I know this is off topic , but I wanted to share

Vicar

Hey Gang,

okay okay shoot me for the personal thread, but I just wanted to share with my CC buddies.

I got engaged last night:)

Some of you know I was going to give her the ring while we were in Las Vegas in Oct, but I was thinking My mom is up here from Fla right now so she could see the ring and cry and just be a mom *LOL*

Plus we are going to see my fiance's (God that feels funny to type *LOL) dad in Cali after Vegas so he would have seen the ring before her mom NOT A GOOD THING *LOL*

Plus she would want to show her ring off to all her friends right away so i just though last night was a good idea

anyway just wanted to share with you guys , seeing so many of you have shown an interest in going on our honeymoon with us *LOL*

Vicar,

Congratulations and very best wishes to you both! Inquiring minds want to know - did you present the ring in some grand, dramatic or unique fashion? Judging from your sometimes quirky sense of humor on these boards it had to be more than just handing her a little box. (I hope!)

Thank you,

You know I was racking my little brain for a really grand way to give her the ring when I had planned to give it to her in Vegas .

then the past few days I started thinking about all the factors I mentioned above.

Now last night my family was getting together ata local restaurant to celebrate my Moms birthday which was friday. So i figured I would give it to her during the day so she could show everyone last night.

Now she sort of picked out the ring she wanted and she had a pretty good idea I would get her that one , but she figured maybe Christmas , she had no idea I actually bought the ring and had it for over a month.

So yesterday afternoon we were home and for a change we were home alone (No kids) So she was sitting at her desk doing work and I just got the idea to get the ring , I walked over to her desk , got on one knee and asked her.

And ya know I don't remember her saying yes ....*LOL* but she did take the ring , so I am guessing that is a yes :)

Vicar.....What Happy News!!!! Thank you so much for sharing with us!!

I wish you and your fiance the very best of happiness and love and joy together. Many years of good health and everything wonderful together.

What a smart guy (and sensitive) to know your Mom surely would be unhappy to just barely get home and hear you waited to propose!!

So......plans, we want to know the when, the where, the honeymoon plans!!!

S7S,

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!

Ya know this all just happened yesterday so no real plans yet.

But we have talked about wedding plans in very generic terms since we have been together . Just our immediate families make up a pretty big crowd, and we both think its crazy putting on a big event for relatives we haven't seen since we were 3 *LOL*

So it will probably be just real immediate family and very close friends.

Now the Honeymoon will definately be a cruise , what ship, and to where is still up for grabs ,

But i will keep you posted *LOL*

It isn't off topic at all.....;)

Seems it was only last week that we discussed here about your fellow HAL CC'ers booking and cruising with you when you decide what will be your honeymoon cruise!!! :D Do I Need to REMIND you of that string of posts??!!!! :eek:

So....you must keep us updated from time to time so that we can all plan to arrive en masse on the gangway to wish you well in person!! As you try hard to run and hide from all of us.

Congratulations Vicar, May you and your lady have Joy and Happiness always.

As an aside, you don't know this, and wish I didn't, but my daughter is planning on getting married next year in Las Vegas by an Elvis impersonator. (OH YES, IT'S EVERY MOTHERS' DREAM!!!)

Do you think you would want to try this out first? Just wondering.

All the best.

Pat.

S7S,

Run and Hide?????????

I was hoping you would all be coming with us (at your own expense of course *LOL*)

Ya know I am thinking the smaller we keep the wedding, the more we can splurge on the honeymoon. We already have a home and everything we could possibly need so its not like we need bridal showers to get toasters and sheets and towels .

NOW TO GET TOTALLY ON TOPIC: *LOL*

I want to do a really classy cruise for the honeymoon, Between the two of us we have been all through the caribbean , and we love it, we have done the beach parties and the booze cruises and all that and we loved every minute of it, but for our honeymoon I want to do something really special.

I know Alaska is out , because it just holds no fascination for her(although I would love it) I am thinking Med or Hawaii.

Sail from Pireaus (Athens) to the Greek Islands, to Venice or Rome.......

Or.....European Capitals Cruise.

These are both such beautiful cruises and plenty romantic IMO

(If you can squeeze Monte Carlo in......Fabulous!!! IMO )

Saltydog 28

*LOL* Let me picture this scenario with my own mother.

"Ma we have decided to go to Vegas and get married by an Elvis Impersonator"

" MA MA MA , SOMEBODY GET THE SMELLING SALTS, MA"

"OH Shes coming to"

" Will someone please grab her and pull her off the ledge"

NAH it just doesn't work with an Italian mother *LOL*

and we will not even try this scenario with HER mother, because the hosts will definately yank this thread for inappropriate language *LOL*

S7S

The European Capitals one sounds really nice, that would be awesome :)

Monte Carlo I would really love , because just from pictures I have seen and travel shows, Monaco just looks like something out of a fairy tale.

Vicar ... Congratulations and Best Wishes for a fabulous life together!!!

May you be as excited about this union every day of your marriage as you are today! Your happiness clearly shines through and I am so glad you shared this with all of us.

This was such an exciting thread to open! Thank you for giving us a reason to smile! :)

We have done that cruise twice....they weren't exactly the same both times but similar. We Loved it and we had been to Europe on 'land trips' at least 20+ times prior to cruising in Europe.

DH wants to return and cruise Europe again but I have been resisting. IF you were to provide an 'incentive' that would get me to cruise (such as Vicar and his lady are taking this great cruise and a bunch of CC'ers are going with them:) ) my DH would be ohhhh so grateful. :) Me thinks he could run a heck of a great party 'as thanks'.

Love Life at Sea,

Thank you so much.

Well I did want to share because as you can see by the above post and a few other threads here, quite a few people here cannot wait to throw rice at us on the dock *LOL*

Which we would love, by the way:)

Archived