . The water was warm, and there was a cool breeze.

There is so much to do in Labadee, if you like you can enjoy the beach for free, or you can participate in one of the many excursions. I was talking with the Dive team (Who run all of the excursions in Labadee) , and was told that the most popular excursions are Jet Ski, Flight Line, and Snorkeling. . . so my advice would be to sign up fast, and don’t wait until the last day. Labadee is the last Port for the Eastern Caribbean, and the First port for the Western Caribbean.

I was talking to one of the local Security Guards, and he suggested that about 50 RCI employees live on Labadee. They have 5 ships per week that come here, and when there is no ship (Sat-Sun), they invite Haitian locals to enjoy the beach for 3USD PP.

He said that he is not paid by RCI, but by a local agency in Haiti , that pays him 11USD per day (ouch ! ! )

Here are a few pics from today, and I will have many more to post when I return.

When I returned to my cabin this afternoon, I was happy to see that I have been invited to a Bridge Tour tomorrow. So I will be happy to offer a report from that tour when I return.

I did the Flow Rider again today! I hope RCI has a Photo! I saw the Capt. doing stand up on the Flow Rider. . .he was pretty good ! he must get a lot of practice. . .

Thanks for all of the very nice comments. . . Thanks for tuning in ! We still have 2 more nights left for this cruise !

Radio

Welcome to Labadee

H11.jpg

Hmmm. . . . which way to go ?

H22.jpg

My favorite spot

H29.jpg

Dragons Breath Rock

H12.jpg

Labadee is the best !

H18.jpg

Here are some Dragons Flight Pics. . .

Radio

The Practice flight. . .Only about 100 yards

H6.jpg

That is very high !

H28.jpg

Wow. . . 2600 feet long !

H26.jpg

Suspended over the water. . . and coming down fast

H34.jpg

Landing Zone

H20.jpg

I will have a lot more pics on my site when I return. . .

Time for dinner now, I will check back later !

Thanks for tuning in

Radio

Giant Slide

H14.jpg

Jet Ski Area

H19.jpg

Labadee of the Seas

H32.jpg

Liberty of the Seas

H31.jpg

Beautiful Liberty of the Seas

H25.jpg

Great pictures of Labadee. I was there in Oct. 2005 on the Navigator, and it looked much different.

RCI has improved it, very nice, it looks beautiful.

I can't wait to go there in October. I either want to do the Dragon's Flight, Parasailing, or Jet Ski.

Radio...great pictures!!! I can't remember the last time we were in Labadee???? It has been a very long time, I really think we need to plan a cruise and re-visit Labadee!! Until then all I can do is SIGH! :)

We've always tried to get a bridge tour and never could. It seems certain captains just don't allow them.....maybe some day! Any secrets to getting your invitations?

Thanks for the beautiful pictures!!!

Great Pics, Radio!! We are all loving your thread! Say, how much is it pp for the flightline thingee? It looks like great fun!!

The cost is 80.00 PP / Child or Adult

Radio

;) ;)

Radio...great pictures!!! I can't remember the last time we were in Labadee???? It has been a very long time, I really think we need to plan a cruise and re-visit Labadee!! Until then all I can do is SIGH! :)

We've always tried to get a bridge tour and never could. It seems certain captains just don't allow them.....maybe some day! Any secrets to getting your invitations?

Thanks for the beautiful pictures!!!

Diamond Plus Members will get them

Radio

Archived