Juneau 8a - 9p -- Tracy Arm Options?

DD

Are there any other options for seeing Tracy Arm besides Adventure Bound? Their time schedule and our ship's itinerary don't coordinate. We'll be on the Coral Princess. Princess is not offering an excursion to Tracy Arm. Do you know of any other choices?

Contact AdventureBound. They may be running 2 departures, one at 8 and the other at 9.

Yes, try calling. I did get through a few weeks ago. However the person who does all the bookkeeping and billing was not there. I am still waiting for my email confirmation.

This company advertises a later departure, but the website does not seem up to date. You could try calling or emailing them. It says they have a 9:00 a.m. departure.

http://www.auknutours.com/

Yes, try calling. I did get through a few weeks ago. However the person who does all the bookkeeping and billing was not there. I am still waiting for my email confirmation.

This company advertises a later departure, but the website does not seem up to date. You could try calling or emailing them. It says they have a 9:00 a.m. departure.

http://www.auknutours.com/

AdventureBound purchased GoldBelt's Tracy Arm operations last year I believe.

I will also be on the Coral Princess, 5/12 out of Vancouver if you're on that one.

I also had the same questions and called Adventure Bound about a week ago and they told me they only had the one at 8am and there is not enough time.

They did tell me that sometimes the ship gets in early and they probably won't be full and we could give them a try. I haven't been to Alaska before and don't know what the chances of that would be. We decided to just book whale watching instead.

Here is a copy of the response I got two weeks ago to my question about August options....

"We have two boats. One holds up to 40 passengers and leaves at 8:00 AM. The other holds up to 48 passengers and leaves at 9:00 AM. As long as you make a reservation about a week in advance, we should have plenty of room for your group.

Thanks,

Stefanie Weber"

I will also be on the Coral Princess, 5/12 out of Vancouver if you're on that one.

I also had the same questions and called Adventure Bound about a week ago and they told me they only had the one at 8am and there is not enough time.

They did tell me that sometimes the ship gets in early and they probably won't be full and we could give them a try. I haven't been to Alaska before and don't know what the chances of that would be. We decided to just book whale watching instead.

You may be going too early for them to be running both boats.

Are there any other options for seeing Tracy Arm besides Adventure Bound? Their time schedule and our ship's itinerary don't coordinate. We'll be on the Coral Princess. Princess is not offering an excursion to Tracy Arm. Do you know of any other choices?

We went with Adventure Bound last year...They did have a 9 am trip...I would try getting in touch with them again..

Kelly

We went with Adventure Bound last year...They did have a 9 am trip...I would try getting in touch with them again..

Kelly

I don't think they do the 9am trips at all times. We, too, tried to book with them for a 9am and was told there is only a 8am for our day. And were also told we could call when our ship docks, and if they are not full at that time they would wait for us. We are not sure if we will do this or not.:(

If they are willing to wait, do it. When I went last summer, I wasn't sure I would make the 9am sailing even with the 8am docking. We got to their office around 8:20, as it was a very long walk from our pier to their office.

Just bring your cellphone along with you and have contingency plans in case they couldn't wait for you.

What stinks is if you are not able to be there in time because of the ship they will keep your deposit. I would love to book with them. They told me last week they had a 9:00 but I am still a little worried. We are suppose to dock at 8:00. I would love to take this tour because it really sounds good. Are are going the end of August.

Do you have a different website for them? I'm looking at http://www.Charter-Alaska.com, and I see $340 pp NOT $380. Also, we chartered the whole boat for $1700... Brought our per person cost down to $283. With the promos they're running, it can get as low as $240 pp including lunch and sales tax.

Pretty good deal for a private tour...

Sorry, my mistake. $340 pp.

B

Here's the response I received from the yesterday about my 5/26 stop in Juneau.

"If your ship gets in early, we would love to have you join us. Our leave time is very firm. We only change it for private parties. Our days are just too long to start later."

Here's the response that I received from Adventure Bound Alaska:

Our second boat will only be available from about June 8 to the end of August. Sometimes ships will get into port early. If your ship gets in early and you are still interested in going with us, just give us a call. It is likely that we will have room for a few extra people.

So, I'd say it's time for Plan B. I'm way too much of a planner to depend on a ship getting in early and maybe being able to take this tour.

The problem with trying to get on a tight timeframe boat tour with Adventure Bound- if your ship is delayed clearing or docking, you need to be well aware of back up plans and get those in place, if you miss Adventure Bound.

But, if you don't have other priority plans, it does no harm to try and get on this boat tour. As already mentioned, it can be a LONG walk to their dock. Have their phone number and call direct. I have known them to keep their schedule and leave on time. Not a given they are going to always wait.

• 2 weeks later...
BQ, do they sometimes wait b/c they would like to have more passengers....if they are not full?

Don't count on it.

As for the return, I wouldn't count on perfect timing there either. Even though it isn't far from the cruiseships, it's a distance when you are walking in a hurry to get on a ship. With a 6pm departure, you won't make it on your ship by 5:30pm.

Archived