Mercury Staterooms

SusieV

Thanks, Rick.

I was also wondering about the oceanview staterooms right at the front of the ship. They look considerably larger than a standard oceanview stateroom. Is this true? Does anyone know approximately how big they are and how they are laid out?

Thanks!

I'm still trying to decide what type of stateroom to book. We'd love a balcony but I think we could take another cruise for the difference! So now it's between inside and oceanview.

Oddly, the category 9 insides are cheaper than category 10. Is there something more desirable about the location of the category 10s?

Thanks, Rick.

I was also wondering about the oceanview staterooms right at the front of the ship. They look considerably larger than a standard oceanview stateroom. Is this true? Does anyone know approximately how big they are and how they are laid out?

Thanks!

I'm still trying to decide what type of stateroom to book. We'd love a balcony but I think we could take another cruise for the difference! So now it's between inside and oceanview.

Oddly, the category 9 insides are cheaper than category 10. Is there something more desirable about the location of the category 10s?

Hi Susie,:) I have sailed Mercury 5 times...all inside cabins in cat

9 or 10.

I was on her in October and really recommend 1043 to you.

Great location, one deck up to the Lido....and very quiet too

with a suite across from you.

If the cat 9 is mid ship that is always good as well.

Lois, 1043 is available so I will see if I can grab it! Thanks for the recommendation. Are the sideways cabins laid out differently?

I'd love to hear your thoughts on Mercury as well since you've been on her so many times! My only regret is that she doesn't have a specialty restaurant. We loved Normandie and Ocean Liners.

Susie, I enjoy the sideways cabin and was very glad I booked

it. I had one on Century in December too.

I know everyone has their personal preferences and I loved

this cabin:)

As for Mercury, you are on this site and have read many

threads I am sure.

Quite a few people don't like this ship....I happen to love her:)

Great service and I always know crew and staff on board~

just feels like home to me.

Betty, I had 9233 when I sailed to Alaska.

It was a good location too:) ....not far from the door that goes

outside on that deck (AFT).

Especially for an Alaskan Sailing.... I woke up early to go

outside when we sailed by the Glacier. It was quite amazing:)

Thanks, Rick.

Hi Susie,

We got off Mercury just 2 days ago (that is, they had to drag us off:D) and we had cabin 8004 at the corner, just under the bridge. It was fantastic. I would take it over - almost - any balcony cabin we've ever had (including some of the FVs). It is larger than any of the CC cabins - 8004 and 8007 are category 5 OVs and have 250 sq. ft. and almost nobody walks that far to the front of the ship unless their cabin is there. (You see just what the captain is seeing when he enters a port)

You do need to be good "sailors" as you will feel lots of motion (as we did on the Tasman Sea) and you will hear those big waves hitting the bow. But, we love the "rocking and rolling" of the ship and have, up to now, never needed pills, bands or any other help to prevent seasickness. Those 2 are "secret" cabins on Mercury -- if you can, grab one of them.

Thanks, Rick.

Thanks!

There are pictures of those larger OV cabins at this excellent site:

http://www.geocities.com/mahdnc/Cabinpix.html

In addition, type in "8004" in the Cruise Critic search engine for the Celebrity boards and it brings up a number of threads.

Phil

Hi Lois, remember me, I was the one that dubbed the curb at JAX as the "Lois Lane" because of all the people you were picking up that were going on the Zenith out of JAX back then.

Anyhow, I'm curious about your blessing of room 1043. I've always avoided that area of rooms because it is under the highly active pool area. Are you saying it really was quiet?

Be honest now, is it that you sleep through anything. It's just that I always thought there would be noise from chairs above although it may have astro turf in that area. And the blank spaces on ships deck plans, which are next to that room, mean it is a storage area which may or may not have activity, seemingly always when you are drifting off to sleep. The room must be sideways to fit arount the pool.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Hi Joe:)

If the cabin was bad I would tell you, I promise:)

Honestly, whatever was above this cabin was not noisey.

If I recall it is NOT directly under the buffet and there was

not alot of foot traffic above it.

So yes, it was REALLY that quiet. Nope~I definitely did NOT

hear chairs either. And the blank spaces in the hallway were crew

supplies and stuff and it was just always quiet to me.

It might show it is under the pool area but I honestly never

had a problem. It was just down the hall from the stairway and

an easy trip up to the lido deck.

Not sure what you mean when you say the cabin is set up this

way to fit around the pool?:confused:

I had the cabin back in October for a week and would book

it again if I had the chance.:D

The sailing I went on was to the Pacific NW, Vancouver, Victoria

and Naniamo....it was wonderful:)

I was able to get cabin 8004 on the Mercury for my upcoming cruise. I'm very excited to see the cabin. It will be my first cruise on Celebrity. I just noticed that gty 2A is avaliable for $70 more per person. Should I stick to my OV or is the balcony nice to have?

I also noticed Cat. 04 is a lot cheaper than my cat. 05. When I booked the cruise Cat. 04 was $10 more pp., now its $140 less pp. Does anyone know why they would have reduced the OV Cat. 4?

We had 8007 on our 2007 Alaska cruise and I have to tell you it was a GREAT cabin!!! It is MUCH larger than the standard OV and balcony cabins. My BIL came to our room to view Hubbard Glacier (it was way to cold to be on deck) and could not get over how much room we had. If I ever sail on Mercury again I would absolutely try for one of those 4 cabins!

We had 8007 on our 2007 Alaska cruise and I have to tell you it was a GREAT cabin!!! It is MUCH larger than the standard OV and balcony cabins. My BIL came to our room to view Hubbard Glacier (it was way to cold to be on deck) and could not get over how much room we had. If I ever sail on Mercury again I would absolutely try for one of those 4 cabins!

kruisecat, is the view through the window obstructed by anything or do you have a clear view of what's in front of the ship? I'm thinking it might be an awesome way to go through the Panama Canal but if the view isn't so great, I can do without the extra space and stick with my inside.

Archived