Cruise Connections bus - something funny

jt1120

One of the great things about living where we do (southwest Florida) is that we are two hours way from either FLL, MIA or Tampa. In other words, it's pretty easy for us to cruise, living within driving distance from three ports. Lots of people on our cruises have told us how lucky we are, blah blah blah, and it's true, we live in a wonderful paradise. Well, except for the seven hurricanes we weathered through in 2004 and 2005.

But here's the irony, and you'll love this one: I would guestimate that most of us on this site are cruise-a-holics. It's in our blood, and we would probably jump on pretty much any ship if we could. We are definitely junkies, that is for sure. But this morning, the reality hit me - driving along I-75 to work this morning, I followed a Cruise Connections bus for more than a mile. It happens to me almost every Friday. THEY were getting ready to board a cruise ship, probably within the next 2-3 hours. Me? I'm going to work! The only thing worse would be if you had to drive by a port on your way to work. It kinda rubbed in my face that they were going and I was not.

Oh sure, I'll laugh it off later, but for the moment, I was so envious. Oh the frustration. I may need to take the day off.

Better yet, I need another cruise...

:)

Joe and Christine ~ I often see the Cruise Connection bus on I-75. I feel the same way. The only saving grace is that in three weeks, we'll be on the road heading for Constellation. I'll look for you as we drive down I-75 :) ..... and you are welcome to come along!

We are very luckly living here and loving to cruise. The lack of airfare (and worry about getting delayed for bad weather and missing the ship) really makes cruising even more affordable.

HAPPY SAILING!

Is there such a thing as Cruise Rehab. My wife used to think I was nuts when we lived in NJ. I used to go five minutes from the house and watch the Zenith, Horizon and Meridian (dating myself here) pull in and out of New York Harbor on the week-ends going to Bermuda...

The Cruise Connection bus travels the I-75 and I-97 corridors, transporting passengers from stops along the coastal cities to the cruise ports. We haven't used them but lots of folks do. Fortunately, I do not have to get on I-75 to get to work so I don't see them "going" to the ships. I usually catch them on their way "back" and then you don't feel so bad :D

Don ~ you are too funny .... "Cruise Rehab!" Do you think it would take place on a ship?????

Ahh yes, the addiction. Totally understand that one.

I honest to goodness get so excited when the ships come to dry-dock (Esquimalt, B.C. Canada) not to mention that any opportunity I get I go off into town (Victoria B.C.) just to drool over the visiting ships.

I get so miserable when I don't have a cruise booked haveing to drive by the dry-dock when one of the beauties are in.

Solution as I keep telling DH, is I need always to have at least one cruise booked at all times, no problem!:D

The Cruise Connection bus travels the I-75 and I-97 corridors, transporting passengers from stops along the coastal cities to the cruise ports. We haven't used them but lots of folks do. Fortunately, I do not have to get on I-75 to get to work so I don't see them "going" to the ships. I usually catch them on their way "back" and then you don't feel so bad :D

Don ~ you are too funny .... "Cruise Rehab!" Do you think it would take place on a ship?????

Friends of Newt.......It would be like some of these Celeb rehabs, come and go as you please.....

I guess it's a good thing I live in Pa. I don't get to see the Cruise Connection buses!:eek: Anytime I would see one I would probably follow it all the way to the pier! I would be late for work everyday!

Anne: I can't wait to hear your review when you return I will be on the Connie in October! Oh, so far away!:(

Joe and Christine ~ I often see the Cruise Connection bus on I-75. I feel the same way. The only saving grace is that in three weeks, we'll be on the road heading for Constellation. I'll look for you as we drive down I-75 :) ..... and you are welcome to come along!

We are very luckly living here and loving to cruise. The lack of airfare (and worry about getting delayed for bad weather and missing the ship) really makes cruising even more affordable.

HAPPY SAILING!

Hi Anne:) I hope you have a wonderful time.

I met a couple on Mercury back in October and I believe they

will be on your cruise for their anniversary. Brian and Denise, though

I am thinking they are not on the roll call.

If you happen to meet them, please send them all my best wishes.

We hung out quite a bit together in Cova on Mercury.

They are our neighbors to north...no, not in Georgia;)

but from Canada.:)

Anne, check my signature. Denise and I are in a photo together

along with Juro, the bartender.

Click on the Flickr site and it is the PNW Mercury Oct 2007 picture.

Is there such a thing as Cruise Rehab. My wife used to think I was nuts when we lived in NJ. I used to go five minutes from the house and watch the Zenith, Horizon and Meridian (dating myself here) pull in and out of New York Harbor on the week-ends going to Bermuda...

What's worse is when you leave your cruise and head back home on Alligator Alley and count the number of Cruise Connection buses heading in the opposite direction! Maybe 8 or 10 buses! Just after you got off! Argh!

And I thought I was crazy. Pre 9/11, when you could drive right by the FLL dock without showing ID, etc, we would do it every time we went to FLL for the weekend. Just to see a cruise ship is enough to drive someone nuts. And to see these folks on a bus, headed for their cruise... That's ok, we've got three weeks and we'll be on the Century!

We don't see many ships where we live, however, we (mostly I) spend a fair amount of time in Key West. My daughter works at a hotel on the pier, so we get to drool over the ships all the time. I just love to sit on one of the benches and fantasize about being a passenger, and talk about our experiences.

I'll be back there next week, and will get my fix then, but I have to wait until September to actually be able to board.:(

Mary

I lvoe the bus. I live an hour away from FLl-but i hate 95 and dealing with parking. besides i can not lift my suitcase:eek: So i get on the bus and i am there in under 90 minutes with the boca stop. works for me.

Archived