Movies on Mill

mattR

What goof goes to the movies on a cruise, especially when theyre playing repeats.icon6.gif

My DH loves to go to movies anywhere, anytime. We don't go out to movies "onshore", so the 2-year old movies are often new to us. PLUS, we don't watch movies on TV because we hate the commercials.

So I guess we are the "goofs".

On our last cruise, HAL, we actually "went to the movies" and watched Mr. Bean on vacation. And we laughed our heads off. They had popcorn, and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves for a couple of hours. It was a sea day, and we just relaxed in the theatre. Of course, it was not a big screen, it was two large tv screens, but it did the trick. That was the first time ever we've gone to a movie on a cruise ship.

We have rented them while in the cabin and watched them from the comfort of our bed (something we can't do at home since there's no tv in the bedroom).

Shay

I have to admit, I'm not much of a "movie while on a cruise" person myself. I was on the Caribbean Princess this past February and watched their jumbotron MUTS at the pool. It was interesting for about 15 minutes and very loud. The picture quality was excellent but I just didn't get it.

Here I was, sitting on a lounge chair with beautiful skies, ocean breezes going deaf listening to this movie that had been showing on HBO for a year.

It's obviously popular because all of the chairs were taken. At night, I could see flashes on the water off my balcony from the screen. If you are into it, great, just don't ask me to hold a lounge chair for you because I'll be elsewhere!

Celeb ships have really nice movie theaters & for those who don't go often at home , it can be fun on a night when nothing else is going on.. Some nights the shows are not worth it & not everyone gambles or does the bar/lounge scene-- wish they were more recent but there's something for everyone..

If you think the movies are stale, just wait until you see the television line-up. Sure hope you enjoy Red Skelton, The Beverly Hillbillies, Burns and Allen and Bonanza! And by the way, did I mention it's the SAME episodes of each that get broadcast over and over throughout the cruise?

We too, are goofs on a cruise.:p

We did our first X cruise Dec 06 and I was stunned at the TV lineup and the movies that they showed in the theater. This past Dec we were smart. We brought the portable DVD player and a wallet of DVDs. Very nice. Sitting out on the balcony at midnight, barefoot, watching a great movie. It doesn't get much better than that!

I can watch repeat movies, IF they are good to begin with.

Celeb ships have really nice movie theaters & for those who don't go often at home , it can be fun on a night when nothing else is going on.. Some nights the shows are not worth it & not everyone gambles or does the bar/lounge scene-- wish they were more recent but there's something for everyone..

Do they pass out popcorn?

My wife and I do like to watch movies when we are on cruises. On sea days it is relaxing to watch a good movie in our stateroom. The problem with Celebrity is that they don't have much to offer as far as TV or VCR. We were on Millennium several months ago and I was unable to connect the DVD player I brought from home. The technitian said it wasn't possible. We will be on Infinity next month. How can I hook-up the DVD?

I was looking through some "Celebrity Today" pamphlets that some on posted from mid Dec. I seems that all the movies they play in the theater are around 2 years old:(

Cruise lines generally can't get first-run movies for two reasons: one is distribution regulations, the other is cost. It's simply not cost-effective for a cruise line to get a digital copy of the latest, greatest movie to come out because there isn't the demand for it. I noticed on our Crown Princess cruise the movies were a little newer (since they invested so much money in that screen), but still nothing you couldn't get on DVD...

Archived