RCL Stock!

Now that stock has dropped, it is a good time to consider buying some. You can go to RCL's site under investor relations and you can find the benefits of own 100 shares, not bad.

If one does buy the stock, how long does it take to receive your stocks so you can prove to RCL that you are indeed a stockholder and thus qualify for the OBC?

Griswalds

I am not finding the investor relations on the RCCL page. Help please! I did get to it with the link, thanks. But, how did you find the link in the first place???

I am not finding the investor relations on the RCCL page. Help please! I did get to it with the link, thanks. But, how did you find the link in the first place???

Click on "Our Company" located in the lower left corner of the RCCL Home Page. Then click on the "Investor Relations" tab at the top right of the page. Next, click on the "Investor Relations" link, and, finally, click on the "Shareholder Benefit" tab at the top right of the page.

I bought our 100 shares yesterday. The stock is up over $1.20 per share since I made the purchase! Yeah!!!!

Interesting discussion ............ but ............. I bought the stock about 30 cruises ago. The OBC has now paid for the stock. Whatever I sell it for doesn't really matter at this point. It's kinda like free! If you cruise and have the stock you get a significant dividend every time you cruise. It's not for "investment" it's for fun. Enjoy :)

RCCL Shareholder Benefit

Frequently Asked Questions

Thanks for the link. We are cruising October of 08 9 days & February of 12 days 09. Even if we buy and sell $20 for each trade we are still up $360!!!!!

Click on "Our Company" located in the lower left corner of the RCCL Home Page. Then click on the "Investor Relations" tab at the top right of the page. Next, click on the "Investor Relations" link, and, finally, click on the "Shareholder Benefit" tab at the top right of the page.

I bought our 100 shares yesterday. The stock is up over $1.20 per share since I made the purchase! Yeah!!!!

Thanks! I bought mine before it bottomed. It dropped $6 from the time I got the form and turned it in. But. it went down another $4 after. I had a long talk with my FP before buying. He didn't recommend the buy but, as he is aware of my cruising history and that I was using it for OBC instead of a pure investment he gave up and bought it for me.

How do you know if it has been applied? I faxed it in last week for my 2/18 and 2/24.

I admit I am dumb-as-a-rock when it comes to stocks and investing. So, my two questions...Does this mean that if you haven't booked by May you don't get an OBC for anything you book later in the year? Also, is there fine print that says OBCs are not guaranteed, they can stop giving them any time they feel the need to?

Thanks

Aside from death and taxes there are few guarantees in life. ;) Certainly the cruiseline retains the right to change or eliminate the benefits associated with owning its stock. However, they have a long record of making quarterly dividend payments to their shareholders, and the OBCs are actually a relatively inexpensive way of encouraging folks to book cruises on their ships. In order to get that OBC, shareholders have to book a cruise, something which will generate far more money for the line than the OBC that they pay out. It is basically cheaper than advertising. Furthermore, the OBC is applied against charges that you incur during the cruise. In order to get your OBC of, say $100, you need to spend $100 or more during your cruise. In the long run, they come out far ahead. If you take these things into consideration, you should conclude that the likelihood of shareholder benefits being eliminated is almost non-existent. Barring a calamity such as the company going bankrupt, it is in their best interest to continue these programs which contribute to their financial success.:)

Thanks! I bought mine before it bottomed. It dropped $6 from the time I got the form and turned it in. But. it went down another $4 after. I had a long talk with my FP before buying. He didn't recommend the buy but, as he is aware of my cruising history and that I was using it for OBC instead of a pure investment he gave up and bought it for me.

How do you know if it has been applied? I faxed it in last week for my 2/18 and 2/24.

I read in another thread that you should give them a call to confirm that it has been applied. I asked them to email me with a confirmation, but I just sent them the information today so I expect it will take them a couple of days to work through the logistics. Also, per my research, you should print a copy of the OBC confirmation and take it with you in case there are any discrepancies once you board.

I read in another thread that you should give them a call to confirm that it has been applied. I asked them to email me with a confirmation, but I just sent them the information today so I expect it will take them a couple of days to work through the logistics. Also, per my research, you should print a copy of the OBC confirmation and take it with you in case there are any discrepancies once you board.

Thanks! Ill give them a call tomorrow as I havent heard back.

Wow,

I got a fast response; I just e-mailed confirmation of my RCL stock to shareholderbenefit and received an e-mail confirmation that the OBC had been applied to my cruise in less than 24 hours! I am very impressed by how fast they processed my request (and pleased with the recent jump in the stock price as well). Hopefully there will be good news with the earnings release / conference call scheduled for next week - I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I received confirmation today that my OBC has been applied. I just faxed the information to them yesterday and I received confirmation today...amazing! Also, we're not sailing until February, 2009!!! Woo-hoo...I am truly impressed with this responsiveness!

I own 100 shares of RCCL and have posted the following figures on another thread. Now....there's no doubt that any stock has risk associated with it and owning a travel industry stock in a recession is usually not good. That being said.....much to my dismay:( since I'm cruising in February:D , RCCL will begin receiving the fuel surcharge in February.

They report 67,550 total berths for the whole company. If you do the math....here's how much additional revenue they'll be getting:

67,550 berths x $10 per day (assuming double occupancy) fuel surcharge = $675,500 per day x 30 days per month = $20,265,000 in additional revenue PER MONTH!!!

Maybe I'll get my $70 fuel surcharge back with a stock price increase!!

I own 100 shares of RCCL and have posted the following figures on another thread. Now....there's no doubt that any stock has risk associated with it and owning a travel industry stock in a recession is usually not good. That being said.....much to my dismay:( since I'm cruising in February:D , RCCL will begin receiving the fuel surcharge in February.

They report 67,550 total berths for the whole company. If you do the math....here's how much additional revenue they'll be getting:

67,550 berths x $10 per day (assuming double occupancy) fuel surcharge = $675,500 per day x 30 days per month = $20,265,000 in additional revenue PER MONTH!!!

Maybe I'll get my $70 fuel surcharge back with a stock price increase!!

One factor you left out of your equation was the increased price that RCI and the other lines are paying for the fuel necessary to operate those ships monthly. Unless you compare the two figures you really can't know whether or not they are coming out ahead or behind.:rolleyes:

You are also operating on the assumption that they are sailing at 100% capacity, which may be optimistic, even figuring that more than 2 people sail in some staterooms. What is the old saying? "Figures lie and liars figure"?;)

Thank You for your help. I called Linda today. She never got the fax, I fat fingured one number after looking at my fax history. I sure hope the fax wasn't sent to anyone unethical:eek: .

Any way I'm glad I listened to you guys rather than the phone agent telling me not to look for it until a week out. She hasn't emailed me yet but, I hope for a confirmation soon or will call/e-mail again.

Nice pop for the stock recently! :D :cool:

Right now it is UP over $2.70. :D

The stock has been down recently.

I wonder if anyone bought it????

It was/is a good buy. I got mine at $32.00.

Also, as much as we cruise on RCCL or X it

certainly makes sense to own RCL and, get the

stockholders benefits for each cruise....

which we do. :D

Funny, I was thinking that same thing earlier this afternoon.

It is only up 21% since I bought it a few weeks ago...there is still room to grow. Get your broker to share some of the analyst predictions on target price and let that figure into buying and selling. I am holding on a while longer, best estimate is that I should be looking for a 35-40% return before selling it. (return not counting OBC or dividends)

One of my other stocks is up to 3X what I bought it at a year ago. I will not mention the name because at this time it is a private company that in a few years may go public at a far higher value. At least that is the hope of the small group of owners. I'd like to see a 20X increase in value in the next few years before I let it go, all of which is actually possible. That will give me enough to finish funding DD college, and start a nice cruise fund as well.

It is only up 21% since I bought it a few weeks ago...there is still room to grow. Get your broker to share some of the analyst predictions on target price and let that figure into buying and selling. I am holding on a while longer, best estimate is that I should be looking for a 35-40% return before selling it. (return not counting OBC or dividends)

I am pretty happy with my decision to sell (disembark) this past Friday. Today it was down 6.38% with no significant news and the S&P 500 was only down 1.11%. Same story with Carnival's stock (CCL). To me that indicates the RCL stock ran up too quick and will need a catalyst to move much beyond $42 a share for any significant length of time. They just recently announced earnings so I do not anticipate any catalysts in the short term. The earnings report was decent, so if it falls below $37 I will probably get back on board.

If this works, below is the one year chart for RCI. If it does not work then look it up.

The price bounces around quite a bit and is one that many day trade in. You can expecy intraday fluctuations.

Considering all that you do get a good return if you purchase it just prior to a cruise and sell just after. The onboard credit is a substantial return on investment. Generally in the 5 to 7 percent range.

GifServlet?b1y&6547|11m

If this works, below is the one year chart for RCI. If it does not work then look it up.

The price bounces around quite a bit and is one that many day trade in. You can expecy intraday fluctuations.

Considering all that you do get a good return if you purchase it just prior to a cruise and sell just after. The onboard credit is a substantial return on investment. Generally in the 5 to 7 percent range.

GifServlet?b1y&6547%7C11m

Of course if you purchase the stock and hold onto it while you cruise on RCI more than just once, the return on investment may be even better since you don't need to time the market in order to "buy low and sell high" and don't have to factor all of the transaction fees into your computations. But again, diffferent people buy stocks for different reasons, and if you are a frequent cruiser on RCI, Celebrity and/or Azamara, that may be reason enough to purchase the stock. If you are looking at it primarily as an investment vehicle, I suggest that you consult a professional rather than depend on advice from anonymous sources on these boards.

Yeah, it really is a rather volatile stock, especially past couple of months. I am hoping it gaps down further tomorrow at the open so I can buy back. Its up over $1 in after hours trading, but very low volume so not much meaning in the after hours price.

Archived