"LIVE" from the Liberty of the Seas/ 1-05-08

Radio

Nice Welcome Home banner for the Disney Magic

SXM40.jpg

you don't know how much that makes me not like you right now, lol just kidding. But you are lucky to be on Liberty and get to see the Disney Magic. that would the the life. Although other way around for me, I want to be on the Disney Magic and see Liberty in port.

anybody can see all my video's from my cruises

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=marla07860

Radio, you just have to find a more talkative crew member! They are around...........keep snooping! ;)

I know there are. . . :) I have talked to dozens already. I may be able to find some talkers in Labadee ?:confused:

Radio

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Hi Radio,

Your pictures and reviews are wonderful. It making me feel bad that we gave up a chance to sail on Freedom of the Seas again this pass Xmas/New Years. We had decided to try Celebrity again (Summit) and what a mistake that was. The ship needs alot of maintenance and the food was poor. On a brighter side... we are book in 6/08 on the Independence of the Seas in Europe.

Also, by the way is Robert still working in the Wine bar on deck 5. If so, tell him his friends from Arizona (Alysia, Kent, Douglas and Ashley) says hi. Thank you and keep those beautiful pictures coming

We will be sailing on the Liberty in March and have never been to St Maarten. We are following your live thread with much anticipation.I would really like to go to Little Divi Bay and do some shopping in Phillipsburg, while my husband would like to do Maho Beach. We also will be travelling with our DS who is 15. What would you recommend for a first visit? You mentioned you rented a car, is this a difficult process, I tend to do ship excursions as I am a bit of a nervous traveller when I have never been somewhere before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Love those pictures Radio! Keep them coming!:)

We will be sailing on the Liberty in March and have never been to St Maarten. We are following your live thread with much anticipation.I would really like to go to Little Divi Bay and do some shopping in Phillipsburg, while my husband would like to do Maho Beach. We also will be travelling with our DS who is 15. What would you recommend for a first visit? You mentioned you rented a car, is this a difficult process, I tend to do ship excursions as I am a bit of a nervous traveller when I have never been somewhere before. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Love those pictures Radio! Keep them coming!:)

Maho Beach will take about 30 min. . . maybe longer coming back. I t might be cheaper to get a cab there. At Maho beach, from what I remember...there is not much of changing rooms, restrooms, etc...It is mainly just a Beach Bar.

If you want to rent a car, it is very easy. . . they are right at the port facility.

Radio

;) ;)

I know there are. . . :) I have talked to dozens already. I may be able to find some talkers in Labadee ?:confused:

Radio

That's the ticket! ;)

Find a bartender in Labadee. Find one hawking Labadoozies.........they are usually the friendliest! :D

Radio

Inquiring minds want to know!!! Keep up the good work........and dig up some dirt!!! ;) We all know there are three sides to every story....his/theirs/and the truth!

It is a great thread!

Have never been to St. Maarten and it is on my list of to-get-to ports.

###

You have to go.......it is my favorite port! Friendly people.....beautiful.....would love to spend at least a week there someday! I tend to plan my cruises around St Maarten........just love it!

As requested. . . I did find out that they do allow small babies to use one of the pools in the H20 zone, The picture is posted below ! It is a very shallow pool that is separate from the main pool in the H20 Zone.The maximum depth is only 1 inch.

Baby Splash pool

SXM60.jpg

Radio, did they say there was any age limit, or just that it is a splash areas for kids in swim diapers?

That's the ticket! ;)

Find a bartender in Labadee. Find one hawking Labadoozies.........they are usually the friendliest! :D

Did the OP every re-post ? ?

Radio

;) ;)

Hello everyone ! We are heading to Labadee, and I must tell you that the seas are so very calm. It is almost like a lake in the Caribbean. The Captain suggested last night that the seas may be rough later this afternoon.

I attended the C&A party last night, and the Captain had another great comment in regard to the new Genesis Class ship. He said that he has signed a document that forbids him from discussing detail of “Genesis” .However, he also said that if you do a Google search that half of the new features are correct, and half of the new features are a fabrication. So we really do know some of the details, we are just not sure which are the correct details !

Our current position is N 18.56.085 / W 066.52.365. We are over the NW portion of Puerto Rico, and are sailing at a comfortable 15 kts.

The Ice Show was excellent last night, and there will be another Ice Show “Encore” this evening. There will also be another production Show, “Ever after”. Tonight is formal night. I will be heading up to Portofino for dinner. There are slot tournaments today, public skating, and more Flow Rider action.

The C&A diamond party is tonight, and it will be held in the Sphinx lounge (Deck 5) .

Here are a few pics from yesterday, and last night. More pics will be posted later today. Thanks for all of the nice comments, and Thanks for tuning in !

Radio

Passengers getting back to board Liberty

W1.jpg

New Cruise Pier Construction

W3.jpg

Sun Princess Crew having fun Waving while leaving !

W5.jpg

Studio B Ice Show

W6.jpg

Captain Charles Teige

W10.jpg

Here are a few more pics. . .

Radio

Jade / Early AM

w4.jpg

Windjammer / Early AM

w7.jpg

Internet Café at Royal Caribbean On – Line (DECK 8)

w8.jpg

Radio and Captain Charles Teige

W11.jpg

The Diamond Lounge Outdoor Seating Area

sxm63.jpg

Hi Radio!! I am really enjoying this thread!! Keep it coming!!

I did have a question though - I was wondering if you could let us know what the menu's were like in the dinning room each night?! I'm not looking for specifics, just what the "theme" is each night!

Thanks again!! Makes me really, really jealous!

Radio, did they say there was any age limit, or just that it is a splash areas for kids in swim diapers?

No age Limit. . . the Small Sign just says " For children in diapers"

Correction: the sign also says "Maximum depth is 2 inches" :o

Radio

;) ;)

Thanks...........dont you just love the diamond lounge........EVERY ship should have one...:)

Yes, I agree. . . they have suggested that they might convert the 19th Hole sports Bar on all Voyager Class ships to the Diamond Lounge.

Did I mention that they have GREAT Coffee, and Latte's ? :D

Radio

;) ;)

Archived