For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Kaybee - I just read your comments on Mercedes as CD....that's too bad :( She is on her game this week for sure.

I also heard from DeDe that last week was INSANE with all the spring breakers - did that influence your cruise???? This week there were literally no spring breakers at all.

I hope you did not have serious issues.....?

...and no, the issues weren't with the spring breakers tho they were a PITA at times. I don't want to post details of the issues we had yet as we're still waiting for comment from RCI. I emailed customer service and will see if/when they respond. I'll be happy to share with you when you get back if you like.

...and no, the issues weren't with the spring breakers tho they were a PITA at times. I don't want to post details of the issues we had yet as we're still waiting for comment from RCI. I emailed customer service and will see if/when they respond. I'll be happy to share with you when you get back if you like.

I look forward to reading the information.

Hi Robyn!

Hope you are enjoying week #2. We certainly enjoyed cruising with you and your family last week! AOS is a wonderful ship and the cruise was fantastic.

Getting out of San Juan turned out to be the hard part. We did make it home this afternoon. I am sure you will hear all about it in an email from Janet.

Enjoy your remaining cruise and have a safe trip home.

Talk to you soon.

Jim

...LOTS of no smoking areas on the ship - way more than there ever has been. No more smoking allowed in any bars on the Promenade. Very limited smoking area on the pool deck too :)

Does that include the Duck and Dog? When we were on in December that was the only place people were smoking on the Promenade and unfortuantely it was an issue for us.

ok so I'm still a couple days early! Just wanted to get this near the top and see if you found out:

Who the CD will be on April 4th and

Will DeDe still be the Concierge on that sailing?

Hope you had a great time on your vacation! I'm so ready to get onboard I can't stand it! 2 weeks from tomorrow we'll be winging our way to San Juan! WOOHOO!

I must really be getting close! I just got an email from Dede the Concierge on the AOS! Now to look through all the Spa Services and decide what I want to book! :) Portofino's is already booked, but since I now have the menu, I can decide what I might want to eat!!! 2 weeks from now I'll be finishing dinner and get ready for sailaway! WOOHOO!:D

ok so I'm still a couple days early! Just wanted to get this near the top and see if you found out:

Who the CD will be on April 4th and

Will DeDe still be the Concierge on that sailing?

Hope you had a great time on your vacation! I'm so ready to get onboard I can't stand it! 2 weeks from tomorrow we'll be winging our way to San Juan! WOOHOO!

DeDe will be onboard as your Concierge :D She is taking the ship to Europe and then she is on vacation for 5 weeks before returning to the ship for the summer European season.

Your CD will be Casey Pelter - he arrived onboard last week, and Mercedes left yesterday (she is on her way to Buenos Aires for vacation) before returning to the AOS this summer in Europe :)

Have a great cruise!!!

DeDe will be onboard as your Concierge :D She is taking the ship to Europe and then she is on vacation for 5 weeks before returning to the ship for the summer European season.

Your CD will be Casey Pelter - he arrived onboard last week, and Mercedes left yesterday (she is on her way to Buenos Aires for vacation) before returning to the AOS this summer in Europe :)

Have a great cruise!!!

Thanks Robyn! I'm so excited I can't stand it! I'm sure you had a wonderful vacation. I look forward to reading any review that you do!:)

Thanks for the welcome back!

I don't plan on a formal review, but as always I am more than happy to answer any and all questions you may have about the AOS :D

I took LOTS of pictures and as soon as they are downloaded, I will upload them and provide the link!

I am busy catching up on life on land.....which includes a job that pays for my cruises, but I will definitely get the pictures online ASAP!;)

Thanks for the welcome back!

I don't plan on a formal review, but as always I am more than happy to answer any and all questions you may have about the AOS :D

I took LOTS of pictures and as soon as they are downloaded, I will upload them and provide the link!

I am busy catching up on life on land.....which includes a job that pays for my cruises, but I will definitely get the pictures online ASAP!;)

Welcome back look forward to all of your pictures can't wait. Also thank you for this thread I had been leary about reserving the AOS but after reading most of this thread I know I don't have anything to worry about.

Welcome back look forward to all of your pictures can't wait. Also thank you for this thread I had been leary about reserving the AOS but after reading most of this thread I know I don't have anything to worry about.

Lorey - you are so welcome! I am glad to hear that you are booked on the best ship RCI has!! :D You have nothing to worry about, and everything to look forward to!!!:p

Welcome Back!

We are booked on the Adventure April 18 (the Aruba Route). This will be our first Royal Caribbean Cruie and so excited. Can you tell us what you did at the ports we will be visiting? Also what time did you get to the port to get on the ship and lastly what type of room did you have? We have JS 9618 booked. We originally booked an E1, but with price drops and residency rate we were able to upgrade for the same price. So excited about our suite and would love to hear more about it if you have any info.

Thanks again for this great thread and hope you had a great time on your cruise!

Debbie

Welcome Back!

We are booked on the Adventure April 18 (the Aruba Route). This will be our first Royal Caribbean Cruie and so excited. Can you tell us what you did at the ports we will be visiting? Also what time did you get to the port to get on the ship and lastly what type of room did you have? We have JS 9618 booked. We originally booked an E1, but with price drops and residency rate we were able to upgrade for the same price. So excited about our suite and would love to hear more about it if you have any info.

Thanks again for this great thread and hope you had a great time on your cruise!

Debbie

Hi Debbie :)

We are very familiar with the Aruba route and we love it!

In Aruba we hopped in a cab ($10) and went straight to Palm Beach where we spent a lovely sun filled day. There are lots of amenities at Palm Beach including a great restaurant called Gilligans - it is part of the Radisson Hotel.

In Curacao we walked into town (we walked across the pontoon bridge) and did some shopping. Curacao is lovely, but it is not a beach destination for us.

In Dominica we did nothing :cool: This is one port I was unimpressed with, and unless on a cruise - would not return to!

In St.Thomas we did some shopping at the Havensight port area. We have been to St. Thomas a dozen times and have done the beach thing, so we were looking to shop in the morning and spend a lazy afternoon by the pool which is exactly what we did :D If you are looking for a day at the beach - try Magen's Bay.

You must be very excited about your cruise, and you have a great JS booked! :p Have fun!!!!

Just an FYI for those interested:

Not all cabins on the AOS have converted to flat screen TV's :eek:

On turnaround day, I went into a lot of the empty suites to take pictures and many GS's had the old style TV's.....:cool: Most of the D1 cabins are the old TV's too. My cabin JS 1358 had an old TV when we boarded, and when I saw it I asked the cabin attendant to bring me a new flatscreen TV and by the following morning we had one!!!! :D:p

Just an FYI for those interested:

Not all cabins on the AOS have converted to flat screen TV's :eek:

On turnaround day, I went into a lot of the empty suites to take pictures and many GS's had the old style TV's.....:cool: Most of the D1 cabins are the old TV's too. My cabin JS 1358 had an old TV when we boarded, and when I saw it I asked the cabin attendant to bring me a new flatscreen TV and by the following morning we had one!!!! :D:p

Our inside cabin, which was nearly across the hall from Robyn's suite, had an old style tv and I had to call to have it serviced a couple of times. One of the few things I wasn't impressed with. Hopefully they'll have them all replaced shortly.

Robyn,

Thanks for the reply! We have been to all the ports except for Curacao, so still looking at different ideas. Thanks for the suggestions! In fact Palm Beach is what I was thinking about for Aruba. Take care!

Debbie

Robyn,

Thanks for the reply! We have been to all the ports except for Curacao, so still looking at different ideas. Thanks for the suggestions! In fact Palm Beach is what I was thinking about for Aruba. Take care!

Debbie

In Curacao, if you are interested in such things, Hato Caves is a really cool place to visit. The first time we went to Curacao we went there in the morning and then spend the afternoon in town. During another visit to Curacao we went to the Aloe plantation and Ostrich farm in the morning and spent the afternoon in town. I found all of those places very interesting to go to. But my interests and your interests might be very different.

Our inside cabin, which was nearly across the hall from Robyn's suite, had an old style tv and I had to call to have it serviced a couple of times. One of the few things I wasn't impressed with. Hopefully they'll have them all replaced shortly.

Kaybeeeee - How did you know what suite I was booked in? You stalkin' me??? LOL :p:p

Would you believe you posted your suite number on page 133 of this thread? :D

Now when are you coming to make me an offer???

Yah, I kinda thought I may have mentioned it somewhere :rolleyes:

You want me to make an offer? I need details.....:p

Archived