Diamond Plus Aminety ?

sue.young

Does the C&A program require a frequency level as well as a total number or in other words do old cruises "expire" so that you must keep up a set level? Or are they for life? If we like RCCL we might get to the point where we can cruise once a year and accumulate enough to rise above base metal level...but it will take a few years.

Do not expire. Once you earn them they are yours, unless of course their data base takes a vacation and we all know that could never happen.

We were called two weeks before our Monarch of the Seas cruise last December. We also took the tote bag. (only one). Korbel was offered also in addition to the others memtioned.

Now let's see if we get a call before our Liberty cruise comming up.

BTW, we still have not received our Diamond Plus kit. Every time we call, they say they are shipping it out and it will take from 6 to 8 weeks. This last call was our third time trying to get the kit. We have been calling since last August. Still no pins, luggage tags etc....:(

Mike

No one called us in January. Actually we had to follow up with our request because we didn't get anything when we boarded the ship. Also a friend of ours who is DP never got anything on her recent cruise. I told her to call and ask next time. No one even told her she was eligible to receive anything. My guess is they're not calling anymore.

We were called for our Jan 31st Grandeur cruise.........called about 10 days out........in fact,like Negc,they called and left a message for us to call them back..........no upgrades since it was a 4 nt cruise..

Korbel was offered also in addition to the others memtioned.

I mentioned that earlier..

Tote bag

Bottle of white wine--Mondavi Twin Oaks Chardonnay

bottle of red wine--Caliterra merlot

Korbel

RCL logo beach towel

Choc strawberries(you get 4)

Fruit basket

slippers

The tote bag is the nicest thing they offer.........it is the same one they offer in Gifts and Geargft_totebag_147.jpg just doesnt have that fanny pack or whatever that is in front...........

I think we have had every amenity,so now we just get the Chardonnay...........even though I prefer red,I do not like the Caliterra Merlot they offer........

They will call you 2 weeks out(more or less) to offer you the amenity and if available an upgrade.......(fat chance of those lately unless you have like 100 credits).they call you in order.......those with the most get called first......

Tote bag

Korbel

RCL logo beach towel

Fruit basket

slippers

Kathy, I have one tote bag and got another for my mother in law. I like the beach towels, but we have 2 now so that's probably it for awhile. Check out my earlier post - there are more wine options, so you may find a red you like. I'm partial to the Malbec they offer, and the Liberty School Cabernet or Rosemount Shiraz aren't bad, either. I can get those easily enough at the local supermarket, so I'm going for the Malbec.

Kathy, I think that they recently upgraded the whole DP amenity list. To be honest, when I heard about the new wines I didn't care about what else they offer, although I remember a chees plate (big deal, they give one anyway, unless they've done away with that, too).

Rick, at 49 credits (after the 49th), you get two amenities on a 7+ night cruise, and there is at least a wider selection of wine, but the customer service rep I spoke with said that they change the goodies fairly frequently, so she couldn't/wouldn't email me a list of what's currently offered. No worries as long as they don't mind reciting the wine list every time I cruise!:D

Just got off the phone with C and A DP desk....I had to call about something else,but figured I'd ask about the additional wines for DP(those over 24---each additional level gets more to choose from).....

I was very happy to see some additional choices.........(I copied from the Gifts and Gears page so thats what the prices are there---gives you an idea which one they consider "higher priced:p " )

White Zinfandel, Sutter Home

$25.95

Asti Spumante, Martini & Rossi, Piedmont

$27.95

Korbel Brut, California, USA

$30.95

Cabernet Sauvignon, Woodbridge Twin Oaks

$25.95

Shiraz, Footprint, Western Cape, South Africa

$25.95

Malbec, Navarro Correas, Coleccion Privada

$25.95

Merlot, Caliterra Colchagua Ch

$29.95

Johannisberg Riesling, Chateau St Michelle

$28.95

Pinot Grigio, Danzante, Venezie, Veneto, Italy

$34.95

Chardonnay,WoodbridgeTwinOaks

$25.95

And like Jean said, they did add a chese plate.....

Tote bag

Korbel

RCL logo beach towel

Fruit basket

slippers

cheese plate

Wow PH..........those prices on the wines in your above post are OUT OF SIGHT!

Most all of those wines are like $8.99 to $10 bucks tops in the grocery stores. Hard to believe they can get marked up that much.

If I was a WINO on a cruise I'd have to go "COLD TURKEY" and drink Iced Tea!! :D

• 7 months later...

I know this is an old thread,but just got off the phone with C and A..........heres the updated DP amenity list(they took off several wine choices)

Tote bag

RCL logo beach towel

Choc strawberries(you get 9)

Fruit basket

slippers

cheese tray

wine truffles

Crayola Color Wonder Finger Paint and Coloring Book

Korbel Brut

Merlot, Bloemendal, Durbanville

White Zinfandel, Woodbridge, Robert Mondavi

Chardonnay, Stone Cellars

This is the list for those who have under 49..........over 49,another list....and the only thing she told me was they add Liberty School Cab to the list..

Tote bag, the blue and yellow one they sell in gift and gear

Bottle of white wine

bottle of red wine

RCL logo beach towel

Choc strawberries

his and hers slippers

You get only one per cabin even if there are two D+ members in the cabin

ONLY if they are the same address. It is 1 per address or so I was just told as I just made D+ & my sister is D+. we should get 2 amenities on our next cruise:D

We were called two weeks before our Monarch of the Seas cruise last December. We also took the tote bag. (only one). Korbel was offered also in addition to the others memtioned.

Now let's see if we get a call before our Liberty cruise comming up.

BTW, we still have not received our Diamond Plus kit. Every time we call, they say they are shipping it out and it will take from 6 to 8 weeks. This last call was our third time trying to get the kit. We have been calling since last August. Still no pins, luggage tags etc....:(

Mike

why don't you ask the LA on your next cruise. they should have alot of time on their hands

I know this is an old thread,but just got off the phone with C and A..........heres the updated DP amenity list(they took off several wine choices)

Tote bag

RCL logo beach towel

Fruit basket

slippers

cheese tray

wine truffles

Korbel Brut

This is the list for those who have under 49..........over 49,another list....and the only thing she told me was they add Liberty School Cab to the list..

you can also get the asti

you can also get the asti

Not anymore.......they took it off the list.......we talked about that one..........OR maybe since you're higher than 49 cruises,its on your list.............but not for those of us with less than 49

Not anymore.......they took it off the list.......we talked about that one..........OR maybe since you're higher than 49 cruises,its on your list.............but not for those of us with less than 49

We are going on Mariner Oct 26 and asked about getting Asti or Riesling and were told they are both discontinued. So, we got the Korbel. Asti & Riesling are the only 2 wines my husband likes. I am hoping he will drink the Korbel. I drink red wines mostly, but can do the first two mentioned.

If he doesn't like the Korbel, next time it will be red wine, lol.

We are going on Mariner Oct 26 and asked about getting Asti or Riesling and were told they are both discontinued. So, we got the Korbel. Asti & Riesling are the only 2 wines my husband likes. I am hoping he will drink the Korbel. I drink red wines mostly, but can do the first two mentioned.

If he doesn't like the Korbel, next time it will be red wine, lol.

Im trying the.....Merlot, Bloemendal, Durbanville .never had it,never heard of it......but I like reds(but didnt want the Woodbridge)

darn--not over 49, just made D+. we just had asti on the jewel last month. i like that better than korbel, my sister will be happy

darn--not over 49, just made D+. we just had asti on the jewel last month. i like that better than korbel, my sister will be happy

Yea,apparentally they just changed it......those werent the choices on my last cruise(sept 12th)

Called two days ago for the Nov. 10 TA on Navigator and was given a choice of Pinot Grigio which we took.

Guess they used the old list..............but if you called today,you wouldnt get that choice.............they have new emails.........

Guess they used the old list..............but if you called today,you wouldnt get that choice.............they have new emails.........

Hope we get the Pinot, but if they have to substitute, any wine is better than no wine. This will be our first D+ cruise.:)

Anyone have the updated list of non wine choices?

Thats what I posted ..............these are all your choices.

Tote bag

RCL logo beach towel

Fruit basket

slippers

cheese tray

wine truffles

Korbel Brut

Archived