The Happy Wanderer---Summertime Down South

RuthC

RevNeal, Your pictures are incredible. What an awesome trip that must have been for you and your friends. My favorite pics are the penquins, they are so cute.

Thank you ... yes ... they ARE cute! :D

I'm working on video now ... including some excellent footage of those penguins. :D

Ugh! I'm aware that there were a couple of pages with images and text out of order. GRRRR ... I hate it when that happens.

I think I got 'em all fixed, now.

THANK you to the 18 people who e-mailed to let me know! :D

After sorting through about 5000 photographs, choosing the cream of the crop, and processing that cream for posting on the internet, I have finally finished my photo galleries from the South America / Antarctica Cruise.

Here are my galleries.

Remember to click on the thumbs to view each image in a larger slide-show.

http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/rotterdam2008/Menu264.html

Loved your photos of your cruise on the Rotterdam, Greg! They're all so wonderful.

What wonderful photos! I love some of the ones of the Christ the Redeemer statue. "Compelling" is a good word for them.

I spent quite a bit of time looking at them last night, and didn't come close to seeing all of them. I'll get to the rest today. Promise.

(And several have made it to my screen-savers already!;) )

With RuthC's gracious permission, I have added a burst-video I took of her in the Crows Nest, on the last formal evening. She was having a wonderful time "dancing" sitting down.

http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/rotterdam2008/iMovieTheater266.html

Ruth, thank you for letting me post this. It's a lot of fun ... and so are you!

You're welcome, Greg. It was fun. And thank you for the kind words. ;)

It's funny, but every time I watch the video I start bopping in my chair! Like I said in the video---I can't stop 'til the music does. :D

Carol, I can't help it. I hear music and I move.

I remember sitting at a red light one night, movin' and groovin' to Aretha Franklin, when I noticed the dudes in the next car giving me the thumbs up---Go, Granny, go!

It used to drive my husband to distraction when I was in the passenger seat. :D

I remember sitting at a red light one night, movin' and groovin' to Aretha Franklin, when I noticed the dudes in the next car giving me the thumbs up---Go, Granny, go!

I can identify with that Ruth. Loved "your" video...I "danced" in my chair here right along with you!

I used to make the weekly visit to care for my Dad who lived on the Cape...and stay with him all weekend til Sunday night. I'd drive home with the oldies station on (to keep awake), and sing and "dance" all the way home. The looks I'd get were priceless!

One of the biggest injustices to befall me is that I love to sing, know the lyrics to millions of songs, and can't carry a tune. I drive my kids(all who can carry a tune) nuts because I sing off key. When in college, I had to play the piano and sing a song to pass one of the education courses. DH(who went to Julliard and then wound up with me) taught me to sing on key to "Little Duckie Duddle". We still laugh about it..and I still sing away.

One of the biggest injustices to befall me is that I love to sing, know the lyrics to millions of songs, and can't carry a tune. I drive my kids(all who can carry a tune) nuts because I sing off key. When in college, I had to play the piano and sing a song to pass one of the education courses. DH(who went to Julliard and then wound up with me) taught me to sing on key to "Little Duckie Duddle". We still laugh about it..and I still sing away.

I knew there was a reason we get along so well, Carol...I'm in the same boat (no pun intended)...I know all the lyrics...but can't carry a tune to save my life! I didin't know Sam went to Julliard...WOW, that's neat!

I knew there was a reason we get along so well, Carol...I'm in the same boat (no pun intended)...I know all the lyrics...but can't carry a tune to save my life! I didin't know Sam went to Julliard...WOW, that's neat!

Yes, Sheila, he did. He played the piano, and quite well. :D

Yes, Sheila, he did. He played the piano, and quite well. :D

He's very talented, Carol! :D A piano playing dentist...that's awesome! No wonder he liked the Piano Bar on the Noordam. We did, too, of course...but neither of us can play the piano.

I was so traumatized by that course, I still remember the lyrics. It's, of course, a children's song.

Little Duckie Duddle

Went swimming in a puddle

Went swimming in a puddle quite small

Said he it doesn't matter

How much I splash and splatter

I'm only a duckie after all.

I was so traumatized by that course, I still remember the lyrics. It's, of course, a children's song.

Little Duckie Duddle

Went swimming in a puddle

Went swimming in a puddle quite small

Said he it doesn't matter

How much I splash and splatter

I'm only a duckie after all.

Sounds like a very cute song, Carol. I've never heard it before...when we see you again, you're going to have to sing it!

Good idea, Sheila. I can come too, learn the lyrics and tune, then add it to my Happy Wanderer song list.

House rules are that I can only put songs I know on the list. Think there'll ever be topic to use it? Might be a stretch.

Great video, Ruth (and Greg, of course - got to think the producer! :rolleyes:)

AS to driving and singing - whenever we're headed out to drive somewhere I make up some CDs of what we call "road tunes" - 50's R&B, 60's English invasion and some early 70's folk-rock. Then we "head out on the highway" with the audio jacked. It's even more fun when we take the convertible :rolleyes:

You really should consider the "Blues Cruise" with us in January...

Little Duckie Duddle? OK, I know probably a few thousand songs, but this one I never heard of. Never.

Glad it wasn't on the Name That Tune contest. ;)

There is a song you don't know?!? :eek:

And here I was just about to enter you in the "Don't Forget the Lyrics" contest!!

Archived