For those of you who have cruised with teens...

MaryL31

We just returned from a 5 night NOS cruise...it was my children's (DD15 and DS13) first cruise. They had a great time...now looking at a future cruise, and considering a smaller ship (only for the itinerary/dates)...we LOVED Navigator! Can anyone who has taken their teens on smaller ships than Voyager class tell me if their teens were just as happy/busy on the smaller ones?

My teens (now 18 and 16) enjoy any and all cruises. It was a little hard on the 18 yo our last cruise, because she was too old for the Adventure Ocean activities, so it was harder to meet people. But she will still kill for another cruise!

We just returned from a 5 night NOS cruise...it was my children's (DD15 and DS13) first cruise. They had a great time...now looking at a future cruise, and considering a smaller ship (only for the itinerary/dates)...we LOVED Navigator! Can anyone who has taken their teens on smaller ships than Voyager class tell me if their teens were just as happy/busy on the smaller ones?

We just returned from the New Years cruise on NOS and my kids loved it! They have sailed on the Enchantment twice and loved it as well. While there's more to do on NOS (ice skating rink, basketball court, and mini golf), the Enchantment is lovely and offers a unique experience as well. The pool area is very nice; there is also a rock climbing wall, arcade, and 2 bungee trampolines located at the front of the ship. No Johnny Rockets, but there is a Ben and Jerry's (they were on a first name basis with my son!).

My son is now 16, but he enjoyed his past cruises on Enchantment. And I don't know if the kids would appreciate this or not, but the best dining room service we ever experienced on a cruise (outside of Chops Grille) was on the smaller ship!

Our kids are 11 and 17. They have been cruising since they were 4 and 10. This past summer we took and 11 med cruise with Celebrity on Galaxy. This is a much smaller ship than others they have been on (like Mariner and Adventure). They loved it anyway. Their enjoyment has everything to do with the other kids on board. My son (17) met kids from all over the world that he still corresponds with online. The teen group only consisted of about 20 or so 'regulars', but it didn't matter at all. I was a little worried, too, about the lack of amenities, but we also chose this cruise for the itinerary.

He too, found plenty of ice cream, friends, and this is also where he discovered Guitar Hero, which kept him very busy. It was the trip of a lifetime for everyone in our family.

We've just returned from a Xmas and New Year cruise on the Brilliance. My kids (and I) missed the extras that the Voyager class offers. Have made a promise that it's Voyager class and above for us from now on. Probably to do with the fact that they don't go to the teen club but like to amuse themselves with other activities. We are now booked on the Independence for next year. Mine are 14 and 16. They still loved our cruise, but did miss the Promenade and the ice rink.

He too, found plenty of ice cream, friends, and this is also where he discovered Guitar Hero, which kept him very busy .

So- is there one in your house yet!!!LOL

My kids love that thing. If they were on this bb they'd ask me can we try Celebrity!!!

Maybe it was just our bad luck but, anytime we have been on a voyager class ship, the skating rink always seemed to be closed to allow the performers to practice.

That being said - the (smaller) radiance class ships probably offer almost as many amenities if you are looking to go smaller.

Funnily enough though, I have a hard time even noticing much of a difference in size.....all these ships seem absolutely HUGE!

well......we took three of our five teens on monarch (we have 3 boys) then we too four of our teens on Vision. I found that the smaller the ship the more personal it becomes. Having said that, our boys seemed to latch onto kids more on the smaller ship, down side to that......they ended up having somewhat of a shipboard mini romance (we wanted them to ourselves not with girlfriends) then they also seemed to run into the same set of boys, because the ship was smaller and they were threatening our boys because of teenaged mock battles - like those little deer that practice being adults by bumping their heads up against eachother in mock battle. Any way.......just kid stuff but it was annoying......so I like a larger ship with teens. Too many teens to bond with eachother, this I like. :D

My kids have been on Voyager, Radiance, and Vision class ships. The only one they felt was a little sub par was the on the Vision itself as it had limited clubs, no burger joint like Seaview or Johnny Rockets, and no sports court. The also liked having a movie theater and the self-leveling pool tables on Radiance ships.

My three teens started cruising with us about 4 years ago, and have been "spoiled" by Voyager class and Freedom. On Serenade last year, they realized after a few days that they really love the bigger ships so much more. Can't say I blame them, there is so much more to do! If AO is lively for the week and they "group up" and click, it will be a great week no matter what ship your on!

Happy cruising :D

Hope your family had as much fun as we did Mary. Did your 13 year old hang out with the 12-14 year old teens at Living Room, Fuel, the sports deck? Just got back home last night at midnight and already my son has been corresponding on Facebook, MSN, Myspace and email, with the others he met on NOS. If your son was part of the group ask him if he met Dylan.

My 18 yr old daughter had a harder time meeting people the first 2 nights but she finally did and had a great time. They should have an activity on the first night for 18-21 year olds just so they can meet.

Thanks, everyone, for your responses! It helps to give me some insight as to what to look for...As one poster mentioned, I am a bit afraid that my kids (AND their parents) were "spoiled" by the beautiful NOS...am so afraid to be disappointed on our next cruise, whenever that may be!

Skipatrol-my son DID hang out with yours! His name is Philip, and he has your son's e-mail address...I'm sure he will be hearing from Phil soon!

I'm a teen, and have been on Monarch, Enchantment, 3 Voyager class, and the Freedom.

I have to say that I would enjoy any cruise ship, but I do have to admit, I would miss some of the qualities of the Voyager and Freedom class ships such as the bigger rock wall, especially the promenade, and for the freedom, flowrider and h2o zone.

I would also miss the ice shows and free ice skate, but those are things that here and there, everybody would miss a little. But I would be just as happy on any cruise ship.

Archived