Tell me about your best ever towel animal

I shocked the daylights out of our cabin steward because I got a towel animal book and practiced making them before our cruise. I left one the first night before we went for dinner. He was so amazed that he brought all his friends to see what I did and they all figured that I must have worked on a cruise ship. He even brought his supervisor to look. From then on it became a competition to see who could out do the other.

My husband had gone to the cabin one night and when we met up he said wait til you see what Nigel left tonight. The next morning when I saw him I said ok, you win. He just grinned from ear to ear. This was his winning entry.:D

IMG_1458.jpg?t=1200458413

I emailed your picture to my sister and her husband to get them in the cruise mood for our cruise together on the NCL Gem in March.

I use to take or leave towel animals. They were a nice extra for sure but now that I have my daughter 6 with us who just goes gaga for them, it is more exciting seeing it thru her eyes.:) Michelle from the Navigator - we just LOVED her - she was the highlight of our cruise. She made a hanging monkey that was waving hello to my daughter as she climbed up to her pullman bed. Then when she got up to the bed there was a bunch of little towel animals sleeping with her stuffed animals under the covers. My daughter's face was priceless.

There are some cabin attendants that really go out of their way to delight the youngsters. They are a credit to their cruise line.

We've had all of the usual a couple of times, like that monkey, the alligator, the stingray, the elephant, etc.

But when we were on the Freedom last year, our guy made a little baby hanging up from the ceiling in our room. I wish I would have taken a picture of it. Our attendent made the baby, and then he put little eye shadow on it from someone in our room, and he made a little rattle with another towel. It was so cute.

When we cruised on Serenade last February we had no idea that there would be towel animals, there was no such thing on Princess.

We kept each one and lined them up on the loveseat.

On our final sea day we were on the balcony with some friends and Maria the darling cabin attendant came in and was ready to leave since we were there, but we told her to go ahead since we were on the balcony anyway.

She quickly cleaned with her partner and then I noticed she was hovering around the bed. 6 noses were pressed up against the glass on the balcony when we realized she was doing something with the animals on our bed. We went in to find that she had organized all of the towel animals on our bed and set them up playing a poker game. We think that the bunny was cheating:p

Maria was incredible and so was the poker game, she will be hard to top!

It sounds really dumb but, just the silliness of towel animals is making me all the more excited for our first cruise. I love being in situations that aren't all seriousness and the idea of walking into a sparkly clean room with a goofy creature made from a towel waiting to greet me - well - that just makes me smile.

We opened the door to our cabin one night and found a towel guy in our bed and listening to rap music on the t.v. He was wearing Dh's baseball cap,the life vest, had his arms crossed and had the t.v. remote in his hand. We busted out laughing! It was great!

We could always find our room steward very easily on that cruise because there was always rap music coming from whatever cabin he was in at the time.

Hello Sue L...

You were so swift posting these pictures. Your post posted before mine!!! Thanks again. He is handsome, isn't he???

coffeebean

Wow! I would have FREAKED if I found him! LOL. Would have thought I walked into the wrong cabin and caught someone in bed!!:p Oooohhhh.....I really hope I get towel animals this time! These all look so cool. I love things like this - just makes me smile!

Hello everyone...

Thanks so much for posting pictures of your towel animals. This thread is fun and I'm really enjoying it.

Just want to set the record straight about our towel "man". He was created by our stateroom attendant on the Soverign of the Seas, not Enchantment as I first posted. I want to give credit where credit is due.

Archived